[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Rambo 3: Knicks vs Twolves
Author Thread
TAB
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6206

2/21/2016  12:53 PM
nixluva wrote:
TAB wrote:That is why people have a problem with Jimmer coming up. Rambis will have about as much impact on this team as Jimmer will by the way. He will never be a good coach. He is a poor man's Alvin Gentry who is a better assistant than head coach.

Most coaches aren't that special. THE most important thing is the talent on your roster. Then as long as you have a solid coach you can have a winning team. So far Rambis has made quality decisions. Not everything has been good but he has made some positive moves. We'll learn a lot more about Rambis the rest of the way.

I seem to recall him being ripped on as a coach in the past.

AUTOADVERT
TAB
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6206

2/21/2016  12:54 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
TAB wrote:That is why people have a problem with Jimmer coming up. Rambis will have about as much impact on this team as Jimmer will by the way. He will never be a good coach. He is a poor man's Alvin Gentry who is a better assistant than head coach.
Jimmer will constantly hit that 3 though and it will open it up for KP, Melo and Rolo in the middle. Gallo was awesome in the beginning when he was in the top 3 in the league in 3pt fg% age and it opened it up in the middle. We need that again.

Just don't think he can be good enough in practice for coaches to get that he can play in games. In the d-league there isn't as much pressure to make that decision. I don't see whose minutes he takes and why.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/21/2016  1:24 PM
TAB wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Jimmer will constantly hit that 3 though and it will open it up for KP, Melo and Rolo in the middle. Gallo was awesome in the beginning when he was in the top 3 in the league in 3pt fg% age and it opened it up in the middle. We need that again.
Just don't think he can be good enough in practice for coaches to get that he can play in games. In the d-league there isn't as much pressure to make that decision. I don't see whose minutes he takes and why.
He needs to work himself in the roration. He can be the 4th guard on the rotation. Take grant/Sasha minutes. 10-15 min a game and see what he can do. Sasha/grant are getting open looks and they are not making the defense pay. We need that.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/21/2016  3:31 PM
CrushAlot wrote:From a TWolves blog on last nights game. (Link has more info including stuff that I am not able to copy and paste).
Watching Carmelo come down the floor and isolate against his man got me thinking – it wasn’t wrong to be excited to see Towns and Porzingis, two players who going to be big parts of the future of the league, just like it isn’t wrong to wish the Wolves would shoot more threes (12 for the night) or know the mathematical reality that isolation possessions are some of the least efficient in basketball. But the lesson I learned is that the future is still the future, and no matter what anyone thinks of Carmelo Anthony, watching him in the present, when he is locked in, is pretty damn fun, even if (especially when?) he’s sizing up his man and finessing his way into a nylon-tickling jumper or slithering to the hoop.

http://www.awolfamongwolves.com/2016/02/knicks-103-timberwolves-95-smooth-carmelo/

Melo plays biggest against poor competition and when our season is over.

I find him the most underwhelming so called star I can remember --- such an empty point producer you can count on one hand the # of truth big shots he's made in 5 years with the Knicks.

Game Thread: Rambo 3: Knicks vs Twolves

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy