[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rambis Game 2, let's see how the boys come back after some time off
Author Thread
SocraticBallin22
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6096

2/19/2016  10:16 PM
Rambis just said he liked what he saw from Jerian in this game and the team desperately needs his athleticism and penetration out of the backcourt. I completely agree with this. Look for Jerian to start playing more minutes going forward. This is a positive sign.
AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/19/2016  10:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/19/2016  10:19 PM
I would like to see a change in starters though. While playoffs look lost, might as well develop some of the younger players chemistry and cohesion. With all due respect to Jose and AA, they likely won't be here in 1-1.5 year, maybe even sooner. Try to play a little quicker with our bigger front court.

Lopez/Porzingis/Melo/Galloway/Grant (Average age of starting 5 is 26, which is legit young, unlike what we currently sport)

Make the bench stronger with DWill/Thomas/Afflalo/Calderon.

It's worth a try. If one thing you gotta give to Galloway/Grant, they have speed and they give defensive effort. Both will likely be back as Knicks next year, we should consider just giving them the remaining games to learn how to play better successful basketball. I mean it's one thing if we were winning games with Afflalo/Calderon, but considering we aren't, we should considering a longterm re-build in mind.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/19/2016  10:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Rookie wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
blkexec wrote:Fire Fisher..oh we already did. Why does it feel like he never left? Whos next to be fired? Phil the almighty triangle guru....who btw has no GM experience. ...When will Dolan learn to stop giving his money away.....All of Phills coaches hasnt looked too good.......Is that saying something? Undr any other GM Thibs wouldve beenthe coach by now.

My main hope is that Phil is pressured to give up the Triangle and bring in Thibs for an interview.

But Thibs makes his players play to hard in practice. Who would want that? I liked what the the Knicks were trying to do tonight, but to many turnovers in game conditions. They needed to play harder in practice to execute in a game IMHO. This would fix that but I guess NY fans don't want that

They did look different and better in the first quarter on offense. Maybe Kurt is trying to change too much on offense with too little practice time? Not sure but the calling card for most interim coaches tat come in and are successful is getting the team to play better defense. It seems like the focus might have been on fine tuning the offense.

Some people (not You) like to slam Thibs, but you can't argue his win/loss record. Rabbis has a long way to go to catch up, and maybe he even gets there some day, but I am not that patient.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
Thibs is at the OKC/pacers game.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

SocraticBallin22 wrote:Rambis just said he liked what he saw from Jerian in this game and the team desperately needs his athleticism and penetration out of the backcourt. I completely agree with this. Look for Jerian to start playing more minutes going forward. This is a positive sign.
thank god. Jerian needs to get minutes in order to get better
SocraticBallin22

2/19/2016  10:18 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I would like to see a change in starters though. While playoffs look lost, might as well develop some of the younger players chemistry and cohesion. With all due respect to Jose and AA, they likely won't be here in 1-1.5 year, maybe even sooner. Try to play a little quicker with our bigger front court.

Lopez/Porzingis/Melo/Galloway/Grant

It's worth a try. If one thing you gotta give to Galloway/Grant, they have speed and they give defensive effort. Both will likely be back as Knicks next year, we should consider just giving them the remaining games to learn how to play better successful basketball. I mean it's one thing if we were winning games with Afflalo/Calderon, but considering we aren't, we should considering a longterm re-build in mind.

Totally agree with this. I've been saying over and over that our current starting 5 is too slow and unathletic with Jose, AA, Rolo and KP out there. That's part of the reason we've been falling behind early so much recently. I think a change in the starting 5 will be forthcoming.

SocraticBallin22

2/19/2016  10:20 PM
BTW...Jimmer with 24 tonight for Westchester. I'm really intrigued to see what he can do for us offensively.
CrushAlot
USA
2/19/2016  10:21 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Rambis just said he liked what he saw from Jerian in this game and the team desperately needs his athleticism and penetration out of the backcourt. I completely agree with this. Look for Jerian to start playing more minutes going forward. This is a positive sign.

Thanks for posting that. I don't get the post game. It definitely is time to transition to Grant/Gallo at the point. I think Jose was really motivated tonight and just couldn't compete. Coming of 10 days rest the cagey older guy can usually bring it for at least one game.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/19/2016  10:22 PM
For a Guy who loves to harp on and on about ball movement Phil did a poor job at hand picking guys that actually moved the ball.

Seraphail
Affalno
Lospaz
O'quit
D.Will-not

Knicks1969
Member: #5915

2/19/2016  10:22 PM
Didn't watch the game, besides the final score how did we do?
Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/19/2016  10:23 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:I would like to see a change in starters though. While playoffs look lost, might as well develop some of the younger players chemistry and cohesion. With all due respect to Jose and AA, they likely won't be here in 1-1.5 year, maybe even sooner. Try to play a little quicker with our bigger front court.

Totally agree with this. I've been saying over and over that our current starting 5 is too slow and unathletic with Jose, AA, Rolo and KP out there. That's part of the reason we've been falling behind early so much recently. I think a change in the starting 5 will be forthcoming.

Starters actually played well at start tonight. It was the 2nd half though. Yuck.
In general the Calderon/Afflalo/Melo/Porzingis/Lopez group got it chance. We've seen it.
Time to make some changes. The Knicks need some athleticism, speed, some guys that are not afraid to play man defense.

Just have to accept playoffs are shot, and be willing to finish the season with even 30 wins. If that's what it is, so be it. I'm willing to accept we don't win more than 6-8 more games, so long as we give the starting spots to Galloway/Grant and let them gain experience with KP, RoLO and Melo in the Triangle. Jose/Afflalo can come in off the bench, if they play really well they can close. If not we just stick with our starting 5 that helps the Knicks in the future.

I don't think Galloway or Grant will be Knicks starters on great teams, but giving them playing time now allows them to get major reps and confidence to grow as players. It helped Galloway a ton last year when he was allowed that PT. It'll help Grant as well. Just give them the time.

StarksEwing1

2/19/2016  10:24 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:For a Guy who loves to harp on and on about ball movement Phil did a poor job at hand picking guys that actually moved the ball.

Seraphail
Affalno
Lospaz
O'quit
D.Will-not

lets be honest so far phil hasnt shown he can be successful as a executive. His one shining moment is drafting KP. Either way i expect him to bolt to LA eventually
Dagger
Member: #4184

2/19/2016  10:26 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

KP and AA are actually athletic, the problem is just our starting point guard is so slow it doesn't matter.

SocraticBallin22

2/19/2016  10:27 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

Starters actually played well at start tonight. It was the 2nd half though. Yuck.
In general the Calderon/Afflalo/Melo/Porzingis/Lopez group got it chance. We've seen it.
Time to make some changes. The Knicks need some athleticism, speed, some guys that are not afraid to play man defense.

Just have to accept playoffs are shot, and be willing to finish the season with even 30 wins. If that's what it is, so be it. I'm willing to accept we don't win more than 6-8 more games, so long as we give the starting spots to Galloway/Grant and let them gain experience with KP, RoLO and Melo in the Triangle. Jose/Afflalo can come in off the bench, if they play really well they can close. If not we just stick with our starting 5 that helps the Knicks in the future.

I don't think Galloway or Grant will be Knicks starters on great teams, but giving them playing time now allows them to get major reps and confidence to grow as players. It helped Galloway a ton last year when he was allowed that PT. It'll help Grant as well. Just give them the time.

Great points. At some point this season, you have to hand the reigns over to Jerian to see what we have in him before next season and allow him to devolop. He is part of our future, and--honestly--he's the only guard on our team that is athletic enough to dribble by his defender and get to the rim. He just needs confidence and minutes. Gallo is a solid rotation combo guard off the bench. I would even not mind seeing what Jimmer can do when given starter minutes at the point. From what I've seen, his ball handling has gotten better along with his court vision and he's always a threat on the court. I look forward to these changes.

SocraticBallin22

2/19/2016  10:28 PM
Dagger wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

KP and AA are actually athletic, the problem is just our starting point guard is so slow it doesn't matter.

AA is fine athleticialy. KP right now is athletic at the 5, not the 4. He is too slow footed at the 4.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/19/2016  10:33 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:For a Guy who loves to harp on and on about ball movement Phil did a poor job at hand picking guys that actually moved the ball.

Seraphail
Affalno
Lospaz
O'quit
D.Will-not

lets be honest so far phil hasnt shown he can be successful as a executive. His one shining moment is drafting KP. Either way i expect him to bolt to LA eventually

That's why I hope Shelly wants her man this summer. Maybe the knicks could receive some compensation for letting him go. The only problem I could see is Dolan/Thomas taking over again.

StarksEwing1

2/19/2016  10:35 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Seraphail
Affalno
Lospaz
O'quit
D.Will-not

That's why I hope Shelly wants her man this summer. Maybe the knicks could receive some compensation for letting him go. The only problem I could see is Dolan/Thomas taking over again.

it all comes down to dolan. Its funny he leaves the rangers alone but not the knicks
CrushAlot
USA
2/19/2016  10:36 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

If there is a way to have Rolo or KP at the 5 to limit/eliminate KOQ/Seraphin I think that would help as well. I agree that it is time to transition the point guard job to Grant/Galloway.
If Jimmer doesn't pan out it might be a smart move to try Bachynski as the 2nd/3rd center for the Knicks. Bachynski is 7'2 and has had a much better second year at Westchester. 7'3 and 7'2 as the front line at times could be really nice.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/19/2016  10:39 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:The only good news about losing is that it puts more pressure on melo to accept a trade and we can build the right way around kp

Ummm NO, The right way? Excellent meaningless descriptive. So no Melo and lots more of Grant like hyped up college players that flop in the pros. Then add
other teams throw aways like DWill, Rolos, KO, Seraphins who people think will all of a sudden change. Do you watch basketball? You do realize how many guys from the draft actually make it? Get a clue. We need more Melo level guys not less. You dreamer fans make me laugh. Talk up all possible pick ups like they are the next MJ's only to disappear when they show their true talent level. Please tell me the superstar we gave up to Denver via our picks that you feel so bad we lost. And please tell me which draft pick we have had in last 16 years that has turned things around? The right way is to have at least three high level players and hope other good players want to play with them to win a chip. The draft is just a lottery. And BTW, did you watch tonight's game? And you think the problem is Melo? Not the scrap that surrounds him? Come on. What a joke.

do i watch basketball? Yes, in fact i have played every day since i was 4 so i think i know a little about it

So your 8? Lol. Listen, I am sure you know basketball. I just don't think the answer is starting from scratch. I just don't want another 5 to 10 years of rebuilding, which hasno guarantee. We have two good players. We should attract one more high level player and sure add some young talent. But talent that has been proven in the pros. Just not big on rookies. They need lots of time to grow. And not always do. You need a crystal ball to succeed in the draft. And again, Denver did what you claim you want to do when they traded Melo. And how did that work? They just started all over again.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
StarksEwing1

2/19/2016  10:46 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:The only good news about losing is that it puts more pressure on melo to accept a trade and we can build the right way around kp

Ummm NO, The right way? Excellent meaningless descriptive. So no Melo and lots more of Grant like hyped up college players that flop in the pros. Then add
other teams throw aways like DWill, Rolos, KO, Seraphins who people think will all of a sudden change. Do you watch basketball? You do realize how many guys from the draft actually make it? Get a clue. We need more Melo level guys not less. You dreamer fans make me laugh. Talk up all possible pick ups like they are the next MJ's only to disappear when they show their true talent level. Please tell me the superstar we gave up to Denver via our picks that you feel so bad we lost. And please tell me which draft pick we have had in last 16 years that has turned things around? The right way is to have at least three high level players and hope other good players want to play with them to win a chip. The draft is just a lottery. And BTW, did you watch tonight's game? And you think the problem is Melo? Not the scrap that surrounds him? Come on. What a joke.

do i watch basketball? Yes, in fact i have played every day since i was 4 so i think i know a little about it

So your 8? Lol. Listen, I am sure you know basketball. I just don't think the answer is starting from scratch. I just don't want another 5 to 10 years of rebuilding, which hasno guarantee. We have two good players. We should attract one more high level player and sure add some young talent. But talent that has been proven in the pros. Just not big on rookies. They need lots of time to grow. And not always do. You need a crystal ball to succeed in the draft. And again, Denver did what you claim you want to do when they traded Melo. And how did that work? They just started all over again.

well thats not really what i suggested. My point was considering melos age and recent injury history it might be wise to trade him before he totally breaks down. I can tell you dont value the draft which is fine but lets be honest trading draft picks has made us suck for 15 years.
Rambis Game 2, let's see how the boys come back after some time off

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy