Jamal update
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
7/28/2004  9:45 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

The Bulls will match an MLE deal if we give Crawford one. (In fact, they already offered him a 6 yr 38 mil contract),

If the Bulls want Dikembe instead of Moochie, we should gift wrap Dikembe and thank them for allowing us to rob them

Structuring the contract like I said may make the Bulls balk....you think they would want to give Craw 30 mins with Kirk, Duhon, and Gordon?
~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/28/2004  9:52 AM
i just want to get rid of Shandon's contract if we're going to take on those of JYD & ERob's in the deal...

how about this as an alternate proposal?:

TT, Shandon, Frank & Harrington for JC, JYD, ERob & Pippen...i would happily do this trade if the next trade were possible:
Deke, Pippen & Nazr for Dampier & Eschmeyer.

C - Dampier / Baker
PF - KT / Sweetney / JYD
SF - Penny / ERob
SG - Houston / DerMarr or Ariza
PG - Marbury / Crawford / Moochie
IR - Eschmeyer / Ariza or DerMarr

thoughts?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/28/2004  10:02 AM
again.. why must we do anything? Where is the harm in letting the current nucleus get some time to play together, UNLESS you think guys like KT will have less value at the deadline than they do now. Expiring contracts always rule the deadline deals... having $10mm worth of them isnt a bad thing to have.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/28/2004  10:05 AM
TMS.. I dont like it. I dont want to move TT. People harp about his #s all day but he plays winning basketball and he's a solid crunchtime player. Be patient w/ him.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/28/2004  10:18 AM
man, every one of these tabloids are saying isiah is desperate to make a deal. and some of the posters are like, fine, screw it, give them deke also. maybe isiah isn't that desperate? maybe he knows what he's doing and he's not going to give away all his chips in this deal? maybe h20 is better off than many people think? and maybe, just maybe, he really IS happy with this team and would like to see what it could do.

i think crawford is the exact type of player we need to pick up but i also know that it comes with alot of baggage. i still think it's a good deal with deke b/c we get the best player in crawford and a great bench guy in jyd while shedding useless players. but maybe isiah wants deke for another deal. there are alot of things we have NO CLUE about but things happen or don't happen for a reason. we just need to put faith in isiah and not get frustrated if nothing gets done. that's what these "journalists" are doing and all they spew out is a bunch of crap every single day...
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/28/2004  10:35 AM
Posted by fishmike:

again.. why must we do anything? Where is the harm in letting the current nucleus get some time to play together, UNLESS you think guys like KT will have less value at the deadline than they do now. Expiring contracts always rule the deadline deals... having $10mm worth of them isnt a bad thing to have.

It's not that we HAVE to do anything; it's that I would LOVE to get a talented young combo guard like Jamal while giving up only players who are not part of the team's future and probably not even part of the team this next season. Dikembe's, Othella's, and Trybanski's expiring contracts probably won't get you a better player than Jamal even at the deadline. (Also, you have to realize thst having three expiring contracts worth $10 mil is not nearly as good as one worth $10 mil--because they take up three roster spots on the team they're traded to.)
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/28/2004  10:51 AM
Posted by fishmike:

TMS.. I dont like it. I dont want to move TT. People harp about his #s all day but he plays winning basketball and he's a solid crunchtime player. Be patient w/ him.

good point and that is why you don't see IT trying to trade TT.. TT just turned 27, he is at the point in his career where he can have that breakout year, and if that happens the knicks would be a much better team, maybe even a east contender...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
7/28/2004  11:01 AM
As usual good point TKF. I would like to add, that what IT is doing is creating a YOUNG nucleus of players that CAN get better year after year in hopes of getting to the point where we only need 1 player in a year or two.

Marbs 27
Crawford 23
Sweets 23
TT 27
NAzr <30
Ariza 19
FWill 23

Damps is 30

If you get this team out there, you can have a team of legit players ALL UNDER 30!!! Then you add veteran leadership at key spots and all of a sudden you have a team that can improve each year for a 5 year window and can compete for the title.

This is what IT is trying to do, ultimately. His goal is to get young and athletic.
mikesknicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #684
USA
7/28/2004  11:11 AM
THANK YOU Fishmike
I would love to see all of these unemployment posters who want to get rid of TT for one mistake(although i have no problem with him calling his team out) if the first time they made a mistake on there job they got CANNED. Lay off TT already.
In the Knick of time. Knickal for Your thoughts.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/28/2004  12:02 PM
Posted by fishmike:

you wouldn't move TT if it paved the way for the Knicks to get Dampier? i would only do that trade i proposed if GS would agree to the 2nd one...otherwise, i would just do the original trade for JC including Deke & the other expiring contracts w/Shandon.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Jamal update

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy