[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

SAME GAME PLAN: NYK @ PACERS
Author Thread
SocraticBallin22
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6096

2/24/2016  10:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2016  10:13 PM
What can we honestly get if we traded Melo in the offseason? Can we get a lottery pick and expiring contracts back? If so, I would pull the trigger. It may be time to turn the page for both parties involved.
AUTOADVERT
TeamBall
Member: #4386

2/24/2016  10:13 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Listen...if you're a superstar in Melo, and you just called out your team after the last game, questioned the direction of the entire organization, publicly said you have no relationship with Phil, publicly said you were frustrated and tired of losing...you CANNOT come out the game after on the road when the rest of the team stepped up their game and showed up and have such a bad game. It makes you look really bad as a leader. And his body language looked terrible the whole game--not to mention losing his cool with the tech which forced us into shooting 3's to tie the game. Just an all around bad look.

Where is this notion coming from that Melo is a leader? He never has been since he's been here.
With that said, I wasn't aware he said all of those things before reading your post. After reading it, I can only agree. Very fair look at everything.

He's been better as a "leader" this year. I've seen him talking to players on the court and during the breaks on numerous occasions.

He just had a bad game. Was also frustrated that a much taller Turner was able to gets shots over him, and this caused him to throw the elbow. You also figure that he wasn't happy with some of the non-calls on his drives to the basket.

Its a shame that his production did not match that of his teammates, though. A few extra shots made could have won the game for us.

He's definitely been better at leading by example this season. I am all for that. I just don't see him as the "rally the troops" leader but he doesn't have to be. As long as he consistently keeps up his play, I have no complaints. Off game like you said but if you're going to make comments like that (assuming those were his actual words), then it is a bad look to have a game like this directly after.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/24/2016  10:13 PM
crzymdups wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Listen...if you're a superstar in Melo, and you just called out your team after the last game, questioned the direction of the entire organization, publicly said you have no relationship with Phil, publicly said you were frustrated and tired of losing...you CANNOT come out the game after on the road when the rest of the team stepped up their game and showed up and have such a bad game. It makes you look really bad as a leader. And his body language looked terrible the whole game--not to mention losing his cool with the tech which forced us into shooting 3's to tie the game. Just an all around bad look.

This times infinity. It's bad when the rookie shows more balls than the supposed superstar.

You know who made the playoffs in his rookie season? Melo. Not KP. Oh smack, son.

This makes no sense since Melo is on this team and plays a bigger role than KP. This is the kind of Melo centric bs I'm talking about

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
2/24/2016  10:15 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Gotta love the NYK fanbase -

KP misses a wide open three at the top of the key with 6 seconds to go and it's a "tough shot" or a "rookie mistake" to rush it.

Melo misses a rushed turn around three with 2 seconds left to tie because of the KP miss and it's "F Melo!"

Pathetic, NYK fanbase. Pathetic.

Nothing to do with the final shot man. You know very well why people are pissed at Melo since he was reinserted in the 4th quarter after we came back and took a substantial lead with him on the bench. You even took part in defending him earlier. No need to play dumb man its unnecessary

I thought you said the Knicks were bad because of Calderon and their backcourt? So is it just Melo's fault specifically tonight? Not Afflalo's at all?

I'm just trying to figure it all out.

I could care less about tonight. As far as i'm concerned the season is over and the more we lose the more likely there will drastic change in the offseason. It's 50/50 IMO. Either Melo waives his NTC and goes or he stays and Phil goes. Dicey situation as I want Phil to stay but I will take the gamble.

Stop trying to score Melo-defender points Crzy. You are too good for that

Well said guns. Season's toast. Time to sit all the vets and play all the youths. Melo should take the rest of the season off. Rest those $124m old man knees.

Rambis will probably do the exact opposite until the end of the season though.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/24/2016  10:15 PM
crzymdups wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:I like Melo and defend him often but think even he would agree, this loss was on him. He just missed way too many shots tonight. KP, Calderon, KO and Galloway played well. LT, Imo, should have been out and KO in a bit more at the end of game. KP's shot at end was fine. Don't think anything else was open once Galloway stopped his dribble. Just stinks we can't pull a game like this out.

Sounds like he may have been playing injured.

Yeah. Clemmons referenced his shot being short in the first half. Maybe his minutes need to be managed and he gets to sit in games where the outcome is already decided.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
2/24/2016  10:16 PM
i saw the kp shot once more in msg post game. he rushed it, maybe to the untrained eye it looked like he had enough time but he didn't quite gather himself, plus the commentators accurately point out that kp set up at 27ft when he needs to set up at 24ft. he has had a tendency to rush shots during his rookie season, and has been called on it many times. this was no different, only slightly less rushed... but rushed nonetheless.
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/24/2016  10:16 PM
Liked that Afflalo played less minutes. Think he should be the change in the starting line up. Was there a Reason why Dwill didn't play? Can't We give someone else Sasha's minutes. Don't care who.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/24/2016  10:17 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

This times infinity. It's bad when the rookie shows more balls than the supposed superstar.

You know who made the playoffs in his rookie season? Melo. Not KP. Oh smack, son.

This makes no sense since Melo is on this team and plays a bigger role than KP. This is the kind of Melo centric bs I'm talking about

this
gunsnewing
USA
2/24/2016  10:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2016  10:18 PM
crzymdups wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:I like Melo and defend him often but think even he would agree, this loss was on him. He just missed way too many shots tonight. KP, Calderon, KO and Galloway played well. LT, Imo, should have been out and KO in a bit more at the end of game. KP's shot at end was fine. Don't think anything else was open once Galloway stopped his dribble. Just stinks we can't pull a game like this out.

oh how comforting

TeamBall
Member: #4386

2/24/2016  10:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2016  10:22 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

The original post was about Melo not backing up his words and instead having a crappy game which is something I'm sure you can agree with. The post after that needlessly brought KP into it. Why is that ok but the post in response to that defending Melo (albeit rather poorly) "bs"?
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
gunsnewing
USA
2/24/2016  10:26 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:What can we honestly get if we traded Melo in the offseason? Can we get a lottery pick and expiring contracts back? If so, I would pull the trigger. It may be time to turn the page for both parties involved.

at worst you will get back a few late #1 picks in the near future and maybe future #1 top 5 protected in the distant future if we trade him to a contender. Best case scenario is getting an unprotected #1 in this years draft and a potentially useful/young rotation player to a team like Boston, Miami, Houston, Orlando, Minn, or PHX

gunsnewing
USA
2/24/2016  10:29 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Liked that Afflalo played less minutes. Think he should be the change in the starting line up. Was there a Reason why Dwill didn't play? Can't We give someone else Sasha's minutes. Don't care who.

They forced Afflalo to start lifting in hopes that he will stop hitting the front of the rim on all his shots. hey maybe it will help him defend as well

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/24/2016  10:30 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

oh how comforting

Means his leg might be worse than we thought...not something to get angry with him about at this point.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
gunsnewing
USA
2/24/2016  10:31 PM
TeamBall wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Where is this notion coming from that Melo is a leader? He never has been since he's been here.
With that said, I wasn't aware he said all of those things before reading your post. After reading it, I can only agree. Very fair look at everything.

He's been better as a "leader" this year. I've seen him talking to players on the court and during the breaks on numerous occasions.

He just had a bad game. Was also frustrated that a much taller Turner was able to gets shots over him, and this caused him to throw the elbow. You also figure that he wasn't happy with some of the non-calls on his drives to the basket.

Its a shame that his production did not match that of his teammates, though. A few extra shots made could have won the game for us.

He's definitely been better at leading by example this season. I am all for that. I just don't see him as the "rally the troops" leader but he doesn't have to be. As long as he consistently keeps up his play, I have no complaints. Off game like you said but if you're going to make comments like that (assuming those were his actual words), then it is a bad look to have a game like this directly after.

Hahn just said the same things. Calling out the team, playing like crap & losing his cool with the tech but according to Crzy its the fans fault

gunsnewing
USA
2/24/2016  10:35 PM
TeamBall wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

The original post was about Melo not backing up his words and instead having a crappy game which is something I'm sure you can agree with. The post after that needlessly brought KP into it. Why is that ok but the post in response to that defending Melo (albeit rather poorly) "bs"?

yea not a good post from Chuck either. It would be nice if Crzy and the usual suspects didn't lump everyone being critical together

gunsnewing
USA
2/24/2016  10:37 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

oh how comforting

Means his leg might be worse than we thought...not something to get angry with him about at this point.

Nope especially if when you knew what the outcome would be before re-signing him for the max

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/24/2016  10:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2016  10:47 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

Duh, that's the lamest thing I've ever heard. That makes KP and Lebron soul mates then because he missed it too.

Lame response man for your Melo insecurities.

What about KP and Lebron's game makes you think they are soulmates? Just trying to get to the bottom of your basketball mind.

LoLol you're the one that brought up playoffs as a basis to back your Melo insecurity.

I simply stated factually that Lebron also missed the playoffs his rookie season. KP and him have that in common so they must be great.

Don't bring up lame trivia to prop your loser boy up. His overall history sucks and even more so in a Knicks uniform.

The only thing Melo will be remembered for once he's gone is 62 points. Definitely not for winning anything of substance.

He'll probably also be remembered for being a top ten scorer in NBA history.

Eh there's plenty of volume scorers that made the hall.

It's being remembered as a winner and champion that marks the great ones.

You think Paul George is gonna win a ring?

The only fair way to compare Paul George and Melo is to compare them at the same age.

George is 25yr averaging 23ppg 7reb 4ast

Melo at 25yr averaged 26.6ppg 6.2reb 3ast and made the conference finals.

You think George will make the conference finals this year in a far weaker conference than Melo played in the West at age 25?

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
2/24/2016  10:48 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Gotta love the NYK fanbase -

KP misses a wide open three at the top of the key with 6 seconds to go and it's a "tough shot" or a "rookie mistake" to rush it.

Melo misses a rushed turn around three with 2 seconds left to tie because of the KP miss and it's "F Melo!"

Pathetic, NYK fanbase. Pathetic.

Nothing to do with the final shot man. You know very well why people are pissed at Melo since he was reinserted in the 4th quarter after we came back and took a substantial lead with him on the bench. You even took part in defending him earlier. No need to play dumb man its unnecessary

I thought you said the Knicks were bad because of Calderon and their backcourt? So is it just Melo's fault specifically tonight? Not Afflalo's at all?

I'm just trying to figure it all out.

I could care less about tonight. As far as i'm concerned the season is over and the more we lose the more likely there will drastic change in the offseason. It's 50/50 IMO. Either Melo waives his NTC and goes or he stays and Phil goes. Dicey situation as I want Phil to stay but I will take the gamble.

Stop trying to score Melo-defender points Crzy. You are too good for that

I could care less about tonight, too. I thought your stance was that the problem was the backcourt?

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
2/24/2016  10:51 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

So wait, KP is playing with a better player than Melo did during his rookie season and still can't make the playoffs in a weaker conference? Do I have that right? I'm just trying to get the facts straight on how much Melo sucks.

¿ △ ?
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/24/2016  10:54 PM
crzymdups wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

So wait, KP is playing with a better player than Melo did during his rookie season and still can't make the playoffs in a weaker conference? Do I have that right? I'm just trying to get the facts straight on how much Melo sucks.

what does KP have to do with melo? It seems like you are taking shots at KP in a effort to defend melo. Like i said its fine defend melo but brininging a rising star like kp into it makes no sense
SAME GAME PLAN: NYK @ PACERS

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy