NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/29/2016  9:33 AM
crzymdups wrote:
Kemet wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Kemet wrote:Ko"Quinn n Serafin seen no minutes against Whiteside n a missing Bosh
Grant seen 11 minute of spot time with a missing Afflalo in the rotation
u wouldve thought Rambis wouldve assign D.Will to outscore J.Johnson
Melo's 9-24 shooting took his teammates out of the offense

Did force a bit but had several misses going strong to the basket. Just no legs to finish. Specially playing 40 plus and asked to be point guard, leading rebounder and assist guy. Maybe he should have passed it a bit more to his sharp shooting back court. Your right about KO though. Curious why he was kept out. And Grant has to play more minutes today. Cant be worse than Gallo.

Melo got angry in the 2nd qtr. and never got into the game or back on defense, plus Melo takes the ball out of our PG hands to make consistent bad passes or miss shots .. Lance Thomas was hot as a fire cracker in the 3rd qtr., and Melo act like Lance didnt exist on the court in the 4th qtr..
Rambis says he knew the Heat has been averaging 60 points in the paint, yet Rambis DNP our big-body players O'Quinn n Seraphin, plus Rambis gave KP little to no playing time in the 3rd qtr. when we needed KP blocks for stops.

KP got his 4th foul 3 minutes in the third quarter and was -20 at the time. He had a terrible game. I love KP, but he had a terrible game.

I must have been watching a different game or I am looking at KP like a Dad but I thought KP played pretty well. He really needs somebody to give him the ball at the right spots. The only player that can do that in our roster is Melo. Calderon, Galloway, Grant, Sasha or Afflalo can't do this. RoLo keeps getting these looks mid-range....there is no reason KP can't get those same looks.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/29/2016  10:49 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Let's go heat at msg?

That crap was just straight embarrassing.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
2/29/2016  11:06 AM
mreinman wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Yeah but RoLO and KP were Phil's only main assets to utilize. You get major impact when you have major assets to work with. A 4 year 50 million contract being given to a free agent is a major move/asset. A 4th pick in a lottery is a major asset to work with/used.

The rest of the roster is literally filled out with backups/disposed role players from other teams. I can't actually believe people think this is Phil's primary team or plan A team. There are still major assets to be used. One could be a Melo trade, the other is free agency in 2016 and 2017.

Rolo was a good signing but KP was not that big of a deal. Its not like he reached and landed. KP was at 4 of 70% of the mocks. Every other move was absolute trash. Lets see what else he got.

trash the triangle and hire the best available coach and then perhaps he will have a betting (re)starting point.

This is a hard statement to either prove that KP fell into Phil's lap or that Phil was smart and would have taken KP #1 or #2 given a different situation. Gaines has made it clear throughout the process that KP would have been his #1 pick and surely Phil would have at least considered him there or at #2.

There was also a TON of pressure to take a kid who was more ready than KP, especially regarding have a win-now mode ala Melo.

You like the move, you don't think that Phil made a move, regardless, the Knicks have a franchise potential talent. Lakers, Philly don't.

martin
USA
2/29/2016  11:10 AM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Clean wrote:I find it funny Rambis always talks about Jimmer with disdain but he plays Jose and Sasha without noticing the irony. I am not sure if Rambis is an upgrade over Fisher. I would have rather ride out the season with Fisher and then try to get an actual good coach.

Phil thought the problem was that Fisher wasn't running enough Triangle. Turns out Rambis running more Triangle makes them far worse.

Fisher had the team on a 8 losses out of 9 games run. That's 1-8 in his last 9. Rambis has gone 2-5. We're in a major rut. Fisher was not getting them out of it. Neither will Rambis. However I have seen some improvements since Rambis came in. If nothing else, the rotation. He runs a much cleaner, consistent rotation. Not on Rambis guys on this team can not make good looks on a consistent basis, that he doesn't have a point guard that can create offense at a high level or that he's got many many bad defenders. That's all part of re-building.

Regardless, I don't think Phil ever said Rambis was brought in to get the team into the playoffs. I think he made it clear it was to improve the type of style they were playing and to improve the habits. In a few games we saw this. In 2 games - no (Raptors, Heat). I will say, you talk about Fish as if he did a great job. His Knicks also lost to Miami twice in November - averaging 78 points. While Fisher may have run less Triangle - it's not like he didn't run the Triangle at all. This team is what it is, holes and all. The major difference in Fisher and Rambis is that Rambis is more consistent with strategy, rotations and what he tells players. He's getting the team to practice together instead of individually. He's focused on giving the right feedback to Porzingis. This is a re-build throw a way year. No championships are going to be won. I have little problem with Rambis. This coming from a big KP fan, so saw him play only 20 minutes tonight.

Don't waste your breath nyknickzingis, after a loss it's the usual feeding frenzy from guys that live for this BS. I'm done with this crap! Let them have their fun stroking each other with negativity.

Nix maybe you missed this Rambis quote.

I am not negative unless there is cause to be. There is cause to be. The offense is not right for the roster. The coach is not right for the roster or the offense.

the GM / president ain't right either. He may have been a good coach though just like jordan was a good player and a bad exec.

I agree. He's done a bad job. The KP pick was a god send. Rolo signing was solid. Everything else...

I think this is a fair statement. I think Grant for THJr will also pan out very favorably. You take fliers on Seraphin and DWill and see what happens, some times they work out, sometimes they don't. LT has been a surprise but has come down to earth with his shooting. Willy G and the Dleague guys seem decent but unproven stockpile; someone will need to step up.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/29/2016  11:14 AM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Let's go heat at msg?

That crap was just straight embarrassing.

Yup. I almost wished there were Jet fans there when those Heat fans were chanting that.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/29/2016  11:20 AM
Agree with Rambis about sitting O'Quinn. He is an undersized big man, no vertical, probably wouldnt have done much against their bigs. Dont get Sasha getting those minutes in the second half. I would have preferred to see Grant come back and share the backcourt with Calderon. See how it works for a few games.

Also believe both coaches this season have been too worried about KP and foul trouble. Would rather he was out there learning to balance playing hard and staying on the court with foul trouble.

I believe part of KP's reluctance to play in the paint is having his legs taken out from under him, getting hurt. One drive KP was driving to the rim and his defender stepped into the lane,but he was still far away enough to make an adjustment. That slight move by his defender really flustered KP and he ended up traveling, which wasn't called. At 7'3, cant blame him about being concerned about injuries, once KP finds a comfort zone in the paint he will be ok. Im sure we will see a bunch of new post moves next season.

We have less than a one percent chance of making the playoffs now. This is the time to be giving Grant all the PT he can handle, at SG if necessary. Get him through his rookie jitters which have been considerable at times. Not to mention there is no point in running Melo into the ground, especially if you are considering a trade (with his approval)

Overall still seeing too much tinkering from Rambis, its a big part of what sunk Fisher. Really dont want to go through this again with another Triangle coach, and the yearly calls for patience while we tread water.

crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/29/2016  11:33 AM
martin wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Clean wrote:I find it funny Rambis always talks about Jimmer with disdain but he plays Jose and Sasha without noticing the irony. I am not sure if Rambis is an upgrade over Fisher. I would have rather ride out the season with Fisher and then try to get an actual good coach.

Phil thought the problem was that Fisher wasn't running enough Triangle. Turns out Rambis running more Triangle makes them far worse.

Fisher had the team on a 8 losses out of 9 games run. That's 1-8 in his last 9. Rambis has gone 2-5. We're in a major rut. Fisher was not getting them out of it. Neither will Rambis. However I have seen some improvements since Rambis came in. If nothing else, the rotation. He runs a much cleaner, consistent rotation. Not on Rambis guys on this team can not make good looks on a consistent basis, that he doesn't have a point guard that can create offense at a high level or that he's got many many bad defenders. That's all part of re-building.

Regardless, I don't think Phil ever said Rambis was brought in to get the team into the playoffs. I think he made it clear it was to improve the type of style they were playing and to improve the habits. In a few games we saw this. In 2 games - no (Raptors, Heat). I will say, you talk about Fish as if he did a great job. His Knicks also lost to Miami twice in November - averaging 78 points. While Fisher may have run less Triangle - it's not like he didn't run the Triangle at all. This team is what it is, holes and all. The major difference in Fisher and Rambis is that Rambis is more consistent with strategy, rotations and what he tells players. He's getting the team to practice together instead of individually. He's focused on giving the right feedback to Porzingis. This is a re-build throw a way year. No championships are going to be won. I have little problem with Rambis. This coming from a big KP fan, so saw him play only 20 minutes tonight.

Don't waste your breath nyknickzingis, after a loss it's the usual feeding frenzy from guys that live for this BS. I'm done with this crap! Let them have their fun stroking each other with negativity.

Nix maybe you missed this Rambis quote.

I am not negative unless there is cause to be. There is cause to be. The offense is not right for the roster. The coach is not right for the roster or the offense.

the GM / president ain't right either. He may have been a good coach though just like jordan was a good player and a bad exec.

I agree. He's done a bad job. The KP pick was a god send. Rolo signing was solid. Everything else...

I think this is a fair statement. I think Grant for THJr will also pan out very favorably. You take fliers on Seraphin and DWill and see what happens, some times they work out, sometimes they don't. LT has been a surprise but has come down to earth with his shooting. Willy G and the Dleague guys seem decent but unproven stockpile; someone will need to step up.

I was fine with the Afflalo and DWill signings... given the circumstances. Lance and Langston have been solid finds.

But our free agency haul was on the C- level or so because Phil stripped the team completely and didn't get enough value for Tyson, Shump, JR, Felton. He also locked us into Calderon. If we had kept Felton, he'd be coming off the cap this summer. Instead we have another season of Calderon to deal with.

He can have another good summer - it'd be nice to hit a home run with the coach and make at least one great signing. But my faith in him is waning.

I would think you guys know that my stance is to root for the team no matter what - but I can't sit back and be happy about moves that seem terrible. I've hated almost all of Phil's moves, except Rolo and Grant. I was dead wrong about KP and I'm thrilled I was. I just don't have a lot of faith in him now. I hated the Fisher firing. Hate the things he's saying now. Hate not talking to Thibs. I'm glad Phil was at the Garden to hear the "Let's go Heat" chants... I'm sure Mr. Dolan didn't like that too much.

¿ △ ?
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

2/29/2016  11:38 AM
martin wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Yeah but RoLO and KP were Phil's only main assets to utilize. You get major impact when you have major assets to work with. A 4 year 50 million contract being given to a free agent is a major move/asset. A 4th pick in a lottery is a major asset to work with/used.

The rest of the roster is literally filled out with backups/disposed role players from other teams. I can't actually believe people think this is Phil's primary team or plan A team. There are still major assets to be used. One could be a Melo trade, the other is free agency in 2016 and 2017.

Rolo was a good signing but KP was not that big of a deal. Its not like he reached and landed. KP was at 4 of 70% of the mocks. Every other move was absolute trash. Lets see what else he got.

trash the triangle and hire the best available coach and then perhaps he will have a betting (re)starting point.

This is a hard statement to either prove that KP fell into Phil's lap or that Phil was smart and would have taken KP #1 or #2 given a different situation. Gaines has made it clear throughout the process that KP would have been his #1 pick and surely Phil would have at least considered him there or at #2.

There was also a TON of pressure to take a kid who was more ready than KP, especially regarding have a win-now mode ala Melo.

You like the move, you don't think that Phil made a move, regardless, the Knicks have a franchise potential talent. Lakers, Philly don't.

the move was the right move. If phil should get credit for it? we will never know but it was not a reach at all.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
skoonix
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5909

2/29/2016  6:02 PM
These losses just start to blur - I was glad when Phil fired Derek but not happy with Rambis as the fill-in.Anyone else notice when Melo is ice cold, Rambis just keeps him out there? Plus when Melo was on the bench in the recent Pacers game, the team came roaring back and right when we had cut the lead to about 2, Rambis takes most of that unit out and puts back in Melo, who turned over the ball & pretty much sealed the defeat. I'm not a Melo hater but seriously - when is the last time HE personally
came through with a clutch BIG shot to win a game? Ive been a Knicks fan since 1970 and these past years have been mind numbing and depressing.
Miami vs Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy