[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks v Orlando
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

2/26/2016  10:25 PM
Knicks averaging 103.3 points a night in the Rambis era. Significant improvement on offense since Rambis took over. Say whatever you want about Jackson, but he knows coaching. Kurt is running a better rotation, is challenging Porzingis to play at a higher level and is getting them to play at a higher level on offense.

Defensively we are what we are. While tonight the effort was good, it was also against a team that using the strategy we use works well against (sagging pressure on the ball, sinking in to the paint) because Orlando doesn't shoot well from outside. Against good balanced scoring teams that have both dribble penetration and 3 point shooting, we often get burned.

With Jose at the point and Afflalo at 2, I don't see our defensive issues changing, but I do think with Porzingis/Lopez in the back to protect the basket our perimeter players should be pressuring the ball far more than they do. The fear is that they're giving up the drive, but it doesn't matter because even backing up, most guards beat Afflalo, Jose etc. off the dribble.

AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/26/2016  10:27 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Here's a telling stat: we were +19 at the free throw line and took 20 more than Orlando. When was the last time that happened? Which means we were being the aggressors for a change, getting penetration and picked up the pace. Much better execution tonight. Give Rambo credit for this game.

I agree. They had a few possessions where the ball never touched the floor. Just ball n player movement.

Ball movement looked much better tonight.

Though Orlando might be tanking after trading Harris? Can't tell.

From what I saw the Magic were trying hard on D. They were trying to use ball pressure and taking away space. It led to some TO's. Knicks just had good execution.

Pacers were trying harder on D. And they are a playoffs team.

Bottom line - the Knicks are the 11th seed and beat the 10th seed soundly at home. I'm not gonna overreact quite yet.

Beat Miami and you might get me to raise an eyebrow.

I agree. But they looked a lot better than they did when they beat the Wolves and got crushed by the Nets. They haven't been world beaters against the dregs of the nba so tonight was nice.

Coming off a tough loss vs the Pacers, this was a nice win against a young team that has given us trouble this year and has not played terribly recently.

If Anthony's J finally starts falling, we might have something interesting to watch for the rest of the season.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/26/2016  10:28 PM

Sounds like they are listening to Kurt.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/26/2016  10:45 PM
I don't focus on the strength of the competition. I'm just looking at how this team plays. They showed good progress against the Pacers and tonight they kept up the effort level.

I'm very pleased with how Gallo, Jerian, DWILL, KOQ and LT have started to play. They're the key to our success with this current roster.

SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

2/26/2016  10:45 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Knicks averaging 103.3 points a night in the Rambis era. Significant improvement on offense since Rambis took over. Say whatever you want about Jackson, but he knows coaching. Kurt is running a better rotation, is challenging Porzingis to play at a higher level and is getting them to play at a higher level on offense.

Defensively we are what we are. While tonight the effort was good, it was also against a team that using the strategy we use works well against (sagging pressure on the ball, sinking in to the paint) because Orlando doesn't shoot well from outside. Against good balanced scoring teams that have both dribble penetration and 3 point shooting, we often get burned.

With Jose at the point and Afflalo at 2, I don't see our defensive issues changing, but I do think with Porzingis/Lopez in the back to protect the basket our perimeter players should be pressuring the ball far more than they do. The fear is that they're giving up the drive, but it doesn't matter because even backing up, most guards beat Afflalo, Jose etc. off the dribble.

This.

SocraticBallin22

2/26/2016  10:47 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Sounds like they are listening to Kurt.

Yeah. It seems like he has changed their mindset--especially with some practice and scrimmage time. They are saying all the right things now---using words like playing "connected" as a unit and functioning as a collective whole as a team. This is how you build team chemistry.

TAB
Member: #6206

2/26/2016  10:49 PM
Grant is clueless and will never be any good.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/26/2016  10:50 PM
TAB wrote:Grant is clueless and will never be any good.

Grant just had a pretty good game and this your reaction?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SocraticBallin22

2/26/2016  10:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/26/2016  10:54 PM
Rambo's post game interviews are much better than Fish's. You could tell that he knows what he's talking about and understands basketball. He also holds his players accountable and criticizes them openly and candidly with the media. Tonight, he was talking about how they have been imploring for Jose to be more aggressive. He spoke about mental lapses in the 2nd half and how they couldn't sustain the consistency from the 1st half. He has high standards. I like that. Fish would sound like a robot, seem uncomfortable and not make much sense--kept talking in abstracts like "the process". This is refreshing. Reminds me of Van Gundy's post games a little bit--brutally honest and tough on players.

Also, was asked about Jimmer and answered the question well. He said that Jimmer has been great so far, has been coming early to practice, doing the right things, but he is going to have to play better and leapfrog guys who have been here to get minutes. He said he owes it to the players who have been here to play them first. He has to earn it in practice. Can't knock that.

WaltLongmire

2/26/2016  10:57 PM
martin wrote:

Yup...efficient in the minutes he played, and the 1 turnover he had came when he anticipated that Williams would cut to the basket...something Williams always does. Also had pretty quick feet on D.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
USA
2/26/2016  10:59 PM
martin wrote:

TAB can't be paying attention to details if he hasn't noticed Jerian looking more confident. Jerian still has a ways to go but I can see some good signs from him out there.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/26/2016  11:25 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:

Yup...efficient in the minutes he played, and the 1 turnover he had came when he anticipated that Williams would cut to the basket...something Williams always does. Also had pretty quick feet on D.

Did you see the camera cutaway to Rambo after that aborted cut by DWill? "What the hell was he doing?!"

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
USA
2/26/2016  11:39 PM
martin wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:

Did you see the camera cutaway to Rambo after that aborted cut by DWill? "What the hell was he doing?!"

You're right. This is an example of fans watching the game but not knowing what they're looking at. The entire offense is read and react and there are specific rules that everyone has to know. If a defender overplays then you cut backdoor. DWILL had a brain lock but Jerian did what was expected.

Jerian has so much more to his game that hopefully will come out as he develops. He's WAY better than he's looked this year.

WaltLongmire

2/26/2016  11:46 PM
martin wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:

Had the volume off! Could not read Rambis' lips to know whether he was upset with Williams, or Grant, but Grant made the right play to a teammate who always likes to move toward the basket, so I figured he was pissed of with Williams, who had a pretty decent game, otherwise.

Too bad, because it would have been a pretty play.

DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

2/27/2016  1:04 AM
martin wrote:

Wow is this true NYK - 108
ORL - 95

score ?
not a typo ?

DJ cant believe it honestly they actually won a game
I've tried hard NOT TO BE home to watch much less DVR the game from MSG garden.

Cannot believe we beat Orlando tonight,
must be a typo ! pinch me

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
TAB
Member: #6206

2/27/2016  7:32 AM
Hardly, he didn't even want the ball.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/27/2016  8:16 AM
Nice to win BUT i need to see a little winning streak before i get too excited. Orlando played a back to back so i expected us to have more energy. Im very happy for grant. Everybody knows im a big jerian grant fan and i want him used like he was tonight
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/27/2016  10:40 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Knicks averaging 103.3 points a night in the Rambis era. Significant improvement on offense since Rambis took over. Say whatever you want about Jackson, but he knows coaching. Kurt is running a better rotation, is challenging Porzingis to play at a higher level and is getting them to play at a higher level on offense.

Good point about the defense.

¿ △ ?
wh4t
Member: #6039
USA
2/27/2016  9:33 PM
we suppose to beat orlando, why are you guys surprised this game is nothing to me. knicks better be consistent and keep this up.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/27/2016  11:35 PM
wh4t wrote:we suppose to beat orlando, why are you guys surprised this game is nothing to me. knicks better be consistent and keep this up.
The Knicks looked great. They haven't looked good for about 5 weeks. Not sure if you watched the game but it was nice to see a win that never really was in doubt after the first quarter.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knicks v Orlando

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy