Member: #671
USA
2/24/2016  10:59 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Listen...if you're a superstar in Melo, and you just called out your team after the last game, questioned the direction of the entire organization, publicly said you have no relationship with Phil, publicly said you were frustrated and tired of losing...you CANNOT come out the game after on the road when the rest of the team stepped up their game and showed up and have such a bad game. It makes you look really bad as a leader. And his body language looked terrible the whole game--not to mention losing his cool with the tech which forced us into shooting 3's to tie the game. Just an all around bad look.

This times infinity. It's bad when the rookie shows more balls than the supposed superstar.

You know who made the playoffs in his rookie season? Melo. Not KP. Oh smack, son.

This makes no sense since Melo is on this team and plays a bigger role than KP. This is the kind of Melo centric bs I'm talking about

So wait, KP is playing with a better player than Melo did during his rookie season and still can't make the playoffs in a weaker conference? Do I have that right? I'm just trying to get the facts straight on how much Melo sucks.

what does KP have to do with melo? It seems like you are taking shots at KP in a effort to defend melo. Like i said its fine defend melo but brininging a rising star like kp into it makes no sense

Was responding to this:

This times infinity. It's bad when the rookie shows more balls than the supposed superstar.

People here feel the need to knock down Melo to praise KP.

I like both players. KP had a nice game, but didn't rebound well, had no blocks and got beat by Mahimi for a big dunk down the stretch.

The loss isn't on either player. The loss is on the team.

I don't know why Melo gets flack for staying here and trying to build something. Particularly when everyone admits we have the worst starting backcourt in the league and we currently employee one of the worst coaches in NBA history.

Yet somehow it's Melo's fault?

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

2/24/2016  11:03 PM
dk7th wrote:i saw the kp shot once more in msg post game. he rushed it, maybe to the untrained eye it looked like he had enough time but he didn't quite gather himself, plus the commentators accurately point out that kp set up at 27ft when he needs to set up at 24ft. he has had a tendency to rush shots during his rookie season, and has been called on it many times. this was no different, only slightly less rushed... but rushed nonetheless.

I just watch it too .. I notice Porzingis defender doubling Gallo leaving a wide open lane to the basket for Porzingis to run and catch a alley-oop pass for a dunk. That was an uncalled for shot by a ROOKIE that shouldnt have been on the court at that time in the game.
Thinking that a ROOKIE is a closer-player are how a 22-22 record Knicks turned into a 24-35 Knicks record.
If that was Lopez standing behind the 3 ball line i doubt Lopez defender would have double Gallo on the far side 3 ball line leaving a open lane to the basket for Gallo to heave a alley-oop pass to a running Lopez to dunk.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/24/2016  11:22 PM
crzymdups wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Listen...if you're a superstar in Melo, and you just called out your team after the last game, questioned the direction of the entire organization, publicly said you have no relationship with Phil, publicly said you were frustrated and tired of losing...you CANNOT come out the game after on the road when the rest of the team stepped up their game and showed up and have such a bad game. It makes you look really bad as a leader. And his body language looked terrible the whole game--not to mention losing his cool with the tech which forced us into shooting 3's to tie the game. Just an all around bad look.

You know who made the playoffs in his rookie season? Melo. Not KP. Oh smack, son.

This makes no sense since Melo is on this team and plays a bigger role than KP. This is the kind of Melo centric bs I'm talking about

So wait, KP is playing with a better player than Melo did during his rookie season and still can't make the playoffs in a weaker conference? Do I have that right? I'm just trying to get the facts straight on how much Melo sucks.

It is Melo's team. We are paying him $25mil to help this team be some what competitive in a pathetic Eastern Conference. He is failing miserably. Phil has failed miserably and Dolan's been a failure since the day he was born but let's rag on our 20yr cornerstone rookie who's making what $4mil this year? Less than Phil & Fisher

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
2/24/2016  11:26 PM
Crzy sounding crzy with his Melo defense.

Its okay. He had a terrible game and cost the Knicks the game tonight. He got outplayed by a superior player in Paul George. He's still a top 25-30 player in the league, but simply too old and not elite enough to carry the load for the Knicks to be successful.

Let it go, man.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/24/2016  11:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2016  11:29 PM
crzymdups wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

what does KP have to do with melo? It seems like you are taking shots at KP in a effort to defend melo. Like i said its fine defend melo but brininging a rising star like kp into it makes no sense

Was responding to this:

I like both players. KP had a nice game, but didn't rebound well, had no blocks and got beat by Mahimi for a big dunk down the stretch.

I don't know why Melo gets flack for staying here and trying to build something. Particularly when everyone admits we have the worst starting backcourt in the league and we currently employee one of the worst coaches in NBA history.

It going to be Melo's fault when we whiff on FA guards because of his contract. Assuming free agents of any significance even want to play with Melo this time around. He's played better team ball for the most part but he isn't getting any younger or healthier

crzymdups
USA
2/24/2016  11:35 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

Was responding to this:

It going to be Melo's fault when we whiff on FA guards because of his contract. Assuming free agents of any significance even want to play with Melo this time around. He's played better team ball for the most part but he isn't getting any younger or healthier

Man, if Melo really cared about the Knicks he'd get younger and healthier.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
2/24/2016  11:36 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:Crzy sounding crzy with his Melo defense.

Its okay. He had a terrible game and cost the Knicks the game tonight. He got outplayed by a superior player in Paul George. He's still a top 25-30 player in the league, but simply too old and not elite enough to carry the load for the Knicks to be successful.

Let it go, man.

I guess you don't actually watch the games because Melo wasn't guarding Paul George.

¿ △ ?
ChuckBuck
USA
2/24/2016  11:41 PM
crzymdups wrote:

Let it go, man.

I guess you don't actually watch the games because Melo wasn't guarding Paul George.

Its okay man. Let it go. Melo's less than mediocre.

He's not the player New York deserves. Hopefully Phil can convince him to waive his NTC so both Melo and the Knicks can finally move on.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/25/2016  7:38 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Where is this notion coming from that Melo is a leader? He never has been since he's been here.
With that said, I wasn't aware he said all of those things before reading your post. After reading it, I can only agree. Very fair look at everything.

He's been better as a "leader" this year. I've seen him talking to players on the court and during the breaks on numerous occasions.

He just had a bad game. Was also frustrated that a much taller Turner was able to gets shots over him, and this caused him to throw the elbow. You also figure that he wasn't happy with some of the non-calls on his drives to the basket.

Its a shame that his production did not match that of his teammates, though. A few extra shots made could have won the game for us.

I am in the middle on Melo. I definitely did not like what NY gave up for him as he could have just come as a FA.

He had a few moments in the first few years of being a bad influence on the team. On the court, he has been good not great.

This year, his game was better, he seems to be a better leader. But again, another situation is coming up and his actions are not looking good.

Being a leader on and OFF the court seems to come hard for him. Again, I would say up until this last stretch he has done much better. I hope it is just another dip in the road and he will recover. The team needs what he was bringing just before the collapse. That was a great Melo. Maybe its all Physical, (tripping on ref) but it sure is not looking good. It is possible his knee is bothering him and he may now realize that his best days are behind him and its hard for him to accept. I am just speculating. Whatever it is, for the sake of the KNicks, I hope he can regain what he had earlier this season. IF that is not possible for whatever reason, then it is time to convince him to accept a trade (if his knee passes the physical). Yes, it will set the team back on the court but perhaps the pressure release in the locker room will offset.

In any case, let's see how the rest of the year goes and I think it will become clear.

ccch
Member: #3876

2/25/2016  12:34 PM
Can't believe D. Williams didn't play 1 minute. He's the one guy who can bring some intense energy off the bench. He can make things happen...loves to drive to the basket and rebound. But Rambus seems to be playing the same guys with the same rotations.

Why on earth does Sasha get the minutes he does is beyond me.

Thomas needs less minutes

Williams need more minutes

Sahsa needs less minutes.. actually no minutes.

Galo and Cald about right except Calderon needs to be out there when we need some scoring...Best Shooting PG

Lopez need more minutes in crunch time and when we need scoring.

ChuckBuck
USA
2/25/2016  12:38 PM
ccch wrote:Can't believe D. Williams didn't play 1 minute. He's the one guy who can bring some intense energy off the bench. He can make things happen...loves to drive to the basket and rebound. But Rambus seems to be playing the same guys with the same rotations.

Galo and Cald about right except Calderon needs to be out there when we need some scoring...Best Shooting PG

When in doubt stick to what works. Why make sense of things? He's carrying on Fisher's tradition...

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/25/2016  12:40 PM
crzymdups wrote:

Let it go, man.

Had him at the beginning of the game, though, didn't he?

When they went with KP at the 5, they had Anthony on Turner...a size match-up that did not do too well.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/25/2016  12:42 PM
ccch wrote:Can't believe D. Williams didn't play 1 minute. He's the one guy who can bring some intense energy off the bench. He can make things happen...loves to drive to the basket and rebound. But Rambus seems to be playing the same guys with the same rotations.

Williams being on the bench has to be a defensive thing...same reason Jimmer never got in.

He seems to have lit a fire under KOQ's butt, though...wonder how long that will last?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
SAME GAME PLAN: NYK @ PACERS

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy