Author Thread
DJMUSIC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1283

2/19/2016  10:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:I would like to see a change in starters though. While playoffs look lost, might as well develop some of the younger players chemistry and cohesion. With all due respect to Jose and AA, they likely won't be here in 1-1.5 year, maybe even sooner. Try to play a little quicker with our bigger front court.

Lopez/Porzingis/Melo/Galloway/Grant

Make the bench stronger with DWill/Thomas/Afflalo/Calderon.

It's worth a try. If one thing you gotta give to Galloway/Grant, they have speed and they give defensive effort. Both will likely be back as Knicks next year, we should consider just giving them the remaining games to learn how to play better successful basketball. I mean it's one thing if we were winning games with Afflalo/Calderon, but considering we aren't, we should considering a longterm re-build in mind.

Totally agree with this. I've been saying over and over that our current starting 5 is too slow and unathletic with Jose, AA, Rolo and KP out there. That's part of the reason we've been falling behind early so much recently. I think a change in the starting 5 will be forthcoming.

Starters actually played well at start tonight. It was the 2nd half though. Yuck.
In general the Calderon/Afflalo/Melo/Porzingis/Lopez group got it chance. We've seen it.
Time to make some changes. The Knicks need some athleticism, speed, some guys that are not afraid to play man defense.

Just have to accept playoffs are shot, and be willing to finish the season with even 30 wins. If that's what it is, so be it. I'm willing to accept we don't win more than 6-8 more games, so long as we give the starting spots to Galloway/Grant and let them gain experience with KP, RoLO and Melo in the Triangle. Jose/Afflalo can come in off the bench, if they play really well they can close. If not we just stick with our starting 5 that helps the Knicks in the future.

I don't think Galloway or Grant will be Knicks starters on great teams, but giving them playing time now allows them to get major reps and confidence to grow as players. It helped Galloway a ton last year when he was allowed that PT. It'll help Grant as well. Just give them the time.

If there is a way to have Rolo or KP at the 5 to limit/eliminate KOQ/Seraphin I think that would help as well. I agree that it is time to transition the point guard job to Grant/Galloway.
If Jimmer doesn't pan out it might be a smart move to try Bachynski as the 2nd/3rd center for the Knicks. Bachynski is 7'2 and has had a much better second year at Westchester. 7'3 and 7'2 as the front line at times could be really nice.

jimmer cant hurt bring him on
He dont play D either?

But Love his shooting scoring

Rambis? Fisher?<gone>
Cleamons former Bulls/Cav/LAL & Knick

I thought Rambis , Cleamons,
and even Phil stressed Defense

Where is the D
?

Amazing Phils choices aren't so hot though K.Rambis has to end of NBA season to "NOT WIN" this
coaching job permanently, a good thing for Knick fans.

Thank God Hawaii 5 -0 was on
more action, outcome than knicks 7th straight loss.

The Team org, need to STOP TALKING bout NBA playoffs
at least for now, how about winning a game...? eh ?

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/19/2016  11:13 PM
We might as well be called the New York Fool's Gold. This team aleays does it: engage us with promise, make us fall into a harsh and pathetic reality and then talk all their garbage like they were an upcoming team just closing in on the playoffs. Rinse and repeat. Shut up and just lose, since its the best you can do.

Talk about the Raptors: in second place and a really unbelievable Bargnani trade when they were about to simply waive him will also have them in the lottery.

Pathetic

Knicks_Fan
DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

2/20/2016  12:01 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:For a Guy who loves to harp on and on about ball movement Phil did a poor job at hand picking guys that actually moved the ball.

Seraphail
Affalno
Lospaz
O'quit
D.Will-not

lets be honest so far phil hasnt shown he can be successful as a executive. His one shining moment is drafting KP. Either way i expect him to bolt to LA eventually

This is why I think the Dolan-blaming is a cop out. This team as currently structured from coaches to benchwarmers is on Jackson and Mills.

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
2/20/2016  3:14 PM
i went to the game last night, had great seats very close to the knicks bench, section 12 row 9 seats 1 & 2. huge knicks contingent in the crowd. the most striking thing to me was how poorly carmelo and afflalo played defense, and how sullen and joyless afflalo's demeanor is when he plays. his statline looks pretty solid, no doubt... except for his plus/minus, which is consistently bad, last night being no exception. he also made a back-breaking play to end the knicks chances of a comeback. but he did play a more self-contained game and passed the ball a bit more instead of going into bryant whirling dervish mode every goddamned time. i don't think he likes kp very much-- just a hunch from their interactions. williams looks tentative and is thinking too much out there. lopez had his way with lopez, totally outplayed him.

also how clear to me seeing calderon play live, is that he is merely half a point guard, ie no point guard at all. he is incapable of running a fast break, he's purely a half-court player. and why didn't he finish that one fast break opportunity he had?!?! galloway has to take over the point guard duties, or at least play more minutes than calderon. galloway can push the ball.

the knicks as a team passed the ball lazily which led to a TON of turnovers.

in spite of kp blocking his shot several times, wes matthews is a very very good player, a really good piece who looks like he may develop into an all-around all-star caliber player.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/20/2016  6:21 PM
dk7th wrote:i went to the game last night, had great seats very close to the knicks bench, section 12 row 9 seats 1 & 2. huge knicks contingent in the crowd. the most striking thing to me was how poorly carmelo and afflalo played defense, and how sullen and joyless afflalo's demeanor is when he plays. his statline looks pretty solid, no doubt... except for his plus/minus, which is consistently bad, last night being no exception. he also made a back-breaking play to end the knicks chances of a comeback. but he did play a more self-contained game and passed the ball a bit more instead of going into bryant whirling dervish mode every goddamned time. i don't think he likes kp very much-- just a hunch from their interactions. williams looks tentative and is thinking too much out there. lopez had his way with lopez, totally outplayed him.

also how clear to me seeing calderon play live, is that he is merely half a point guard, ie no point guard at all. he is incapable of running a fast break, he's purely a half-court player. and why didn't he finish that one fast break opportunity he had?!?! galloway has to take over the point guard duties, or at least play more minutes than calderon. galloway can push the ball.

in spite of kp blocking his shot several times, wes matthews is a very very good player, a really good piece who looks like he may develop into an all-around all-star caliber player.

Thaddeus Young?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
2/20/2016  10:28 PM
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:i went to the game last night, had great seats very close to the knicks bench, section 12 row 9 seats 1 & 2. huge knicks contingent in the crowd. the most striking thing to me was how poorly carmelo and afflalo played defense, and how sullen and joyless afflalo's demeanor is when he plays. his statline looks pretty solid, no doubt... except for his plus/minus, which is consistently bad, last night being no exception. he also made a back-breaking play to end the knicks chances of a comeback. but he did play a more self-contained game and passed the ball a bit more instead of going into bryant whirling dervish mode every goddamned time. i don't think he likes kp very much-- just a hunch from their interactions. williams looks tentative and is thinking too much out there. lopez had his way with lopez, totally outplayed him.

Thaddeus Young?

yeah that's who i meant.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Rambis Game 2, let's see how the boys come back after some time off

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy