[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rodney White wants to come here too...
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
7/27/2004  8:15 AM
According to the Daily News, Rodney wants the Knicks or the Kings.

I like this kid. He's young, athletic and can shoot. His unfortunate PUKING incident in 2002-3 (at MSG no less) should be forgotten. If the Knicks offer him a starting salary of anything over like $2.5 million, I don't think the Nuggets have the cap room to match. If the Knicks can't get Antoine Walker, this guy probably makes more sense anyway. He could be a possible starting SF if the need to trade Tim Thomas arises. He's fast and can fill the wing on the break. He needs some development, but Mark Aguirre has shown he's one of the best at developing big guys. And this is a young, athletic big guy we can get cheap.
¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/27/2004  8:33 AM
If E-Rob and JYD come here and we still have Penny to go along with Ariza and TT, do we really need a sixth SF? If the Crawford deal does happen, I'd prefer to use the MLE on big guys (PF/Cs like Baker and Keon Clark or Gadzuric)
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
7/27/2004  8:39 AM
MOst Knicks fans continue to make the same mistakes over and over again. We have needs that we have to take care off, and they are definitely not at the SF position. Why not concentrate at the spots that truly need help????? I.E. SG, PF/Center.
The true Knickabocker..........
Bonn1997
USA
7/27/2004  8:44 AM
Posted by diderotn:

MOst Knicks fans continue to make the same mistakes over and over again. We have needs that we have to take care off, and they are definitely not at the SF position. Why not concentrate at the spots that truly need help????? I.E. SG, PF/Center.
Actually, I think the Knicks could use an upgrade everywhere except PG. Can't White play SG also anyway? (i'd still prefer to get Jamal obviously)
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
7/27/2004  9:31 AM
I ,like White, but no way if we get Jamal...are we trying to set a league record for swingmen on a roster?
~You can't run from who you are.~
Bonn1997
USA
7/27/2004  9:36 AM
Posted by joec32033:

I ,like White, but no way if we get Jamal...are we trying to set a league record for swingmen on a roster?
I agee; and I want there to be enough room for Ariza to get some playing time
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
7/27/2004  9:39 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by joec32033:

if we get craw i doubt ariza will get time, maybe a few junk minutes

at the 2 they will play houston and craw and even some marbury. at the 3 they have TT, Penny and now erob. i think they are going to treat him like a high school draftee and start playing him more next year
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
Bonn1997
USA
7/27/2004  9:43 AM
Posted by nyballer:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by joec32033:

if we get craw i doubt ariza will get time, maybe a few junk minutes

at the 2 they will play houston and craw and even some marbury. at the 3 they have TT, Penny and now erob. i think they are going to treat him like a high school draftee and start playing him more next year
A few garbage minutes would be fine considering how young he is. I just want there to be enough roster space so that he doesn't spend the full season on the IR
crzymdups
USA
7/27/2004  9:55 AM
I like Rodney. I agree the roster is overloaded with SF types, but you have to remember, Isiah will be shoppnig Penny and Tim at the deadline and next summer.

If the Crawford deal comes through, i'd prefer to offer the MLE to Damps. Once he turns it down, fine, then go after Keon Clark (a Lenny fave), Gadzuric, and maybe split it with Rodney? Why not.

Isiah is trying to get Baker to sign the 1.6 mill LLE, and with Cleveland getting Gooden, there may not be any real competition at this point. I would cry if Baker gets $3 mill of the MLE.
¿ △ ?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/27/2004  10:03 AM
I think Rodney would be a good addition, the problem is the roster doesnt make sense. Its just a timing issue. Hopefully the Bulls deal (Isiah just went to Chi) is a 4 for 3 type deal, but that still doesnt leave much space. Why sign Rodney to sit on IR all year?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/27/2004  10:11 AM
i agree w/Bonn...if the JC trade goes down, then the Knicks should use the MLE to shore up their frontcourt only...we won't need to use the MLE on Rodney White when we would already have Tim Thomas, Penny Hardaway, Eddie Robinson, Jerome Williams, Trevor Ariza & possibly DerMarr Johnson...how many SF's do you need for crying out loud?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
7/27/2004  10:13 AM
Hey at leat their big enough to play the position...the "other guy" ws signing 6-4 PF's!...
~You can't run from who you are.~
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/27/2004  11:40 AM
I'm annoyed with this Crawford trade rumors....

Isiah needs to come back from Chicago stashed in his duffle bag or something.

Eddie Robinson is crazy athletic......I seen him run the floor, recieve a pass on the break take one step and jump from almost the foul line and bang it...he was great in Charlotte....what the heck happened in Chicago?

I wouldn't mind JYD cuz at the very least he can provide energy, defense and jokes in the locker room.

As far as Rodney White......after saying all that and adding Penny Ariza and Timmy to the equation......if Rodney wants to be a Knick....sign the kid.....Penny will be off the books next season, Houston is on the downside, Timmy can always be traded.....

Rodney is around the years when players turn that corner to production. Sign the dude and then force the best plaer to earn the minutes in pratice....

Nothing wrong with competition....make the traditionally lazy Knicks work if they wanna play.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bonn1997
USA
7/27/2004  12:01 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

I'm annoyed with this Crawford trade rumors....

Isiah needs to come back from Chicago stashed in his duffle bag or something.

Eddie Robinson is crazy athletic......I seen him run the floor, recieve a pass on the break take one step and jump from almost the foul line and bang it...he was great in Charlotte....what the heck happened in Chicago?

I wouldn't mind JYD cuz at the very least he can provide energy, defense and jokes in the locker room.

As far as Rodney White......after saying all that and adding Penny Ariza and Timmy to the equation......if Rodney wants to be a Knick....sign the kid.....Penny will be off the books next season, Houston is on the downside, Timmy can always be traded.....

Rodney is around the years when players turn that corner to production. Sign the dude and then force the best plaer to earn the minutes in pratice....

Nothing wrong with competition....make the traditionally lazy Knicks work if they wanna play.
If we had unlimited roster spots and more than just the LLE and MLE, I'd agree with you. But with those considerations, we should not be spending the MLE on an SF (assuming we get Crawford); we don't need a 6th SF as badly as we need one center
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/27/2004  12:09 PM
Weren't we talking about stockpiling talent just recently? If there are no frontcourt players available for the MLE, and the Jamal trade doesn't work, then Rodney White could definitely be a good option, especially if we do eventually trade Penny and/or TT, b/c they are entering their walk years, next season.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Bonn1997
USA
7/27/2004  2:09 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Weren't we talking about stockpiling talent just recently? If there are no frontcourt players available for the MLE, and the Jamal trade doesn't work, then Rodney White could definitely be a good option
I agree 100% (although I'd still rank Darius Miles ahead of Rodney White)
RonRon
Member: #246
7/27/2004  2:35 PM
Most importantly, FW is not near developed yet. In order to develop him we are going to have to give him minutes, something we cant give much with marbary as our starting 1
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/27/2004  2:42 PM
I dont consider it stockpiling talent if none of them can play. Layden stockpiled PF and guards for 5 years.

Most guys dont have much value if you never see them play or their on IR for the year.

Getting this Crawford deal is looking better and better, Especially is we can dump Shandon. At least ERobb has some upside if we can get him straightened out. Jerome is a nice bench player on any team and he can play both forward spots and defend both.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
USA
7/27/2004  3:23 PM
I think Rodney is like Plan D at this point.

If Jamal falls through, if Damps goes somewhere else, and if Walker doesn't come here (though if we don't get Jamal, I can't imagine Isiah passing on Walker)...

At this point, I would shocked if they didn't get Jamal OR Antoine, and I would more shocked if they got both. I would probably have a heart attack if they got Dampier.
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
7/27/2004  3:26 PM
...and I guess this team doesn't need Rodney, unless Zeke loves him and already has plans to ship Timmy Thomas (for Shareef?)...
¿ △ ?
Rodney White wants to come here too...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy