[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rodney White wants to come here too...
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/27/2004  5:35 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

...and I guess this team doesn't need Rodney, unless Zeke loves him and already has plans to ship Timmy Thomas (for Shareef?)...

Sheez why you doing that to me?
TT would fit well over there....

Man could you imagine if the Knicks get Crawford and still have enough to get Walker then squeeze out Shareef from the Blazers?

Shareef
Walker
Nazr
Marbs
Crawford

That is freakin awesome.....
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/27/2004  6:26 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by crzymdups:

...and I guess this team doesn't need Rodney, unless Zeke loves him and already has plans to ship Timmy Thomas (for Shareef?)...

Sheez why you doing that to me?
TT would fit well over there....

Man could you imagine if the Knicks get Crawford and still have enough to get Walker then squeeze out Shareef from the Blazers?

Shareef
Walker
Nazr
Marbs
Crawford

That is freakin awesome.....

You don't need 4 20+ per game scorers; I'd rather have 2 or 3 good scorers surrounded by very good defensive players.
rain
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #353
USA
7/27/2004  6:57 PM
Agree with Bonn. I'd rather have Dampier than either Walker or Shareef. I'd rather have Rodney White than either of them as well. Walker has holes in his game, Shareef is player that won't age well.. and his defense is questionable. Marbury, Houston, Crawford, Thomas, and Sweetney will get us enough points. We need blocked shots, rebounds, and length.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/27/2004  9:08 PM
If I remember well, Shareef has played SF sometime in his career, right? Now, I don't know his age, so I don't know if he is younger than Tim Thomas but, if Shareef could come here and play SF, would you prefer him over Tim?

[Edited by - KnicksFan on 07/27/2004 21:09:24]
Knicks_Fan
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
7/27/2004  9:21 PM
Its been reported that Reef wants out of Portland because he does not want to play the SF position, and would rather play at PF.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Bonn1997
USA
7/27/2004  9:22 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:

If I remember well, Shareef has played SF sometime in his career, right? Now, I don't know his age, so I don't know if he is younger than Tim Thomas but, if Shareef could come here and play SF, would you prefer him over Tim?

[Edited by - KnicksFan on 07/27/2004 21:09:24]
He's too slow to guard SFs and he's said he doesn't want to play SF. I'd rather have TT, although Abdur-Raim's expiring contract is tempting
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/27/2004  10:27 PM
I agree with Bonn, that one more scorer is a good thing, but every move we make, doesn't have to be one to get a scorer. We already have Steph, Houston, Penny, TT, possibly Sweetney, and even KT. We need to bring in guys that can gel nicely with the guys we already have. I don't love Crawford, but he would be a nice asset coming off the bench while Houston is around, and when he's gone, he'll be a nice starter for us. WE DO need defensive minded players though. Could Tevor Ariza be that kind of player for us, in the future? I see why not, if he works hard. I'd like to say the same thing about DerMarr, but I am no longer sure if he's going to even be in a Knicks uniform.

And we also need players who can share the rock. Dallas didn't lose b/c of Walker last year. They lost, b/c they basically had the same type of guys playing in their SL.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Allanfan20
USA
7/27/2004  10:28 PM
BTW, I want nothing to do with Softy Rahim. I like Tim Thomas a lot better, b/c he is more athletic, and can hit a clutch shot. If he gets his head into things, he can be much more valueable than 'Reef.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Knicksfan
USA
7/27/2004  10:38 PM
Posted by Andrew:

Its been reported that Reef wants out of Portland because he does not want to play the SF position, and would rather play at PF.

Posted by Bonn1997:

He's too slow to guard SFs and he's said he doesn't want to play SF. I'd rather have TT, although Abdur-Raim's expiring contract is tempting

Ohhh ok. I just remembered that he played it but I didn't know he disliked playing SF. I don't know much about him since he left the Grizzlies. Thanks for the info.
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
7/27/2004  10:39 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

BTW, I want nothing to do with Softy Rahim. I like Tim Thomas a lot better, b/c he is more athletic, and can hit a clutch shot. If he gets his head into things, he can be much more valueable than 'Reef.

True.
Knicks_Fan
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/27/2004  11:00 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by Allanfan20:

True.

Wha?! I just don't understand all of the love for TT. He hasn't done anything in all the years he's been in the league, except for a couple of games in a playoff series like 4 years ago, the series that got him his max contract.

I'm still a little confused about TT does well. SAR is a proven scorer/rebounder. He's somewhere along the lines of a 19ppg/9rpg player over his career. TT has never averaged 15ppg or 5rpg in any season, let alone his career.

I just don't see how TT's amazing physical talents/athleticism have amounted to anything--- he's not an exceptional defender (steals or blocks, or simply keeping in front of his man!) nor does he use it to rebound or provide a presence in the paint.

In short, there's no doubt in my mind that I'd rather have SAR than TT.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Bonn1997
USA
7/27/2004  11:11 PM
Posted by technomaster:
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by Allanfan20:

True.

Wha?! I just don't understand all of the love for TT. He hasn't done anything in all the years he's been in the league, except for a couple of games in a playoff series like 4 years ago, the series that got him his max contract.

I'm still a little confused about TT does well. SAR is a proven scorer/rebounder. He's somewhere along the lines of a 19ppg/9rpg player over his career. TT has never averaged 15ppg or 5rpg in any season, let alone his career.

I just don't see how TT's amazing physical talents/athleticism have amounted to anything--- he's not an exceptional defender (steals or blocks, or simply keeping in front of his man!) nor does he use it to rebound or provide a presence in the paint.

Charles Smith was a 20/10 player on the Clippers at one point; you can't just blindly look at #s, especially when a player is putting up those #s and is ALWAYS on a lottery team. Shareef is a better rebounder than TT; that's the only advantage he has. TT is a better pressure player, has helped teams make it to the playoffs and win playoff games, and is a much better (or much less bad) defender
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/27/2004  11:15 PM

Lets talk about the same thing every 2 months, then regurgitate it again and again. Then argue again.

We running out of topics'

Ooooow, I got one:

Layden sucks! yeah he really did bad. He got Eisley.....and that houstan contract! wow, and Fatspoon signing! How ya top that? I know, Shandons contract!

Knicksfan
USA
7/27/2004  11:29 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Lets talk about the same thing every 2 months, then regurgitate it again and again. Then argue again.

We running out of topics'

Ooooow, I got one:

Layden sucks! yeah he really did bad. He got Eisley.....and that houstan contract! wow, and Fatspoon signing! How ya top that? I know, Shandons contract!

LOL, again. What else can I say or talk about?

[Edited by - KnicksFan on 07/27/2004 23:34:49]
Knicks_Fan
RonRon
Member: #246
7/27/2004  11:36 PM
shareef would take a big chunk of sweetneys minutes, slowing his development and i dont even like his game. He puts up great stats, hes a great freethrow shooter and can sometimes get there a lot.

We dont even have a staring center thats worthy of starting and we are worry about allan houstons replacement if out. And why cant houston play 20-27min a game? What is frank williams, penny, ariza for? While I agree we might need another SG, I dont think it should be a #1 priority.

If I was IT i would actually think about starting tim thomas as a SG. He really is quite big and athletic. He can perhaps be our
be out 6foot9 SG, our version of mgrady. Im sure he can use his size to his advantage. I would think about a sf who can play defense.

Eric Williams would be a nice player for a 3 year deal. He can play decent defense, is very strong, and can even provide a small post presense because hes quite big and atheltic for SF.

I still believe what we need is a defensive center.

Dampier would be my first choice even at 10mill 6 years....
although, he will be overpayed....thats the nature of the business. We are already 100mill overpay, we have to atleast try to compete for a ring. And this is the position we need to greatly improve.

I couldnt stand watching how the knicks get abused virtually by every center and big man in the league.

Keon Clark is my next choice but I would only give him at most...a max 3 year midlevel except/

Hes coming back from injury
Allanfan20
USA
7/28/2004  3:09 AM
Posted by technomaster:
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by Allanfan20:

True.

Oh believe me, I've been TTs biggest critic. I just cannot stand for his attitude, and he is sooooo inconsistent. BUT, he has more potential that 'Reef, and his athleticism is sick at times. He should be putting up similar #s to Keith Van Horn. You know, 18/8. That's more respectable than his 15, 16/5.

However, Rahim is a soft player, and apparently, can't play in clutch situations. I've seen TT hit a few clutch shots, and doesn't get disturned at the FT line.

[Edited by - Allanfan20 on 07/28/2004 03:10:51]
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/28/2004  4:29 AM
I still don't understand why we're discussing of a guy that can't shoot, can'"t defend and has showed more than enough lapses in offense and defense as weel when we clearly don't have a roster space to offer him.

last time i checked our roster, we already had :
marb, frank, moochie, houston, ariza, shandon, penny, TT playing outside.

So where would White fit in ?
Bonn1997
USA
7/28/2004  9:12 AM
Posted by raven:

I still don't understand why we're discussing of a guy that can't shoot, can'"t defend and has showed more than enough lapses in offense and defense as weel when we clearly don't have a roster space to offer him.

last time i checked our roster, we already had :
marb, frank, moochie, houston, ariza, shandon, penny, TT playing outside.

So where would White fit in ?
If we don't get Crawford (and assuming Houston's out), White becomes the 2nd best SG and 3rd SF on the team and will replace Penny in 11 months when Penny's expiring contract is traded (and TT's might be too). We could have desperately used a good scorer like him to punish the Nets when they trapped Marbury in the playoffs.
Rodney White wants to come here too...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy