Frank vs. Craw.. trade value
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/27/2004  9:34 AM
Posted by joec32033:

I am not worried about his playmaking skills...I am worried that he will attach himself to the PG mantle...that's all...you can never have too many players that can handle the ball, I agree, but in 2 years I don't want Craw saying he is playiong out of position and he thinks he should be starting at the point. That is my only concern with Craw. Not his skills but the fact he may be playing out of position according to where he thinks he should play.
Being labelled a "PG" or an "SG" is really just something the media and we fans do out of convenience. If Marbury and Crawford are in the backcourt, I expect BOTH of them to play like combo guards: Players who can put up points but also always look to get others involved.
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
7/27/2004  9:35 AM
I also suspect that Isiah has talked to Crawford about his role and he is ok with it....i hope at least.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
7/27/2004  9:39 AM
Posted by Andrew:

I also suspect that Isiah has talked to Crawford about his role and he is ok with it....i hope at least.

That makes sense. We know that he and Isiah have talked and we know that he wants to come to NY
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
7/27/2004  10:16 AM
like I said, it is my only concern with him. IMHO, it's not a concern to hold up any trade for him as he may be a huge trade commodity down the road, if we have to. It was just an observation I made after reading an interview in Slam (Bonn, you know the one I am talking about). He just stated that he sees himself as a PG, and it got me thinking...
~You can't run from who you are.~
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
7/27/2004  10:24 AM
Yes, Jamal sees himself as a Point. So does Steph. But neither are PURE point guards. Both can make plays and have great ball handling skills. But, we all know the player who compares most closely in the entire NBA to Steph is Allen Iverson. For the offense to be at its best with Steph, the Knicks need another playmaker on the floor. That's not really a knock on Steph, I just think having two Combo guards on the floor would be great. Like when Sacramento uses Bibby and Bobby Jax.
¿ △ ?
Frank vs. Craw.. trade value

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy