[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ron Mercer
Author Thread
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
7/26/2004  10:39 AM
Havnt heard anything about him lately. Not a bad pickup if we can get him for the lle or part of the mle, seeing as Vins getting 3mm of it(thats nuts, btw). I mean, he did have a 20 ppg season, and hes only what, 28? He can back up TT if we get the JC deal done. Is there anyone else looking at him?
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
AUTOADVERT
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
7/26/2004  10:48 AM
Ron mercer is a ball hog, a walking black hole who couldn't even work in san antonio's system. that alone is scary.
raven
Canada
7/26/2004  10:50 AM
btw, welcome aboard !
firefly
United Kingdom
7/26/2004  10:52 AM
thanx. good to be here. Ive never seen him play, but what your decribing is basically a player as useless as Shanderson, without the aweful contract.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
raven
Canada
7/26/2004  10:56 AM
no, it's not that cause he can flat out score. I remember seeing him while he was in chicago, thought he could play. But man, only thing he could was jacking shots, like a jalen rose without the court vision.

That's not a good guy to have on a team, trust me.

Shandon on the other hand is a good guy, but his play is awful. How many times last season did he put the ball on his foot ? I can't remember but he did that so many times...

[Edited by - raven on 07/26/2004 10:57:12]
firefly
United Kingdom
7/26/2004  11:11 AM
I know what you mean, the man has no handle whatsoever. But i gotta say, in Shandons defence, there are a few things he can do.

I mean, hes not the guy you want leading the fastbreak, but he can finish at the hole, knows how to drive, and hes not the worst perimeter defender in the league. Or even on the knicks. He gets hell from us long-suffering fans, cuz hes just not worth anywhere near the money hes getting paid. I know im gonna get flak for this, but i put him in the same region as Trenton Hassell. And he just got himself a 27m contract! Nice to see were not the only ones making silly mistakes with our money.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
7/26/2004  5:42 PM
I hear ya on Anderson BUT:

Hassel is 100 times the defender Anderson is. The only reason Anderson looks like a good defender cause we are compaing him to Houston and TT. So in reality he is an average defender.

Hassel can hit the open midrange jumper. Anderson can't heat the open barn.

Hassel has a very high fieldgoal as he only takes good shots and finishes at the rim when givn the oppourinty, and he harldy ever turns it over because he stays within his game.

Anderson has a poor fieldgoal becaue he boches many layups, and Anderson turns it over cause he thinks he can do more then he really can. He refuses to play a role, and tries to do to much.

So in other worsd Anderson is a waste of a basketball contract. I hate him. Yeah I guess you got some flak man, sorry I just hate Shanderson too much.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Ron Mercer

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy