Boston tonight, anyone watching?
Author Thread
SocraticBallin22
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6096

3/4/2016  10:45 PM
Finestrg wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Finestrg wrote:We need a new coach, no doubt, but I want a drastic upgrade in personnel. We need everything. Faster players, more dynamic players, starters, sustainers, closers, guys that wanna step up and want the ball in the end, guys that demand the ball. I mean I can't believe they lost this game. The Celtics were giving this ****ing game away, man.

Our guards suck badly; That's why we lost. And we will continue to lose just like this until we get a point guard.

Just can't understand hearing Rambis saying something like "Jimmer won't displace any of the guards we currently have in place" when he first got called up. I mean he told us he wasn't gonna get a shot before he even walked through the door..and he didn't. Then called him a "fierce competitor" at the end of his contract. LOL..."Won't displace anyone." SMH...Where in the world does that come from??? Kurt, boobie, your guards suck, buddy. It's the worst backcourt in the league by far...How is there no urgency to go out and add a player? Indiana can cut a Chase Budinger to add Ty Lawson, but we can't cut Sasha Vujacic or Lou Amundson to add someone?? What am I saying? We have an open spot!! I just don't get the logic, the lack of urgency (even to use the last 20 games to find out about a player or 2 for next year), the loyalty to a fault to rotten players. It's mind-boggling.

Yep. Agree. I started an entire thread about this earlier. Makes no sense. Just stupidity.

Jimmer can't play defense; we all know this, but Jose can't play any defense, either, and can't get any penetration. At least Jimmer would have put pressure on the defense looking for his shot and trying to break them down. Made no sense not to play him at all. They're all a bunch of fools, yo!

AUTOADVERT
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

3/4/2016  10:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2016  10:59 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Finestrg wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Finestrg wrote:We need a new coach, no doubt, but I want a drastic upgrade in personnel. We need everything. Faster players, more dynamic players, starters, sustainers, closers, guys that wanna step up and want the ball in the end, guys that demand the ball. I mean I can't believe they lost this game. The Celtics were giving this ****ing game away, man.

Our guards suck badly; That's why we lost. And we will continue to lose just like this until we get a point guard.

Just can't understand hearing Rambis saying something like "Jimmer won't displace any of the guards we currently have in place" when he first got called up. I mean he told us he wasn't gonna get a shot before he even walked through the door..and he didn't. Then called him a "fierce competitor" at the end of his contract. LOL..."Won't displace anyone." SMH...Where in the world does that come from??? Kurt, boobie, your guards suck, buddy. It's the worst backcourt in the league by far...How is there no urgency to go out and add a player? Indiana can cut a Chase Budinger to add Ty Lawson, but we can't cut Sasha Vujacic or Lou Amundson to add someone?? What am I saying? We have an open spot!! I just don't get the logic, the lack of urgency (even to use the last 20 games to find out about a player or 2 for next year), the loyalty to a fault to rotten players. It's mind-boggling.

Yep. Agree. I started an entire thread about this earlier. Makes no sense. Just stupidity.

Jimmer can't play defense; we all know this, but Jose can't play any defense, either, and can't get any penetration. At least Jimmer would have put pressure on the defense looking for his shot and trying to break them down. Made no sense not to play him at all. They're all a bunch of fools, yo!

And you just knew after refusing to bring Shved back that the backcourt wouldn't be good enough to carry us though this year. No Shved, training camp's about to start---you're thinking, OK, decent enough frontcourt this guy put together, but WTF's up with that backcourt?? We all knew it wouldn't be enough. Had to take Seraphin--a guy I actually like, and then not use him at all basically (2 coaches have basically gotten nothing out of Seraphin--supposedly Fisher was the one that wanted him--come on Derrick. He was a guard for Pete's sake. You think if anybody would understand the importance of good guard play and having enough guards (quality guards, which Shved was), it would've been Fisher. But no, he pushes for Seraphin over Shved--how was he even allowed to make that call??). Had to take Lou Amundson because he was a good locker room guy? Come on, Phil.. Give us some good players 1-15, frontcourt players AND guards. Even a novice GM should understand the importance of putting together a balanced team. Need a much better mix next year. Can't have any dead weight on this roster anymore.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/4/2016  11:02 PM
Any reason in particular why KP got only 20 minutes?
Finestrg

3/4/2016  11:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2016  11:07 PM
You know what fellas -- I don't even care too much who the coach is next year. I mean who is Brad Stevens really? Not trying to sell him short, I know he's competent, but seriously--you swap out Stevens for Fisher/Rambis this year and this team's still a stinker. It's really why I laugh when Phil starts quoting his book, flashing his rings -- dude, you had GREAT teams -- it would've been a crime if you didn't win and WIN BIG with those teams. We need much better players on this team--that's the key, the step 1. Can't have any holes--I don't care if we have to fill a few spots with some unproven talent--just get me the talent...Then whoever we do get to coach--a Tom Thibodeau, a Luke Walton--let these guys do it their way, Phil. No meddling. No forcing the triangle down their throats...But for Christ sake, concentrate on building a good team first.
Kemet
Member: #6148

3/4/2016  11:17 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:That just sucked. The Knicks have two keepers. Maybe you add Rolo to that list. Brutal. Awful. Can't wait for the Rambis era to end.

We simply got out coached so bad in the last 3 minutes.

I only watch the final 7 minutes, and the knicks are mentally fck'd up, misguided and don't have the spirit, and mind set of winners. That has nothing to do with talent, and every thing to do with preparation.

If RAMBUST was coaching the celtics, and brad stevens was coaching the knicks, we would have won the game

What's Rambis coaching record again?
WOW! Top FA don't want Melo for a teammate!
And top coaches don't want to coach Melo!
The MELO-Knicks had a 7 point lead with 3 minutes remaining in the game ...
And the MELO-Knicks faded in the final quarter plus Miss the winning last shot again !!!

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/4/2016  11:28 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Finestrg wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:You know what's mind boggling? Celtics couldn't buy an outside shot all game long. They probably can't shoot worse if they tried. And all our players had relatively good games and we still lost because A) we're just not good enough and B) Celtic guards could get penetration leading to easy shots (60 paint points) and we can't get any.

dude, it has nothing to do with the roster, ISIAH has been playing that way against every guard in the league, he's having a really good yr, and it ain't because he's facing the knick guards every night.

We have enough talent, we just have bull sht directions.

They had no play set for the last 3 seconds on the clock, just a heave like it was practice, but clearly it's something they don't practice, lack of preparation.

Brad steven calls timeout, he's team came out end execute a perfect play, RAMBUST calls time out, and his team comes out like the coach didn't say sht

we dont have enough talent and we have ****ty coaches

That sums it up.

Our coaching sucks. No argument here. Ramblow got outcoached by Stevens last 5 minutes. BUT the problem is our guard play being terrible and no dribble penetration from them leading to high percentage shots.

please name me that pg that phil every had in this system that got in to the paint on a regular, i forget, was it kerr, was sasha, was it farmer, was it bj armstrong(a little) was it paxson, was it fisher.

Dude there is no room whats so ever to get into the paint when all 5 guys are under the 3 point line, and you Center is smack dead in the middle and that is th case 90% of our possession.

ES
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
3/4/2016  11:37 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:I cant believe we are in the lottery again....with no pick

I can. This is what the triangle looks like with no Jordan, Pippen, Kobe and Shaq to bail it out. We actually saw this version a few years ago in Minny.
OldFan
Member: #446
3/4/2016  11:56 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Finestrg wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

It's not just Rambis, every team in the NBA has decided that Jimmer is not only not good enough be in the rotation - he isn't even good enough to be the last guy on their bench.

So if Rambis is wrong he is in good company.

No one is happy with Jose as our lead PG, but Jimmer is not the answer.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/5/2016  12:33 AM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Reality Check: If I Thomas was our starting point guard with the same exact team (replacing Calderon), we would be a lock playoff team and probably win close to 50 games. Fact.

Co-sign.

Though we'd have to be running anything but the Triangle.

¿ △ ?
Finestrg

3/5/2016  12:50 AM
knickscity wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I cant believe we are in the lottery again....with no pick

I can. This is what the triangle looks like with no Jordan, Pippen, Kobe and Shaq to bail it out. We actually saw this version a few years ago in Minny.

Couldn't agree more.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/5/2016  12:57 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Any reason in particular why KP got only 20 minutes?
Not sure. It wasn't foul trouble. During the broadcast they said he picked up 2 but in the box score he only had 1 foul. Also, why was he not put in until the final minute in the fourth. No one other than Melo could do anything positive on offense and his size helps to curtail the guards penetrating at will.
The three guard rotation of Afflalo, Jose and Gallo has to be one of the worst in history. I know the knicks are still paying for their mistakes of the past but to not attempt to add someone that might help. There aren't any world beaters out there right now but they would be competing for minutes against guys that have so many deficits that they should have a chance. Also, Phil needs to go outside of his inner circle in this coaching search. If the Knicks end up with Shaw next year it will really suck.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/5/2016  3:01 AM

And how do you propose upgrading talent at all positions? Only way to do it is via the draft- we need at least 5 years of good drafting and player development. The problem is most fans are only willing to wait 2 years at most before they demand the GM be fired.

smackeddog
3/5/2016  3:04 AM
What is infuriating me is- if you have no pick and are not making the playoffs, then the only worthwhile thing you can do is to develop your younger players- 3mins for Grant is Ridiculous- hardly and mins for O'Quinn or Williams either. The 15th roster spot unfilled. Playing Melo (who you might trade in the offseason) 40mins? Are we hoping he gets injured? Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

3/5/2016  4:25 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:I'm sorry but Melo and the Knicks are a bunch of losers. Best shot they can get to win it was a 35 foot contested 3 by Melo. They deserve to lose.
even melo has to realize its time to part ways. We could use the picks/cap space to rebuild the right way and he can go to a contender, everybody wins

contender? fcuk that ****... I am betting that the Celtics are going to try and trade for him in the offseason. The Boston commentators were all praise for him.
If he goes to a team like that, at least we get isiah thomas and a whole bunch of picks.

i agree BUT he has a NTC because dolan is a moron

did you see his interview with the celtics news crew before the game

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
3/5/2016  8:15 AM
at one point in the middle of the third quarter there were three plays in a row that constituted a 10-12 point momentum creating swing to the celtics who started off down by 5 points at the time.... all involving afflalo. he turned the ball over twice that led to layups and he took a crappy 3-point shot that led to a bucket. yes, he later made a couple of big shots but it is amazing that his play so frequently creates momentum and comebacks for the opponent, in that he makes several of these plays in a row.
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/5/2016  10:06 AM
dk7th wrote:at one point in the middle of the third quarter there were three plays in a row that constituted a 10-12 point momentum creating swing to the celtics who started off down by 5 points at the time.... all involving afflalo. he turned the ball over twice that led to layups and he took a crappy 3-point shot that led to a bucket. yes, he later made a couple of big shots but it is amazing that his play so frequently creates momentum and comebacks for the opponent, in that he makes several of these plays in a row.

When he is deep in the post and we're not playing small, it leads to easy run outs for the other team if he turns it over. The floor is unbalanced, etc.

¿ △ ?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/5/2016  11:06 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Any reason in particular why KP got only 20 minutes?
Not sure. It wasn't foul trouble. During the broadcast they said he picked up 2 but in the box score he only had 1 foul. Also, why was he not put in until the final minute in the fourth. No one other than Melo could do anything positive on offense and his size helps to curtail the guards penetrating at will.
The three guard rotation of Afflalo, Jose and Gallo has to be one of the worst in history. I know the knicks are still paying for their mistakes of the past but to not attempt to add someone that might help. There aren't any world beaters out there right now but they would be competing for minutes against guys that have so many deficits that they should have a chance. Also, Phil needs to go outside of his inner circle in this coaching search. If the Knicks end up with Shaw next year it will really suck.

I think he was exhausted, to be honest- I expect they saw it after he missed that driving layup and then dove to the floor.

I would monitor him to see that he is not doing too much extra work on his own outside of the team practices.

Have no proof, but my gut feeling is that he is not getting enough rest.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/5/2016  3:47 PM
smackeddog wrote:

And how do you propose upgrading talent at all positions? Only way to do it is via the draft- we need at least 5 years of good drafting and player development. The problem is most fans are only willing to wait 2 years at most before they demand the GM be fired.

did you mean 2 months or 2 years? I think you meant 2 months

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/5/2016  3:51 PM
dk7th wrote:at one point in the middle of the third quarter there were three plays in a row that constituted a 10-12 point momentum creating swing to the celtics who started off down by 5 points at the time.... all involving afflalo. he turned the ball over twice that led to layups and he took a crappy 3-point shot that led to a bucket. yes, he later made a couple of big shots but it is amazing that his play so frequently creates momentum and comebacks for the opponent, in that he makes several of these plays in a row.

I will 1 up you with the AA disparaging. I've been watching him closely and he both loses his man on D and/or doesn't get back on D at ALL. Repeatedly. He has been brutal.

I am really down on AA and Gallo. Both those guys making inexcusable mental mistakes followed by lack of effort on D (that's more AA than Gallo). At least Gallo rebounds, but he can't shoot, pass, dribble and switches horribly, makes silly fouls, and constantly gets picked.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
3/5/2016  4:01 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

did you mean 2 months or 2 years? I think you meant 2 months

Ha ha!

Boston tonight, anyone watching?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy