[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Boston tonight, anyone watching?
Author Thread
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

3/4/2016  10:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2016  10:13 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Finestrg wrote:One or two possession before the last play -- RoLo holding the ball in the post, looking, looking holding, holding, holding....TAKE THE FUCKING SHOT, MAN!!! Back your guy down and use that hook shot!! Everybody was GASSED!!! He's a good player but man is he slow and unselfish to a fault in that post sometimes. WOW. TAKE THE SHOT!! Winds up waiting, waiting, waiting...then airballs a hook shot with the clock running out. Nobody cut, nobody sprung open, nobody did ****!!! Gotta look to score the ball there, RoLo. Come on.

He got the ball with the shot clock running down. You know why? Earlier in the possession Jose tried to back down and post up Thomas and failed badly, swung the ball around and got it to Rolo with about 5 seconds left. He should NOT have the ball there--especially in key possessions. Our pg can't get penetration and the triangle blows when you need a shot. It led to Rolo getting the ball with nothing to do with it.

Ok, I remember that play. Forgot it was all the same play. Still, I remember RoLo having the ball with enough time to back down his guy and get a good high % shot. Say at least 7 secs...But he crouches down low, holding the ball...waiting, waiting. Guys were gassed, man. Nobody wanted that shot...He's gotta take that shot.

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/4/2016  10:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2016  10:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:That just sucked. The Knicks have two keepers. Maybe you add Rolo to that list. Brutal. Awful. Can't wait for the Rambis era to end.

We simply got out coached so bad in the last 3 minutes.

I only watch the final 7 minutes, and the knicks are mentally fck'd up, misguided and don't have the spirit, and mind set of winners. That has nothing to do with talent, and every thing to do with preparation.

If RAMBUST was coaching the celtics, and brad stevens was coaching the knicks, we would have won the game

ES
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

3/4/2016  10:14 PM
I cant believe we are in the lottery again....with no pick
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

3/4/2016  10:14 PM
You know what's mind boggling? Celtics couldn't buy an outside shot all game long. They probably can't shoot worse if they tried. And all our players had relatively good games and we still lost because A) we're just not good enough and B) Celtic guards could get penetration leading to easy shots (60 paint points) and we can't get any.
Finestrg

3/4/2016  10:15 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:I cant believe we are in the lottery again....with no pick

Unreal, right? WOW..

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/4/2016  10:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Finestrg wrote:One or two possession before the last play -- RoLo holding the ball in the post, looking, looking holding, holding, holding....TAKE THE FUCKING SHOT, MAN!!! Back your guy down and use that hook shot!! Everybody was GASSED!!! He's a good player but man is he slow and unselfish to a fault in that post sometimes. WOW. TAKE THE SHOT!! Winds up waiting, waiting, waiting...then airballs a hook shot with the clock running out. Nobody cut, nobody sprung open, nobody did ****!!! Gotta look to score the ball there, RoLo. Come on.

He got the ball with the shot clock running down. You know why? Earlier in the possession Jose tried to back down and post up Thomas and failed badly, swung the ball around and got it to Rolo with about 5 seconds left. He should NOT have the ball there--especially in key possessions. Our pg can't get penetration and the triangle blows when you need a shot. It led to Rolo getting the ball with nothing to do with it.

He got it with less than 7 seconds on the clock. I think Clyde was right. You go to Melo there. Ridiculously poor play down the stretch.

It seemed like more time than that regardless, he missed an open cutter in the plane. You can't run the triangle without good passers an d right now the Knicks only have two.

StarksEwing1

3/4/2016  10:16 PM
Finestrg wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I cant believe we are in the lottery again....with no pick

Unreal, right? WOW..

not surprising though. Look at all the terrible decisions we have made in 15 years. Drafting KP was the one good move
SocraticBallin22

3/4/2016  10:17 PM
Reality Check: If I Thomas was our starting point guard with the same exact team (replacing Calderon), we would be a lock playoff team and probably win close to 50 games. Fact.
Finestrg

3/4/2016  10:18 PM
We need a new coach, no doubt, but I want a drastic upgrade in personnel. We need everything. Faster players, more dynamic players, starters, sustainers, closers, guys that wanna step up and want the ball in the end, guys that demand the ball. I mean I can't believe they lost this game. The Celtics were giving this ****ing game away, man.
StarksEwing1

3/4/2016  10:19 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Reality Check: If I Thomas was our starting point guard with the same exact team (replacing Calderon), we would be a lock playoff team and probably win close to 50 games. Fact.
that tyson chandler trade sucked
SocraticBallin22

3/4/2016  10:21 PM
Finestrg wrote:We need a new coach, no doubt, but I want a drastic upgrade in personnel. We need everything. Faster players, more dynamic players, starters, sustainers, closers, guys that wanna step up and want the ball in the end, guys that demand the ball. I mean I can't believe they lost this game. The Celtics were giving this ****ing game away, man.

Our guards suck badly; That's why we lost. And we will continue to lose just like this until we get a point guard.

Finestrg

3/4/2016  10:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2016  10:23 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Reality Check: If I Thomas was our starting point guard with the same exact team (replacing Calderon), we would be a lock playoff team and probably win close to 50 games. Fact.

Agree. Calderon is terrible. TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck a dime or a nickel---if I had a penny every time Thomas, Bradley Smart etc. beat this guy to the basket tonight... Then on that one play where he got beat for the score--he was upset there was no help?? F the Goddamn help. Dig in and stop your guy. They were running Jose right outta the gym tonight. It was sickening to watch. Someone post that picture of Jose in Toronto saying "right this way, senor!" That always makes me laugh...I need a laugh.

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/4/2016  10:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2016  10:23 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:You know what's mind boggling? Celtics couldn't buy an outside shot all game long. They probably can't shoot worse if they tried. And all our players had relatively good games and we still lost because A) we're just not good enough and B) Celtic guards could get penetration leading to easy shots (60 paint points) and we can't get any.

dude, it has nothing to do with the roster, ISIAH has been playing that way against every guard in the league, he's having a really good yr, and it ain't because he's facing the knick guards every night.

We have enough talent, we just have bull sht directions.

They had no play set for the last 3 seconds on the clock, just a heave like it was practice, but clearly it's something they don't practice, lack of preparation.

Brad steven calls timeout, he's team came out end execute a perfect play, RAMBUST calls time out, and his team comes out like the coach didn't say sht

ES
StarksEwing1

3/4/2016  10:25 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:You know what's mind boggling? Celtics couldn't buy an outside shot all game long. They probably can't shoot worse if they tried. And all our players had relatively good games and we still lost because A) we're just not good enough and B) Celtic guards could get penetration leading to easy shots (60 paint points) and we can't get any.

dude, it has nothing to do with the roster, ISIAH has been playing that way against every guard in the league, he's having a really good yr, and it ain't because he's facing the knick guards every night.

They had no play set for the last 3 seconds on the clock, just a heave like it was practice, but clearly it's something they don't practice, lack of preparation.

Brad steven calls timeout, he's team came out end execute a perfect play, RAMBUST calls time out, and his team comes out like the coach didn't say sht

we dont have enough talent and we have ****ty coaches
Finestrg

3/4/2016  10:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2016  10:27 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Finestrg wrote:We need a new coach, no doubt, but I want a drastic upgrade in personnel. We need everything. Faster players, more dynamic players, starters, sustainers, closers, guys that wanna step up and want the ball in the end, guys that demand the ball. I mean I can't believe they lost this game. The Celtics were giving this ****ing game away, man.

Our guards suck badly; That's why we lost. And we will continue to lose just like this until we get a point guard.

OMG. So bad, bro. Our guards are high school JV quality, not even varsity. Galloway played pretty well I guess but he's a low-grade support player. We need much better guard play than anything he's capable of...Afflalo played OK too but no offense in the end when we needed it. They don't even know how to use Afflalo properly anyway, how to get the best out of him...The whole thing's a hot mess!!!

Finestrg

3/4/2016  10:28 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

That sums it up.

SocraticBallin22

3/4/2016  10:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2016  10:31 PM
Finestrg wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

OMG. So bad, bro. Our guards are high school JV quality, not even varsity. Galloway played pretty well I guess but he's a low-grade support player. We need much better guard play than anything he's capable of...Afflalo played OK too but no offense in the end when we needed it. They don't even know how to use Afflalo properly anyway, how to get the best out of him...The whole thing's a hot mess!!!

None of our guards can penetrate and get in the lane leading to easy buckets. Did you see the Celtics? Thomas, Bradley and E. Turner can all get penetration (beat their man off the dribble) and get to the basket (60 paint points). None of our guards can get penetration except for Grant and he never plays. Our guards suck. You need penetrating guards to win in the NBA. Period.

SocraticBallin22

3/4/2016  10:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2016  10:32 PM
Finestrg wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

That sums it up.

Our coaching sucks. No argument here. Ramblow got outcoached by Stevens last 5 minutes. BUT the problem is our guard play being terrible and no dribble penetration from them leading to high percentage shots.

SocraticBallin22

3/4/2016  10:33 PM
Finestrg wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

Jose is barely a backup pg in the league anymore and he played 40 minutes; it's a joke.

Finestrg

3/4/2016  10:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2016  10:41 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

Just can't understand hearing Rambis saying something like "Jimmer won't displace any of the guards we currently have in place" when he first got called up. I mean he told us he wasn't gonna get a shot before he even walked through the door..and he didn't. Then called him a "fierce competitor" at the end of his contract. LOL..."Won't displace anyone." SMH...Where in the world does that come from??? Kurt, boobie, your guards suck, buddy. It's the worst backcourt in the league by far...How is there no urgency to go out and add a player? Indiana can cut a Chase Budinger to add Ty Lawson, but we can't cut Sasha Vujacic or Lou Amundson to add someone?? What am I saying? We have an open spot!! I just don't get the logic, the lack of urgency (even to use the last 20 games to find out about a player or 2 for next year), the loyalty to a fault to rotten players. It's mind-boggling.

Boston tonight, anyone watching?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy