2/26/2016  8:37 PM
see what happens when you don't play sasha
ES
AUTOADVERT
newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

2/26/2016  8:37 PM
Wow nice moves from Melo. If you can't shoot it then take it to the basket.
ScoreBot
2/26/2016  8:38 PM
2Q - 0:25
NYK 61 ORL 44
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

2/26/2016  8:39 PM
knicks1248 wrote:see what happens when you don't play sasha

We def miss Sasha tonight...lol

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/26/2016  8:39 PM
WP76 wrote:While I've really enjoyed what I've seen, I can't wonder why we don't have more nights when everything is clicking like it is tonight.

I think they needed better preparation. Rambo has been able to refocus the team thru hard work in practice. He changed to more hard scrimmages and it's making a difference IMO.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/26/2016  8:41 PM
Melo needs a personal shot doctor. Who is the Knicks shooting coach?
ScoreBot
2/26/2016  8:42 PM
HALFTIME
NYK 62 ORL 44
WP76
Member: #4508

nixluva wrote:
WP76 wrote:While I've really enjoyed what I've seen, I can't wonder why we don't have more nights when everything is clicking like it is tonight.

I think they needed better preparation. Rambo has been able to refocus the team thru hard work in practice. He changed to more hard scrimmages and it's making a difference IMO.

I hope you're right. Too bad this increased emphasis on scrimmaging, defense, and toughness didn't happen about a month ago under Fisher because then we'd still be in the playoff hunt. Oh, well...

SocraticBallin22

Team playing with great cohesion and chemistry both offensively and defensively. Can't remember the last time I saw this. Maybe when we were 22-22? We look like a different team. Give Rambo some credit with practice and scrimmage time.
SocraticBallin22

2/26/2016  8:43 PM
nixluva wrote:

I agree. They look much better prepared. Seems like Rambo knows what he's doing and what to focus on in practice.

newyorker4ever

2/26/2016  8:43 PM
nixluva wrote:

I'm not ready to start giving Rambis any props for anything just yet. The guy are actually giving effort but we've seen them do this with Fisher and they were winning and then the Melo stepping on the refs foot happened and they just stopped all together. When the bench plays well we play well and it's really that simple. I'd like to see this effort consistently for a while before i start getting happy about anything i'm seeing.

newyorker4ever

2/26/2016  8:46 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I'm not ready to start giving Rambis any props for anything just yet. The guy are actually giving effort but we've seen them do this with Fisher and they were winning and then the Melo stepping on the refs foot happened and they just stopped all together. When the bench plays well we play well and it's really that simple. I'd like to see this effort consistently for a while before i start getting happy about anything i'm seeing.

And this is the magic we're playing and they did just play last night against the GSW so i'm not gonna get excited too much with what they're doing.
nixluva
USA
2/26/2016  8:46 PM
WP76 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I hope you're right. Too bad this increased emphasis on scrimmaging, defense, and toughness didn't happen about a month ago under Fisher because then we'd still be in the playoff hunt. Oh, well...

IMO the team clearly still needs upgrades but they weren't maximizing the talent they do have. We saw what this team could do earlier in the season. Rambo seems to have focused on tightening up the very sloppy execution and low effort level.

SocraticBallin22

2/26/2016  8:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/26/2016  8:47 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
nixluva wrote:

The overall team concept looks much better defensively and less robotic with more cohesion on offense. That's due to coaching. Also, the rotations are much better.

SocraticBallin22

2/26/2016  8:48 PM
nixluva wrote:
WP76 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

IMO the team clearly still needs upgrades but they weren't maximizing the talent they do have. We saw what this team could do earlier in the season. Rambo seems to have focused on tightening up the very sloppy execution and low effort level.

I agree we were not maximizing the talent on the roster. We should be around a .500 team.

nixluva
USA
2/26/2016  8:49 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
nixluva wrote:

And this is the magic we're playing and they did just play last night against the GSW so i'm not gonna get excited too much with what they're doing.

IMO it's not about WHO we're playing!!! There's too much parity with most of the NBA. I focus on the execution and effort level. The chemistry on both ends is better and you could see gradual improvement since Rambo took over.

newyorker4ever

2/26/2016  8:53 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
nixluva wrote:

The overall team concept looks much better defensively and less robotic with more cohesion on offense. That's due to coaching. Also, the rotations are much better.

The rotations look better cause the bench is producing. When you put guys in and they don't produce then the rotations don't look good. Every rotation that Fisher put in would of looked good if they produced when they went in. Like i said....when the bench players play well we play well. I'm not knocking Rambis but i think it's a little funny how all the sudden the bench plays a good half against the Magic and now Rambis is a good coach..LOL
newyorker4ever

2/26/2016  8:54 PM
nixluva wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
nixluva wrote:

IMO it's not about WHO we're playing!!! There's too much parity with most of the NBA. I focus on the execution and effort level. The chemistry on both ends is better and you could see gradual improvement since Rambo took over.

Effort is the key word in your post.
SocraticBallin22

2/26/2016  8:55 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
nixluva wrote:

The rotations look better cause the bench is producing. When you put guys in and they don't produce then the rotations don't look good. Every rotation that Fisher put in would of looked good if they produced when they went in. Like i said....when the bench players play well we play well. I'm not knocking Rambis but i think it's a little funny how all the sudden the bench plays a good half against the Magic and now Rambis is a good coach..LOL

Fish screwed up KOQ's confidence. Never gave him consistent minutes. Would put him in for 2 minutes and take him out for Seraphin. Would swap these guys for each other game to game. KOQ has found his confidence again under Rambo. Just one example.

ScoreBot
2/26/2016  8:58 PM
3Q - 10:14
NYK 68 ORL 46
Knicks v Orlando

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy