[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We signed Tony Wroten to 3 year contract...
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/22/2016  4:28 PM
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:Now this is the kind of picture I'm ECSTATIC to see. H2O with Wroten in the gym is pretty nice.

you know what, I was never a Wroten fan, too many flaws in game, not enough fundamentals, didn't have the foundation of BBIQ that is palpable.

If he comes with the above attitude for his Knicks career and puts in the hard work, I can get on board.

+1

ES
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/22/2016  4:43 PM
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I'm his biggest fan here. I feel about him the same way I felt when we got Lin. Lin was a beast in college so I knew he had it in him to play well at this level. Especially when he bust John Walls ass in summee league. Wroten dropped big numbers on chris Paul and a few others. I can't wait till he shows everyone how good he is. If his jumpshot improves then we are going to have a big time talent on our hands

If you're the biggest fan then i've got to be 1A. LOL. I'm glad that he's getting the help and nurturing he needs from the Knicks and you can tell they're taking it seriously. This Free Agent class isn't guaranteed to net us the guard we need. Taking a chance on a kid with talent but that needs development is a very smart thing for this team.

People have to remember how young he is and that he's been in some PUTRID situations in his young career. There is more structure here for developing his game. The system will give him a much more clear role and tighten up his game. It should help him to think the game more and understand how to impact the game better. He'll learn more control of when to explode and when to run the offense. He was playing in Philly with very little skilled talent. He will have much better support here on the court. Meanwhile the young and athletic players will benefit from playing with him, since he can push the ball and give this team WAY MORE fast break opportunities than we've had.

I am a big Wroten fan as well but the guy I remember being most passionate about acquiring him was RonRon. I think he got teased about it.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
mreinman
Member: #3189

4/22/2016  5:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I'm his biggest fan here. I feel about him the same way I felt when we got Lin. Lin was a beast in college so I knew he had it in him to play well at this level. Especially when he bust John Walls ass in summee league. Wroten dropped big numbers on chris Paul and a few others. I can't wait till he shows everyone how good he is. If his jumpshot improves then we are going to have a big time talent on our hands

If you're the biggest fan then i've got to be 1A. LOL. I'm glad that he's getting the help and nurturing he needs from the Knicks and you can tell they're taking it seriously. This Free Agent class isn't guaranteed to net us the guard we need. Taking a chance on a kid with talent but that needs development is a very smart thing for this team.

People have to remember how young he is and that he's been in some PUTRID situations in his young career. There is more structure here for developing his game. The system will give him a much more clear role and tighten up his game. It should help him to think the game more and understand how to impact the game better. He'll learn more control of when to explode and when to run the offense. He was playing in Philly with very little skilled talent. He will have much better support here on the court. Meanwhile the young and athletic players will benefit from playing with him, since he can push the ball and give this team WAY MORE fast break opportunities than we've had.

I am a big Wroten fan as well but the guy I remember being most passionate about acquiring him was RonRon. I think he got teased about it.

we giving credit already for who called this? The guy still sucks until he proves otherwise unless you are predicting the future here.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/22/2016  5:33 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Wow I don't remember that. Too bad. At least now there's a chance we could see if Wroten can help this team with it's biggest weakness in the Backcourt. Having him be around the team all this time should help with his comfort level with things.
Finestrg
Member: #1069

4/22/2016  9:26 PM
Glad to hear Tony's working with Houston on his shooting. Only good can come from that.
nixluva
USA
4/22/2016  11:31 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

we giving credit already for who called this? The guy still sucks until he proves otherwise unless you are predicting the future here.

He's a prospect with a lot of talent who needs development. Saying he sucks isn't helpful and misses the point. A player can have talent but not know how to put it all together. What we're hoping for is to develop the kid and fix his flaws. He's not yet been a complete player but the plan is to get his jumper going and teach him how to use his talent to best use.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/23/2016  7:14 AM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

He's a prospect with a lot of talent who needs development. Saying he sucks isn't helpful and misses the point. A player can have talent but not know how to put it all together. What we're hoping for is to develop the kid and fix his flaws. He's not yet been a complete player but the plan is to get his jumper going and teach him how to use his talent to best use.

Nobody is asking for credit.... to suggest such is trolling.

Btw he doesn't suck. If the dude can drop 16pts per game he doesn't suck. Guys are willing to pay dudes that barely average 12pts per the max and guys that only played good for 2 weeks the max. Yet this guy has a larger portfolio and he sucks.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
USA
4/23/2016  4:04 PM
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Btw he doesn't suck. If the dude can drop 16pts per game he doesn't suck. Guys are willing to pay dudes that barely average 12pts per the max and guys that only played good for 2 weeks the max. Yet this guy has a larger portfolio and he sucks.

Wroten's issues were his shooting % and Turnovers. Both are things that can be fixed with hard work and proper teaching. I'm very interested to see how Wroten impacts the team's ability to run as well as attack the basket in the halfcourt. The talent that Jerian and Wroten have is significant and only needs to be nurtured and developed IMO. The coaches have to take advantage of their ability to get to the rim and get out on the break.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

4/23/2016  4:08 PM
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Wroten's issues were his shooting % and Turnovers. Both are things that can be fixed with hard work and proper teaching. I'm very interested to see how Wroten impacts the team's ability to run as well as attack the basket in the halfcourt. The talent that Jerian and Wroten have is significant and only needs to be nurtured and developed IMO. The coaches have to take advantage of their ability to get to the rim and get out on the break.
as a big jerian grant fan im excited to see him in year 2. I dont think he was used properly in his rookie year so hopefully he is given more freedom now. As for wroten he is a wild card coming off a serious injury so anything you get is a bonus
nixluva
USA
4/23/2016  4:47 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

as a big jerian grant fan im excited to see him in year 2. I dont think he was used properly in his rookie year so hopefully he is given more freedom now. As for wroten he is a wild card coming off a serious injury so anything you get is a bonus

Jerian's growth is HUGE for this team. We desperately need to properly develop him. It was very good to see Jerian playing better at the end of the season. You could see Rambis using more PnR with Jerian and Jerian was so much better shooting the ball. It took too long to get Jerian the minutes and role he needed but the way he closed the year was a good start to his summer.

I don't see Wroten as a Wild card per se. I already know what he can bring even if he's not a much better shooter right away. His ability to push the ball and attack in halfcourt will be a much needed twist for this team. His quickness and handles will create problems for teams and open up things for the other players on the team. He's already proven that he can do that. Getting him to be more efficient is the big issue for his success. IMO finding a balance between aggression and smart decision making is going to be key.

StarksEwing1

4/23/2016  4:56 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Jerian's growth is HUGE for this team. We desperately need to properly develop him. It was very good to see Jerian playing better at the end of the season. You could see Rambis using more PnR with Jerian and Jerian was so much better shooting the ball. It took too long to get Jerian the minutes and role he needed but the way he closed the year was a good start to his summer.

I don't see Wroten as a Wild card per se. I already know what he can bring even if he's not a much better shooter right away. His ability to push the ball and attack in halfcourt will be a much needed twist for this team. His quickness and handles will create problems for teams and open up things for the other players on the team. He's already proven that he can do that. Getting him to be more efficient is the big issue for his success. IMO finding a balance between aggression and smart decision making is going to be key.

i know what wroten can bring too, ive watched him since college. When i said wild card it was because of his injury which isnt easy to come back from
nixluva
USA
4/23/2016  5:32 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

i know what wroten can bring too, ive watched him since college. When i said wild card it was because of his injury which isnt easy to come back from

Of course health is always the important factor. I just don't think he's as bad as many think he is health wise. Knicks were being extra careful with him which was a good thing. He had the surgery back on Feb. 4, 2015 and was actually playing this season up til he was released. His last game was December 22, 2015. He had no setbacks and no reports of not being able to play when he was waived on December 24th.

December 22, 2015 - Tony Wroten started for Kendall Marshall (rest) in Tuesday's loss and had seven points, seven assists and five rebounds on 2-of-9 shooting in 29 minutes.

I think the Knicks medical staff saw that his leg wasn't as strong as it should be, to protect him against another injury. That is a Precautionary move that made all kinds of sense. It's not that he couldn't play, but that it was smarter to give him more rehab on the leg to bring it up to a better strength level. It's not good for your launch leg to be smaller than your other leg.

StarksEwing1

4/23/2016  5:50 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Of course health is always the important factor. I just don't think he's as bad as many think he is health wise. Knicks were being extra careful with him which was a good thing. He had the surgery back on Feb. 4, 2015 and was actually playing this season up til he was released. His last game was December 22, 2015. He had no setbacks and no reports of not being able to play when he was waived on December 24th.

December 22, 2015 - Tony Wroten started for Kendall Marshall (rest) in Tuesday's loss and had seven points, seven assists and five rebounds on 2-of-9 shooting in 29 minutes.

I think the Knicks medical staff saw that his leg wasn't as strong as it should be, to protect him against another injury. That is a Precautionary move that made all kinds of sense. It's not that he couldn't play, but that it was smarter to give him more rehab on the leg to bring it up to a better strength level. It's not good for your launch leg to be smaller than your other leg.

i never said he was in bad shape. I think he has a good future but next year will be challenging until he gets his strength/conditioning back to normal
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

4/23/2016  6:15 PM
This is a good article on Wroten. In one part he was asked in a tweet why he chose to wear #5 for the Knicks and he tweeted by 5 6 7 and put a winking happy face. The 5 6 7 is him, Melo and KP if you didn't get that and if you didn't then i feel sorry for you...lol

http://www.chatsports.com/new-york-knicks/a/source/new-york-knicks-the-reintroduction-of-tony-wroten-12417021

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/23/2016  6:21 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:This is a good article on Wroten. In one part he was asked in a tweet why he chose to wear #5 for the Knicks and he tweeted by 5 6 7 and put a winking happy face. The 5 6 7 is him, Melo and KP if you didn't get that and if you didn't then i feel sorry for you...lol

http://www.chatsports.com/new-york-knicks/a/source/new-york-knicks-the-reintroduction-of-tony-wroten-12417021

Love it

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/23/2016  6:31 PM
His attitude is great and I hope it works out for him. I think it is a low level risk but for him to have 25 pages is kind of silly. The likely hood of him improving his shooting is low based on history. I could see if he showed promise at the line but he doesn't even shoot over 70% for his career. That is very telling to me. His whole career has been a player who doesn't capitalize on the gifts he has. He can drive but isn't the best finisher. He can create contact and get to the line but doesn't make his free throws. He can break down the defense and create for others but those others also include the opposing team because he turns the ball over at a high rate. Finallly, he is a physical specimen but has suffered severe injuries to his knees.

I'll root for him but updating this thread just seems like a waste but then again these is a fanatics message board.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/23/2016  6:35 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:This is a good article on Wroten. In one part he was asked in a tweet why he chose to wear #5 for the Knicks and he tweeted by 5 6 7 and put a winking happy face. The 5 6 7 is him, Melo and KP if you didn't get that and if you didn't then i feel sorry for you...lol

Love the confidence.

I have really high hopes in Wroten. I think there's potential for he and Grant to be staples in our backcourt for years to come.

We just need to add two-three good guards to those guys. I like Galloway in a smaller role. But we need a Bazemore, a Courtney Lee, maybe a Brandon Jennings, Darren Collison, etc

Look at Indiana's backcourt - that kind of depth - no super stars, but a lot of very solid players in George Hill, Monta Ellis, Ty Lawson, Rodney Stuckey, CJ Miles... that's a good example of building a solid, deep backcourt without necessarily having a super star.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
USA
4/24/2016  12:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2016  12:08 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:His attitude is great and I hope it works out for him. I think it is a low level risk but for him to have 25 pages is kind of silly. The likely hood of him improving his shooting is low based on history. I could see if he showed promise at the line but he doesn't even shoot over 70% for his career. That is very telling to me. His whole career has been a player who doesn't capitalize on the gifts he has. He can drive but isn't the best finisher. He can create contact and get to the line but doesn't make his free throws. He can break down the defense and create for others but those others also include the opposing team because he turns the ball over at a high rate. Finallly, he is a physical specimen but has suffered severe injuries to his knees.

I'll root for him but updating this thread just seems like a waste but then again these is a fanatics message board.

The way I look at Wroten is a little bit like DWILL. DWILL had his doubters and justifiably so. He never had been able to put it together even tho you could see the immense talent. There were doubts that DWILL could function in a structured offense. It seems tho that the longer he played in the system he started to figure things out. DWILL still has upside IMO.

Wroten has a similar chance to find a niche in this system. He's got MAJOR holes in his game but there's a chance for Wroten to focus on his flaws and make improvement. I think the Structure of the Triangle could be good for him. It's certainly going to be interesting to watch and see how he does. The reason for such a long thread is the high upside of a kid like Wroten if he were ever to put it all together. He's the kind of dribble drive threat that can make things easier for KP and Melo.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/24/2016  12:58 AM
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:His attitude is great and I hope it works out for him. I think it is a low level risk but for him to have 25 pages is kind of silly. The likely hood of him improving his shooting is low based on history. I could see if he showed promise at the line but he doesn't even shoot over 70% for his career. That is very telling to me. His whole career has been a player who doesn't capitalize on the gifts he has. He can drive but isn't the best finisher. He can create contact and get to the line but doesn't make his free throws. He can break down the defense and create for others but those others also include the opposing team because he turns the ball over at a high rate. Finallly, he is a physical specimen but has suffered severe injuries to his knees.

The way I look at Wroten is a little bit like DWILL. DWILL had his doubters and justifiably so. He never had been able to put it together even tho you could see the immense talent. There were doubts that DWILL could function in a structured offense. It seems tho that the longer he played in the system he started to figure things out. DWILL still has upside IMO.

Wroten has a similar chance to find a niche in this system. He's got MAJOR holes in his game but there's a chance for Wroten to focus on his flaws and make improvement. I think the Structure of the Triangle could be good for him. It's certainly going to be interesting to watch and see how he does. The reason for such a long thread is the high upside of a kid like Wroten if he were ever to put it all together. He's the kind of dribble drive threat that can make things easier for KP and Melo.

I'm sorry I do not see any similarities to Wroten and D.Will besides both being below average players and even so, there is a huge gap between how bad Wroten has played compared to D.Will before he became a knick. Even as a Knicks you can argue that D.Will is still a below average player when looking at other statistics. Also, when looking at D. Will and his efficiency you saw incremental improvements every year plus for three years he improved at the free throw line and usually shot above 70% from the line. If you want to argue Wroten injuries prevented him from showing improvements then I guess you can argue that. But again I go back to track record and there again is where D. Will seperates himself from Wroten because in college you see how great a player D. Will and how efficient he was. Plus, he could shoot free throws at a pretty good clip.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/24/2016  2:20 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I'm sorry I do not see any similarities to Wroten and D.Will besides both being below average players and even so, there is a huge gap between how bad Wroten has played compared to D.Will before he became a knick. Even as a Knicks you can argue that D.Will is still a below average player when looking at other statistics. Also, when looking at D. Will and his efficiency you saw incremental improvements every year plus for three years he improved at the free throw line and usually shot above 70% from the line. If you want to argue Wroten injuries prevented him from showing improvements then I guess you can argue that. But again I go back to track record and there again is where D. Will seperates himself from Wroten because in college you see how great a player D. Will and how efficient he was. Plus, he could shoot free throws at a pretty good clip.

For the Knics he definitely could be the next AR but he was an athletic freak prior to his injury and he is only 23. JVG was talking about the shooting coach they had that changed Mase to a one anded shot for free throws during the Pistons game in reference to Drummond. He said it improved Mase's free throw percentage dramatically. Seeing how much Lance Thomas improved his outside shot, and Wroten working with Houston, you have to hope that he improves in the areas that have been deficits fr him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
We signed Tony Wroten to 3 year contract...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy