[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We signed Tony Wroten to 3 year contract...
Author Thread
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

6/1/2016  12:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/1/2016  12:52 AM
joec32033 wrote:Why has no one mentioned the most obvious (at least to me) comparison for Wroten, who is Eric Bledsoe?

And for symmetry didn't Bledsoe have some amazing numbers 20-6-6 or so playing for Hornacek?

Bledsoe had a better outside shot, but yeah I do see it as well. Also with Wroten's size it would be nice if they can maybe teach him a little bit of posting up. It would help his knees and give him another option on how to get into the paint.

They still need a light out shooter to take on the role of Goran, and considering Wroten's knee injury it would make a lot of sense to give Grant around 15-20 minutes a game in a similar role to bledsoe as wel to just not put that many minutes on Wroten's knees. I really think the knicks need to draft a guy who could potentially become a knock out shooter and then get a guy in FA they think has a more legit chance to be the same. No shooter at that SG spot is going to make the whole transition offense sputter and it won't make the half court offense any easier either.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/1/2016  1:10 AM
wargames wrote:
joec32033 wrote:Why has no one mentioned the most obvious (at least to me) comparison for Wroten, who is Eric Bledsoe?

And for symmetry didn't Bledsoe have some amazing numbers 20-6-6 or so playing for Hornacek?

Bledsoe had a better outside shot, but yeah I do see it as well. Also with Wroten's size it would be nice if they can maybe teach him a little bit of posting up. It would help his knees and give him another option on how to get into the paint.

They still need a light out shooter to take on the role of Goran, and considering Wroten's knee injury it would make a lot of sense to give Grant around 15-20 minutes a game in a similar role to bledsoe as wel to just not put that many minutes on Wroten's knees. I really think the knicks need to draft a guy who could potentially become a knock out shooter and then get a guy in FA they think has a more legit chance to be the same. No shooter at that SG spot is going to make the whole transition offense sputter and it won't make the half court offense any easier either.

Yeah I think Phil is VERY much aware of the need. He's gotta looks for a replacement to AA who was not the long term solution we need at SG. There are some very interesting SG's late in this draft. Guys that can shoot, defend and pass.

I like this kid Caris Levert. He's skinny but he's like a 6-7 PG/SG which I like. He defends as well.

blkexec
Member: #748
6/1/2016  9:08 AM
nixluva wrote:
wargames wrote:

Yeah I think Phil is VERY much aware of the need. He's gotta looks for a replacement to AA who was not the long term solution we need at SG. There are some very interesting SG's late in this draft. Guys that can shoot, defend and pass.

I like this kid Caris Levert. He's skinny but he's like a 6-7 PG/SG which I like. He defends as well.

Well, I'm always biased when I see two way players, with high basketball IQ. These guys are constantly being pushed down the draft, because of the young and international potential talent. This guy is perfect (based on highlights only) for our Hornacek-Triangle system.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
6/1/2016  9:11 AM
Nix....if you ever wanted to know how I play, this guy is very similar. How he shoots, pass and defends. When I build a team from scratch, I look for "unselfish superstars". This guy fits that category, at the city league level. And I can see him playing a Ron Harper role.....as a PG or SG.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/1/2016  9:20 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:This is good to hear.

Yeah I saw this tweet. I didn't post it cuz you know how some people would jump on me for being too pro Wroten. LOL

we are all pro wroten ... just some of us are not allowing ourselves to get to amped up and excited about him.

You don't get amped up or excited about anything Knicks so it's easy for you.

of course I do! I was as amped up as anyone about KP and if you check the game threads you can see who actually was there every game and amped up.

But not getting amped up about 28 page Tony Wroten makes me a bad fan, right?

I also did not get gaga excited and create insane expectation for grant while people were saying that the expectations was a mike conley.

I like lopez and I liked #thisMelo (until he reverted to that melo under rambis)

I am stoked about the coach ...

So am I less of a fan or just a more rationale one?

You're just a very negative fan cause all you do is complain about everything and everyone on these threads and you even hate on fans that are excited about a player or anything else Knicks. It's like you don't like anyone being happy about anything with the Knicks that you're not happy about. Very negative but i can't say you're not a Knicks fan, just a different kind is all.

so you just are negative about anything that someone says even if its reality and rational.

again, if you read what I wrote and checked the game threads you will see that I get excited about reality when real things actually happen.

You had the same silly comments for me when we signed Afflalo. It happens to be that the things that I don't like mostly turn out as I worried it would. I liked the Rolo signing and hated the Afflalo signing.

You can go jump on someone who does not get excited about Tony Wroten or about AA coming to the knicks ... go ahead ...

I get it man and i'm not gonna waste any more of my time trying to get you to be a little more positive. I just don't think you should hate on anyone that gets excited about anything with the Knicks just because you're not excited about it is all.

reinman just hasn't been the same since the whole Hinkie thing fell apart.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/1/2016  9:24 AM
nixluva wrote:
wargames wrote:

yup - I've thrown his name out before too... he can play but he's an injury risk. I don't mind using seconds on guys who would be firsts if they haven't been injured

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

6/1/2016  11:22 AM
we have 31 pages on t. wroten. lol
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
mreinman
Member: #3189

6/1/2016  11:53 AM
jrodmc wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:This is good to hear.

Yeah I saw this tweet. I didn't post it cuz you know how some people would jump on me for being too pro Wroten. LOL

we are all pro wroten ... just some of us are not allowing ourselves to get to amped up and excited about him.

You don't get amped up or excited about anything Knicks so it's easy for you.

of course I do! I was as amped up as anyone about KP and if you check the game threads you can see who actually was there every game and amped up.

But not getting amped up about 28 page Tony Wroten makes me a bad fan, right?

I also did not get gaga excited and create insane expectation for grant while people were saying that the expectations was a mike conley.

I like lopez and I liked #thisMelo (until he reverted to that melo under rambis)

I am stoked about the coach ...

So am I less of a fan or just a more rationale one?

You're just a very negative fan cause all you do is complain about everything and everyone on these threads and you even hate on fans that are excited about a player or anything else Knicks. It's like you don't like anyone being happy about anything with the Knicks that you're not happy about. Very negative but i can't say you're not a Knicks fan, just a different kind is all.

so you just are negative about anything that someone says even if its reality and rational.

again, if you read what I wrote and checked the game threads you will see that I get excited about reality when real things actually happen.

You had the same silly comments for me when we signed Afflalo. It happens to be that the things that I don't like mostly turn out as I worried it would. I liked the Rolo signing and hated the Afflalo signing.

You can go jump on someone who does not get excited about Tony Wroten or about AA coming to the knicks ... go ahead ...

I get it man and i'm not gonna waste any more of my time trying to get you to be a little more positive. I just don't think you should hate on anyone that gets excited about anything with the Knicks just because you're not excited about it is all.

reinman just hasn't been the same since the whole Hinkie thing fell apart.

fell apart?? It could not be more perfect. If only they had kept Tony Wroten they would be competing with us for the championship.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
blkexec
6/1/2016  12:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/1/2016  12:12 PM
callmened wrote:we have 31 pages on t. wroten. lol

Looks like all the 31 pages of fan support paid off.....Wroten to compete for a starting role next year.

http://dailyknicks.com/2016/06/01/new-york-knicks-tony-wroten-to-compete-for-starting-role/

Dolan should sell the team to the fans.....So we can have a bigger voice, like Green Bay Packer fans!

blkexec
6/1/2016  12:16 PM
76ers head coach Brett Brown described Wroten as a, “Mini LeBron James."
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/1/2016  12:25 PM
nixluva wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Love the part about his progression spiking over the last 7 weeks. Also if he is cleared for contact he will definitely be playing in the summer league games.

I have to say that i've learned a lot about ACL injuries from all of this. In any event I am really pulling for this kid to have a bounce back season and long career. The Knicks most surely could use a break and hopefully Wroten can give this team an explosive, penetrating guard we need.

I think the long layoff and rehab is really gonna help Wroten a lot. More time and work to build up the knee can't hurt at all.

Remember when no one wanted Chris Paul because he had no cartilage in his knee? Good times.

Surgical technique has come such a long way since the old days. It's really amazing how they're able to get guys back on the court or football field. Rehab regimens have also improved. There's just a whole lot more knowledge about how to handle these kinds of injuries now. People forget that Shump had an ACL.

It's funny I re-read the article and I noted how Berman was sounding skeptical about Wroten's athletic ability and it made me think, has this guy even spent one second looking at video of the kid to know what his strengths are? He sounded like someone who NEVER saw Wroten play or bothered to check for himself what kind of player he was.

I hate laziness. At least he could've wrote that he was dubious about the comparison to Westbrook's explosion but I went and looked at his footage and the kid is pretty athletic. I mean how hard is it to youtube a player? There's tons of footage of this kid taking off and finishing over guys. It just kills me when people don't even try to get informed.

One of the main things with Wroten is he needs to not play like he's on the playground or in a And 1 game and play the way of the NBA. The stuff these guys do in the And 1 games are great to watch but you won't be playing in the NBA if you try to play that way. All the crazy passes and showboating needs to be left behind, he got away with it for the 76ers because they really had no system but to just give him the ball and let him do what he wants with it and they kind of did the same thing with Ish Smith last year. Like i said, it's fun to watch but you can't win NBA games playing that way.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

6/1/2016  12:54 PM
blkexec wrote:

Looks like all the 31 pages of fan support paid off.....Wroten to compete for a starting role next year.

http://dailyknicks.com/2016/06/01/new-york-knicks-tony-wroten-to-compete-for-starting-role/

Dolan should sell the team to the fans.....So we can have a bigger voice, like Green Bay Packer fans!

I feel sorry for Grant if this is true because Wroten has been an awful player so far. The guy should be competing for a roster spot not a starting spot.

blkexec
6/1/2016  1:04 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
nixluva wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Love the part about his progression spiking over the last 7 weeks. Also if he is cleared for contact he will definitely be playing in the summer league games.

I have to say that i've learned a lot about ACL injuries from all of this. In any event I am really pulling for this kid to have a bounce back season and long career. The Knicks most surely could use a break and hopefully Wroten can give this team an explosive, penetrating guard we need.

I think the long layoff and rehab is really gonna help Wroten a lot. More time and work to build up the knee can't hurt at all.

Remember when no one wanted Chris Paul because he had no cartilage in his knee? Good times.

Surgical technique has come such a long way since the old days. It's really amazing how they're able to get guys back on the court or football field. Rehab regimens have also improved. There's just a whole lot more knowledge about how to handle these kinds of injuries now. People forget that Shump had an ACL.

It's funny I re-read the article and I noted how Berman was sounding skeptical about Wroten's athletic ability and it made me think, has this guy even spent one second looking at video of the kid to know what his strengths are? He sounded like someone who NEVER saw Wroten play or bothered to check for himself what kind of player he was.

I hate laziness. At least he could've wrote that he was dubious about the comparison to Westbrook's explosion but I went and looked at his footage and the kid is pretty athletic. I mean how hard is it to youtube a player? There's tons of footage of this kid taking off and finishing over guys. It just kills me when people don't even try to get informed.

One of the main things with Wroten is he needs to not play like he's on the playground or in a And 1 game and play the way of the NBA. The stuff these guys do in the And 1 games are great to watch but you won't be playing in the NBA if you try to play that way. All the crazy passes and showboating needs to be left behind, he got away with it for the 76ers because they really had no system but to just give him the ball and let him do what he wants with it and they kind of did the same thing with Ish Smith last year. Like i said, it's fun to watch but you can't win NBA games playing that way.

Showboating isn't the problem....it's playing within the system while making others better, regardless how fancy you play.....Now if the showboating causes negative plays and turnovers, thats different. Magic Johnson was full of fancy showboating passes and was a hot ticket for the NBA and made his teammates better. It's a gentle balancing act that most role players haven't figured out. The Triangle helps players like Wroten. It gives him the green light to create in fast break situations...........And in half court, it allows him to increase your IQ and make the right play, which makes others better. But those fast break above the rim plays with Wroten and Grant coming at you should be fun to watch, while KP and Melo are lethal weapons that are trailing for the kickout pass.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/1/2016  1:05 PM
Can someone please link this thread to like his twitter or Instagram account lol. I don't have those things to do it myself.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
blkexec
6/1/2016  1:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/1/2016  1:12 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

I feel sorry for Grant if this is true because Wroten has been an awful player so far. The guy should be competing for a roster spot not a starting spot.

Well, I might have first hand knowledge at Grants thinking for next season. Hes having a basketball camp in MD and they are looking for volunteers. If I get the job, I will have great insight into Grants thinking for next season. And I haven't spoke to him since I first met him and his brother and father in Motor Vehicle sometime ago, before we drafted him.

But sometimes it's great to have a backup player thinking he should be a starter, early in their career. It's only a problem when you are a veteran like JR Smith and still trying to be a starter. These guys are young and just starting their career. It's healthy competition. Grant has to earn the starting spot. And if he can't beat out Wroten, that tells you alot about Grant, who should have the upper hand with his triangle knowledge and NBA experience.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/1/2016  1:21 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

At the beginning of every season..ALL players should be competing for the starting spot.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

6/1/2016  2:01 PM
blkexec wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Well, I might have first hand knowledge at Grants thinking for next season. Hes having a basketball camp in MD and they are looking for volunteers. If I get the job, I will have great insight into Grants thinking for next season. And I haven't spoke to him since I first met him and his brother and father in Motor Vehicle sometime ago, before we drafted him.

But sometimes it's great to have a backup player thinking he should be a starter, early in their career. It's only a problem when you are a veteran like JR Smith and still trying to be a starter. These guys are young and just starting their career. It's healthy competition. Grant has to earn the starting spot. And if he can't beat out Wroten, that tells you alot about Grant, who should have the upper hand with his triangle knowledge and NBA experience.

I agree and that's the real issue if Grant can't beat out Wroten the knicks drafted a bust unless Wroten becomes a totally different player offensively and defensively.

callmened
Member: #4234

6/1/2016  2:33 PM
lets go for 40 pages for wroten. I still cant believe this. lol
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/1/2016  2:36 PM
callmened wrote:lets go for 40 pages for wroten. I still cant believe this. lol

Are you kidding me? Just wait til Summer League. We'll be at 60 pages by the end of the first game!

¿ △ ?
blkexec
6/1/2016  3:24 PM
crzymdups wrote:
callmened wrote:lets go for 40 pages for wroten. I still cant believe this. lol

Are you kidding me? Just wait til Summer League. We'll be at 60 pages by the end of the first game!

Don't worry, knick fans will jump ship after the first brick or air ball.....Calling for Phils head, during summer league action!

We signed Tony Wroten to 3 year contract...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy