[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Rambo 3: Knicks vs Twolves
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

2/20/2016  10:14 PM
Why is Lopez handling the ball that far out at this time in the game?
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/20/2016  10:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2016  10:16 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:I don't give a rat'e ass how much it costs, Phil needs to FIX that back court.

It wouldn't be so bad if we capitalize on out strengths..lopez as 26, twolves couldn't adjust and we stop the fast break

ES
ScoreBot
2/20/2016  10:16 PM
FINAL
MIN 95 NYK 103
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/20/2016  10:16 PM
Turnovers are what kills this team.
¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/20/2016  10:17 PM
crzymdups wrote:Turnovers are what kills this team.
Yeah. Is there such a thing as a tough win?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

2/20/2016  10:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2016  10:20 PM
Interesting that Rambo shortened the rotation on the second game of a back to back. He played the starters heavy minutes and mostly played only veterans. Jerian a DNP and KP a non factor. At least we won.

It was pretty much the Melo/Rolo show and we dominated the front court. Our defense was solid, too, but the Wolves are a horrendous team, so I don't know how much you can take away from that.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/20/2016  10:25 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:KAT being schooled by ROLO, which means the kid has a long way to go before becoming a star.

Lopez simply doesn't understand how could he could be in the post with those hook shots of his if he was aggressive on a consistent basis.

Should be averaging about 15PPG, IMO, and we should be setting some screens/picks down low to free him up, sometimes.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/20/2016  10:26 PM
Nice win.
Team has looked better on offense with Rambis as coach.

Lopez/Melo really dominated the weaker Wolves front line.
KP was marred with foul trouble. So not a good game for him.

Jose is a much more useful player when he stops trying to play PG and chooses to play like a SG. He needs to keep shooting and cut down on the passive play. He's a good shooter. His jumpshot is nice. He should step in and try to take shots on a consistent basis. Tonight was a much more balanced game from him. Defense is what it is, but a guy with his jumpshot is far more useful as a shooter than a PG.

The consistent changes I've seen in the team since Rambis took over.

1- Consistency of offense schemes. Less 1 on 1. Even if we go to 1 on 1 situations, it's usually specifically set up with the offensive spacing good such that a Melo or whomever can get a real 1 on 1 chance vs being easily double teamed.

2- Rambis is trying to have one of Melo, KP and Afflalo out there, usually even 2. KP screwed up the planning for that tonight, but luckily Robin Lopez was having a monster game.

3- Lots of Melo handling the ball, bringing it up the court and being the true PG of the team. Dig this.

We are what we are talent wise, but nice to see that over 3 games the Knicks have began to play sound basketball on offense again. Average since Rambis took over as coach is 103 points a game. Small sample size but I definitely notice a better offense.

SocraticBallin22

2/20/2016  10:33 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Nice win.
Team has looked better on offense with Rambis as coach.

Lopez/Melo really dominated the weaker Wolves front line.
KP was marred with foul trouble. So not a good game for him.

Jose is a much more useful player when he stops trying to play PG and chooses to play like a SG. He needs to keep shooting and cut down on the passive play. He's a good shooter. His jumpshot is nice. He should step in and try to take shots on a consistent basis. Tonight was a much more balanced game from him. Defense is what it is, but a guy with his jumpshot is far more useful as a shooter than a PG.

The consistent changes I've seen in the team since Rambis took over.

1- Consistency of offense schemes. Less 1 on 1. Even if we go to 1 on 1 situations, it's usually specifically set up with the offensive spacing good such that a Melo or whomever can get a real 1 on 1 chance vs being easily double teamed.

2- Rambis is trying to have one of Melo, KP and Afflalo out there, usually even 2. KP screwed up the planning for that tonight, but luckily Robin Lopez was having a monster game.

3- Lots of Melo handling the ball, bringing it up the court and being the true PG of the team. Dig this.

We are what we are talent wise, but nice to see that over 3 games the Knicks have began to play sound basketball on offense again. Average since Rambis took over as coach is 103 points a game. Small sample size but I definitely notice a better offense.

Good analysis. Also, Rambo definitely shortened the rotation tonight and leaned heavily on the veterans. Curious to see if he continues this going forward. May hinder KP's and Jerian's development this year. The offense has looked a lot better. I'm curious to see how it could look with a point guard like Jimmer attacking; I think it could reach another level. Hope he plays. We'll see.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/20/2016  10:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2016  10:43 PM
Fredette should take Sasha's minutes, and Galloway can defend 2's. I don't know what that does for our defense, but it hasn't been any good for a while anyway. Tonight we showed some spurts but it was mostly because Minnesota doesn't have a strong scoring threat at PG. I've noticed that teams that are not great at scoring off pick and rolls with capable scoring PG's like Rubio (He's just a better version of Calderon from what I can see) don't bother us. It's the teams that have PG's who can score effectively give us fits. No surprise why - we play 2 bigs, Melo/Afflalo are pretty average in speed for position and Calderon is one of the worst defensive PG's in the league.

As I said when Fish got fired, I just want the offense to improve and for Porzingis, Melo, Lopez, Galloway, DWill, Thomas to get repetitions in for an offense that will likely be back next year. Plenty of the top 9 guys from this season are coming back next year. We need them ahead of the curve next season on the offense. What Rambis is putting in will help these guys get off on a stronger start next season with hopefully at least 2 new backcourt players. We'll likely lose either DWill or Thomas to free agency, can't see us having the money to sign both of them and also have money to get some backcourt help.

Lopez, Porzingis, Melo, Galloway, Afflalo (especially this less 1 on 1 AA version under Rambis) all fit within the system. If we can get a point guard this summer who can give us 15/5, we're going to be more than capable to be a playoff team next year. Sorry if I'm talking too much about next year, just looking forward to having some more talent to work with. As you see tonight, we have 2-3 guys every night who can give us 20-25 points up front (Melo, KP or Lopez, sometimes even DWill/Thomas steps up). In the backcourt we don't have those sort of guys. That's the balance we need.

SocraticBallin22

2/20/2016  10:42 PM
Watching the Rambo post game. He sounds a little bit like a cross between Christian Slater and Jack Nicholson lol
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

2/20/2016  10:58 PM
I am happy we finally won a game
Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/21/2016  3:01 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
WP76 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I think we should trade melo and rebuild like the twolves, get draft picks, and young assets..then we could be as good as they are

I get it...sarcasm, right?

yup

Wolves are actually in a good place going forward- their main problem up until now was horrific drafting. Now they have some pieces to build around. I'd happily swap our roster for theirs- their main problem now will be luring free agents.

TAB
Member: #6206

2/21/2016  9:48 AM
That was a good win and effort. And it doesn't mean jack. I appreciate the effort from the players we have though. I like to watch them play.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/21/2016  11:19 AM
From a TWolves blog on last nights game. (Link has more info including stuff that I am not able to copy and paste).
Watching Carmelo come down the floor and isolate against his man got me thinking – it wasn’t wrong to be excited to see Towns and Porzingis, two players who going to be big parts of the future of the league, just like it isn’t wrong to wish the Wolves would shoot more threes (12 for the night) or know the mathematical reality that isolation possessions are some of the least efficient in basketball. But the lesson I learned is that the future is still the future, and no matter what anyone thinks of Carmelo Anthony, watching him in the present, when he is locked in, is pretty damn fun, even if (especially when?) he’s sizing up his man and finessing his way into a nylon-tickling jumper or slithering to the hoop.

http://www.awolfamongwolves.com/2016/02/knicks-103-timberwolves-95-smooth-carmelo/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/21/2016  11:24 AM
CrushAlot wrote:From a TWolves blog on last nights game. (Link has more info including stuff that I am not able to copy and paste).
Watching Carmelo come down the floor and isolate against his man got me thinking – it wasn’t wrong to be excited to see Towns and Porzingis, two players who going to be big parts of the future of the league, just like it isn’t wrong to wish the Wolves would shoot more threes (12 for the night) or know the mathematical reality that isolation possessions are some of the least efficient in basketball. But the lesson I learned is that the future is still the future, and no matter what anyone thinks of Carmelo Anthony, watching him in the present, when he is locked in, is pretty damn fun, even if (especially when?) he’s sizing up his man and finessing his way into a nylon-tickling jumper or slithering to the hoop.

http://www.awolfamongwolves.com/2016/02/knicks-103-timberwolves-95-smooth-carmelo/

Yeah I was actually pretty happy with MELO last night. He used his old man game which is better for his knee. Just smart footwork and using his strength and skill to score. He used screens well and took very easy jumpers where he created just enough separation.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/21/2016  11:29 AM
A lot of KPs fouls last night was due to the backcourt getting beat and he had to cover. Jose and AA really are horrible perimeter defenders. Gallo is not much better.
TAB
Member: #6206

2/21/2016  11:48 AM
That is why people have a problem with Jimmer coming up. Rambis will have about as much impact on this team as Jimmer will by the way. He will never be a good coach. He is a poor man's Alvin Gentry who is a better assistant than head coach.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/21/2016  11:53 AM
TAB wrote:That is why people have a problem with Jimmer coming up. Rambis will have about as much impact on this team as Jimmer will by the way. He will never be a good coach. He is a poor man's Alvin Gentry who is a better assistant than head coach.

Most coaches aren't that special. THE most important thing is the talent on your roster. Then as long as you have a solid coach you can have a winning team. So far Rambis has made quality decisions. Not everything has been good but he has made some positive moves. We'll learn a lot more about Rambis the rest of the way.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/21/2016  12:05 PM
TAB wrote:That is why people have a problem with Jimmer coming up. Rambis will have about as much impact on this team as Jimmer will by the way. He will never be a good coach. He is a poor man's Alvin Gentry who is a better assistant than head coach.
Jimmer will constantly hit that 3 though and it will open it up for KP, Melo and Rolo in the middle. Gallo was awesome in the beginning when he was in the top 3 in the league in 3pt fg% age and it opened it up in the middle. We need that again.
Game Thread: Rambo 3: Knicks vs Twolves

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy