[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Miami vs Knicks
Author Thread
magicTs
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5564

2/28/2016  10:04 PM
How badly can we now tank? This team is so talentless and ruderless.
AUTOADVERT
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

2/28/2016  10:06 PM
VCoug wrote:Melo played 41 ****ing minutes in this game. This is ****ing ridiculous. We're doing to him what MDA did to Amare his 1st year here.

Agreed. Rambo will continue running him to the ground until the end of the season unless Phil tells him to stop.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Melo's playing this way not due to the Triangle, but due to his physical decline.
It'd also help Melo a ton if he got a guard to do much of what we ask him to do in the screen/roll play. To be the point. We simply lack a guard that can create offense for us. Some are piling on the Triangle, but without the Triangle this team would be even worse. They would be relying on Melo 1 on 1, Jose creating and guards not talented enough to create shots, to create shots on a nightly basis. Sure the stats of the guards would be better, but they wouldn't be playing at a high level.

What this team desperately needs is a guard that can control the ball and take it away from relying heavily on Melo as the 1st option/high usage user, and also to rely less on the Triangle to create shots for the offense. Within that if we get Porzingis to improve his game on offense over the summer, we'll be much better.

I'm not big on giving Conley 20 million a year, but at this point that is what we have to do. The Knicks need a guard that can do all what I mentioned badly. They just can't be fairly evaluated without. Every good team in the league either has a good point guard (or a great one) or a couple of guards that can share the roles of lead playmakers. We got Melo doing that and no one else really.

You can't get past our most glaring need on this roster: a point guard. It starts and ends there.

Does it make you worried that Phil can't tell the difference between Steph Curry and Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf?

Because that terrifies the crap out of me that he can't tell what those guys do differently.

¿ △ ?
Kemet
Member: #6148

Ko"Quinn n Serafin seen no minutes against Whiteside n a missing Bosh
Grant seen 11 minute of spot time with a missing Afflalo in the rotation
u wouldve thought Rambis wouldve assign D.Will to outscore J.Johnson
Melo's 9-24 shooting took his teammates out of the offense
crzymdups
USA
2/28/2016  10:07 PM
Kemet wrote:Ko"Quinn n Serafin seen no minutes against Whiteside n a missing Bosh

Calderon was 0-4 before Melo attempted a single shot.

¿ △ ?
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/28/2016  10:08 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Jose played 40 minutes and Gallo played 35 and they combined to shoot 6-23 from the floor. That's just over 25% from our starting backcourt playing almost the whole game. How does this make any sense?

Meanwhile, Grant played 11 minutes (all 1st half), D Will played 12, KP played only 22 and KOQ got a DNP and we lost the game wire to wire.

Our young players are not going to get any better riding the pine when the playoffs are laughable at this point. Wizards beat Cleveland tonight and Detroit also won; there's no way we are surpassing these teams who are clearly better.

Think in the last 10 games or so when we're eliminated we'll turn to that. It's not like the team is getting a draft pick this year. Trying to win games isn't a bad thing. I actually like what he's doing with both Porzingis and Grant. May be just me but I see better efforts from both Porzingis and Grant since Rambis has coached. He's made it clear to KP he will not accept defensive laziness. He's made it clear to Grant he wants him to run the offense a certain way. Grant looked solid tonight as did he the other night.

The Knicks just really really need a guard who can create offense for the team, take the ball out Melo's hands (lower his usage rate to a 2nd option) and lower the reliance on the Triangle to get good shots. What's lost on many people is that with the brilliance of Kobe or Pippen or guys like that, the championship teams were able to break away from the Triangle and rely on their top playmaking guard to create offense for the teammates and themselves. As good as Melo has tried to be this player, he's not a winning ball player in this role. Next season we need to get a guard who can run the offense the way Melo is currently trying to, to move Melo into a more scoring role (who looks to pass when he gets the ball but basically gets the ball in his strong attacking spots) and hope/pray that Porzingis is better on offense through work in the summer. That's our only hope at having a good season.

Mike Conley would allow us to run the Triangle, but not to the point where we rely on it that much, to push Melo into more of a scoring forward role and make us better on defense as well. I didn't think the guy was worth 20+ million to a NBA team, but we may be the one team he actually is worth all that. I'm fully on board with going all out to get him.

Clean
Member: #743
2/28/2016  10:08 PM
I find it funny Rambis always talks about Jimmer with disdain but he plays Jose and Sasha without noticing the irony. I am not sure if Rambis is an upgrade over Fisher. I would have rather ride out the season with Fisher and then try to get an actual good coach.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/28/2016  10:11 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Jose played 40 minutes and Gallo played 35 and they combined to shoot 6-23 from the floor. That's just over 25% from our starting backcourt playing almost the whole game. How does this make any sense?

Meanwhile, Grant played 11 minutes (all 1st half), D Will played 12, KP played only 22 and KOQ got a DNP and we lost the game wire to wire.

Our young players are not going to get any better riding the pine when the playoffs are laughable at this point. Wizards beat Cleveland tonight and Detroit also won; there's no way we are surpassing these teams who are clearly better.

Yes. Didn't realize KO didn't play. This is some Zen wannabe crap. Not a fan of Grant earlier in the year but have to play him now that we have no shot at the playoffs. Have to invest some time for your 1st round picks. DWILL lack of time was also puzzling. Don't know if it's something he is making a point of that has been stressed to them in practice but you have to let them play. Think Phil and Rambis trying to run Melo to the ground so he quits amd makes an exit in the offseason. You keep him out of practice but play him 40+?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
wh4t
Member: #6039
USA
2/28/2016  10:11 PM
are we there yet
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/28/2016  10:12 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

Think in the last 10 games or so when we're eliminated we'll turn to that. It's not like the team is getting a draft pick this year. Trying to win games isn't a bad thing. I actually like what he's doing with both Porzingis and Grant. May be just me but I see better efforts from both Porzingis and Grant since Rambis has coached. He's made it clear to KP he will not accept defensive laziness. He's made it clear to Grant he wants him to run the offense a certain way. Grant looked solid tonight as did he the other night.

The Knicks just really really need a guard who can create offense for the team, take the ball out Melo's hands (lower his usage rate to a 2nd option) and lower the reliance on the Triangle to get good shots. What's lost on many people is that with the brilliance of Kobe or Pippen or guys like that, the championship teams were able to break away from the Triangle and rely on their top playmaking guard to create offense for the teammates and themselves. As good as Melo has tried to be this player, he's not a winning ball player in this role. Next season we need to get a guard who can run the offense the way Melo is currently trying to, to move Melo into a more scoring role (who looks to pass when he gets the ball but basically gets the ball in his strong attacking spots) and hope/pray that Porzingis is better on offense through work in the summer. That's our only hope at having a good season.

Mike Conley would allow us to run the Triangle, but not to the point where we rely on it that much, to push Melo into more of a scoring forward role and make us better on defense as well. I didn't think the guy was worth 20+ million to a NBA team, but we may be the one team he actually is worth all that. I'm fully on board with going all out to get him.

KP has NEVER been lazy on offense or defense. His motor is pretty nonstop. Now he may get tired but its not a lack of effort
crzymdups
USA
2/28/2016  10:12 PM
Clean wrote:I find it funny Rambis always talks about Jimmer with disdain but he plays Jose and Sasha without noticing the irony. I am not sure if Rambis is an upgrade over Fisher. I would have rather ride out the season with Fisher and then try to get an actual good coach.

Phil thought the problem was that Fisher wasn't running enough Triangle. Turns out Rambis running more Triangle makes them far worse.

I would've rode out the season with Fisher, too. I have a feeling Dolan was involved in the decision to fire Fisher.

But Phil has signed or traded for every single player on this roster - including Melo. He signed him. He has hired every single coach.

This is Phil's creation. Or rather his quest to prove the Triangle is what made him relevent and not MJ, Kobe, Pippen, Shaq.

¿ △ ?
nyknickzingis

2/28/2016  10:14 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

KP has NEVER been lazy on offense or defense. His motor is pretty nonstop. Now he may get tired but its not a lack of effort

I think he was getting a bit accustomed to letting guys get by him on defense towards the end of the Fisher run. He wasn't worried about losing PT. Now he should be and is. I know he's a high motor guy, but you can be a high motor player and also have some bad habits. One of his bad habits was to not use his feet on defense and just rely on his length. He's starting to change that the last few games. I'm seeing much better effort in terms of moving the feet. Rambis also called out his shots the other night. I think he's trying to get KP to see that he shouldn't accept the jumpshot as much as he does at times. It'll take time, but to me this will help KP.
mreinman
Member: #3189

2/28/2016  10:14 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:2nd post

can't decide what made me more sick tonight, the stupid triangle or melo's horrible play.

WTF do you know about the Triangle?

not much, perhaps you can post some pictures and some more predictions about how great Grant aka mike conley will be and how we are winning 50 games this season?

Some people are smart enough to know when their sh1t aint lookin too hot and its time to hush up.

You were quiet as a mouse when the team reached .500 and now like the bytch you are you add your dumb comments like you just knew this was gonna happen.

That's ok cuz it's easy to be negative all the time so you can act like a genius when in fact you don't know **** about basketball. Any time you wanna really go in depth on a topic lets go.

You sound like a guy that isn't here for the Knicks but just to post annoying BS jokes. What did you contribute to this thread but a couple of negative lame ass posts.

well I am right in my predictions 90 percent of the time while your are wrong 100 percent of the time so at least my bytch joke predictions are not fiction.

Stop telling people how little they know while you have been atrociously wrong but are too damn dumb to even realize how pathetic you look.

I bytch predicting that Rolo would be good while pretty much everyone was killing him.

I bytch predicted that Afflalo was not good and was getting way too much cred on here.

I bytch predicted that Fisher was an eh player with an eh iq and therefore ....

I bytch predicted that rambis' has a bad hair transplant

I bytch suggested that we should assume that grant may be as good as charlie ward not mike conley (how damn dumb) but of course I got the WTF WTF blah blah blah BS from mr peach

I killed the triangle all year but hey .... show me some more damn pictures please and if I'm lucky maybe I can see some of tex winters handwritten notes that you jack off to.

I predicted 33 wins ... how bout you smartazz?

I always tell players that I play with to keep track of their shooting percentages so they are not fooled about how good their shots are. Perhaps you should keep a spreadsheet of your predictions so that you can perhaps help yourself see how off you usually are. There is homerism and then there is just plain ...

so here is what phil is thinking ....
crzymdups
USA
2/28/2016  10:17 PM
Nixluva, it sounds like the head coach thinks the problem is... the offense.

¿ △ ?
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/28/2016  10:18 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

I think he was getting a bit accustomed to letting guys get by him on defense towards the end of the Fisher run. He wasn't worried about losing PT. Now he should be and is. I know he's a high motor guy, but you can be a high motor player and also have some bad habits. One of his bad habits was to not use his feet on defense and just rely on his length. He's starting to change that the last few games. I'm seeing much better effort in terms of moving the feet. Rambis also called out his shots the other night. I think he's trying to get KP to see that he shouldn't accept the jumpshot as much as he does at times. It'll take time, but to me this will help KP.
i dont really agree. Sure he has had some off games but his defense has been pretty good overall
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/28/2016  10:20 PM
Kemet wrote:Ko"Quinn n Serafin seen no minutes against Whiteside n a missing Bosh

Did force a bit but had several misses going strong to the basket. Just no legs to finish. Specially playing 40 plus and asked to be point guard, leading rebounder and assist guy. Maybe he should have passed it a bit more to his sharp shooting back court. Your right about KO though. Curious why he was kept out. And Grant has to play more minutes today. Cant be worse than Gallo.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
mreinman

crzymdups wrote:Nixluva, it sounds like the head coach thinks the problem is... the offense.

WTF does he know about the pinchy post?

nyknickzingis

crzymdups wrote:
Clean wrote:I find it funny Rambis always talks about Jimmer with disdain but he plays Jose and Sasha without noticing the irony. I am not sure if Rambis is an upgrade over Fisher. I would have rather ride out the season with Fisher and then try to get an actual good coach.

Phil thought the problem was that Fisher wasn't running enough Triangle. Turns out Rambis running more Triangle makes them far worse.

Fisher had the team on a 8 losses out of 9 games run. That's 1-8 in his last 9. Rambis has gone 2-5. We're in a major rut. Fisher was not getting them out of it. Neither will Rambis. However I have seen some improvements since Rambis came in. If nothing else, the rotation. He runs a much cleaner, consistent rotation. Not on Rambis guys on this team can not make good looks on a consistent basis, that he doesn't have a point guard that can create offense at a high level or that he's got many many bad defenders. That's all part of re-building.

Regardless, I don't think Phil ever said Rambis was brought in to get the team into the playoffs. I think he made it clear it was to improve the type of style they were playing and to improve the habits. In a few games we saw this. In 2 games - no (Raptors, Heat). I will say, you talk about Fish as if he did a great job. His Knicks also lost to Miami twice in November - averaging 78 points. While Fisher may have run less Triangle - it's not like he didn't run the Triangle at all. This team is what it is, holes and all. The major difference in Fisher and Rambis is that Rambis is more consistent with strategy, rotations and what he tells players. He's getting the team to practice together instead of individually. He's focused on giving the right feedback to Porzingis. This is a re-build throw a way year. No championships are going to be won. I have little problem with Rambis. This coming from a big KP fan, so saw him play only 20 minutes tonight.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/28/2016  10:21 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

can't decide what made me more sick tonight, the stupid triangle or melo's horrible play.

not much, perhaps you can post some pictures and some more predictions about how great Grant aka mike conley will be and how we are winning 50 games this season?

Some people are smart enough to know when their sh1t aint lookin too hot and its time to hush up.

You were quiet as a mouse when the team reached .500 and now like the bytch you are you add your dumb comments like you just knew this was gonna happen.

That's ok cuz it's easy to be negative all the time so you can act like a genius when in fact you don't know **** about basketball. Any time you wanna really go in depth on a topic lets go.

You sound like a guy that isn't here for the Knicks but just to post annoying BS jokes. What did you contribute to this thread but a couple of negative lame ass posts.

well I am right in my predictions 90 percent of the time while your are wrong 100 percent of the time so at least my bytch joke predictions are not fiction.

Stop telling people how little they know while you have been atrociously wrong but are too damn dumb to even realize how pathetic you look.

I bytch predicting that Rolo would be good while pretty much everyone was killing him.

I bytch predicted that Afflalo was not good and was getting way too much cred on here.

I bytch suggested that we should assume that grant may be as good as charlie ward not mike conley (how damn dumb) but of course I got the WTF WTF blah blah blah BS from mr peach

I killed the triangle all year but hey .... show me some more damn pictures please and if I'm lucky maybe I can see some of tex winters handwritten notes that you jack off to.

I always tell players that I play with to keep track of their shooting percentages so they are not fooled about how good their shots are. Perhaps you should keep a spreadsheet of your predictions so that you can perhaps help yourself see how off you usually are. There is homerism and then there is just plain ...

You done stroking you own dick. You still are a Garbage poster on this forum. All you do is post lame joke posts when the team is losing. Other than that what else do you really bring to the table. If the Knicks had a good game you'd have nothing to say tonight but as usual when it's going bad here you come to remind everyone how right you are about everything. Good job.

mreinman

2/28/2016  10:23 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

You done stroking you own dick. You still are a Garbage poster on this forum. All you do is post lame joke posts when the team is losing. Other than that what else do you really bring to the table. If the Knicks had a good game you'd have nothing to say tonight but as usual when it's going bad here you come to remind everyone how right you are about everything. Good job.

sour grapes. grow some balls and some brains. I done here. I will get back to my bytching snd dick stroking (of course the right way)

Miami vs Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy