raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
7/26/2004  7:09 AM
NETS EYE WILCOX IN KERRY DEAL
http://www.nypost.com/sports/nets/25600.htm
By MARC BERMAN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email Archives
Print Reprint

July 26, 2004 --
With Shareef Abdur-Rahim now out of their grasp, the Nets continue to shop Kerry Kittles and have had serious talks with the Clippers, according to league sources.

The Clippers, spurned by Kobe Bryant, are under the cap and can accept Kittles' $9.8M salary without giving up a player. However, the Nets hardly need a fourth first-round draft choice.

The Nets have interest in Chris Wilcox, the Clips' backup power forward who had a nice second year after getting limited playing time as a rookie. The Nets could do worse than getting the forward whom the Knicks targeted in the 2002 draft.

With Kittles in the final year of his contract, he has definite trade value. But the Blazers were not interested enough in a Kittles/Aaron Williams/first-round pick offer for Abdur-Rahim.

No longer in the hunt for Kittles, the Blazers instead tendered an offer sheet to Minnesota shooting guard Trenton Hassell, who's nowhere near the offensive player Kittles is. The Wolves don't have room to match the offer.

Abdur-Rahim's agent, Aaron Goodwin, wants his client out of Portland.

"Portland blew an excellent opportunity and the Nets blew a chance to replace Kenyon Martin," Goodwin said. "I'd be lying to you if I said I wasn't disappointed."
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
7/26/2004  7:34 AM
FUCK THE NETS!!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
OT : NETS EYE WILCOX IN KERRY DEAL

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy