[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rambis Game 2, let's see how the boys come back after some time off
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
2/19/2016  9:53 PM
Bad loss. It was weird but the Knicks never seemed to adjust to the help D of the Nets or the manhandling that was going on. Nets obviously wanted to play physical and put a body on every Knick player. Knicks weren't smart enough to use that aggression against the Nets and look to draw fouls.
AUTOADVERT
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

2/19/2016  9:55 PM
nixluva wrote:Bad loss. It was weird but the Knicks never seemed to adjust to the help D of the Nets or the manhandling that was going on. Nets obviously wanted to play physical and put a body on every Knick player. Knicks weren't smart enough to use that aggression against the Nets and look to draw fouls.

That's what I don't like about the triangle. It allows defenses to pressure and play you up close because they know what spots you are going to and where the ball is going. Also, no fear of screens makes it easier to crowd the ball handler.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

nixluva wrote:Bad loss. It was weird but the Knicks never seemed to adjust to the help D of the Nets or the manhandling that was going on. Nets obviously wanted to play physical and put a body on every Knick player. Knicks weren't smart enough to use that aggression against the Nets and look to draw fouls.
we obviously need more talent but im praying we scrap the triangle and let the next coach run his own system
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
crzymdups wrote:
blkexec wrote:Fire Fisher..oh we already did. Why does it feel like he never left? Whos next to be fired? Phil the almighty triangle guru....who btw has no GM experience. ...When will Dolan learn to stop giving his money away.....All of Phills coaches hasnt looked too good.......Is that saying something? Undr any other GM Thibs wouldve beenthe coach by now.

My main hope is that Phil is pressured to give up the Triangle and bring in Thibs for an interview.

Yeah. I don't think Rambis is keeping the job. I hope Phil stays away from Shaw.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/19/2016  9:56 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
blkexec wrote:Fire Fisher..oh we already did. Why does it feel like he never left? Whos next to be fired? Phil the almighty triangle guru....who btw has no GM experience. ...When will Dolan learn to stop giving his money away.....All of Phills coaches hasnt looked too good.......Is that saying something? Undr any other GM Thibs wouldve beenthe coach by now.

My main hope is that Phil is pressured to give up the Triangle and bring in Thibs for an interview.

Yeah. I don't think Rambis is keeping the job. I hope Phil stays away from Shaw.

I think Dolan may step in at some point soon... we shall see...

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/19/2016  9:57 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
phil definetly hasnt earned much praise. Besides drafting KP he hasnt made many good moves. The triangle just doesnt work time to move on

I still don't see it as a Triangle thing. This is about the players IMO. Didn't like the energy from many of the players tonight. Example being the Nets scrubs gave much better effort n energy!!! That's really what it was.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/19/2016  9:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/19/2016  9:58 PM
crzymdups wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Also didnt like how Thomas wasnt the first off the bench. Didnt seem as active. Played Calderon too long for one stretch, would have been a better option than Gallo in the 4th if Calderon wasnt gassed. He was hitting his shots, even taking it to the rim.

If KOQ isnt hitting that mid range jumper, then he shouldnt be playing. His ability to score often starts from there.

KOQ and Seraphin are both awful.

We really need to look into adding JJ Hickson. I'm sure we won't. But we really ought to.

Fortunately there werent any quick fixes at the deadline so there should be some better options available this summer. Cant get much worse right now yikes.

crzymdups
USA
2/19/2016  9:58 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
phil definetly hasnt earned much praise. Besides drafting KP he hasnt made many good moves. The triangle just doesnt work time to move on

I still don't see it as a Triangle thing. This is about the players IMO. Didn't like the energy from many of the players tonight. Example being the Nets scrubs gave much better effort n energy!!! That's really what it was.

The Triangle certainly leads to a lot of terrible passes and turnovers. At least with this team.

It's not the right system for these players. And the players were supposedly hand picked for this system. So what does that tell you?

The best the Knicks have looked in the past three weeks is when they were running the Rolo/Melo pick and roll at the top of the key - the one that probably help get Fisher fired because it was not Triangle enough.

¿ △ ?
StarksEwing1

2/19/2016  9:59 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

its time for a new system. Most agree and hopefully the next coach gets his freedom
wh4t
Member: #6039
USA
2/19/2016  10:04 PM
Unacceptable man.
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

2/19/2016  10:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/19/2016  10:05 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

its time for a new system. Most agree and hopefully the next coach gets his freedom

Wally just told the truth in the post game. He said how the triangle offense leads only to mid range jump shots and once those jump shots stop falling, which they will at some point, it's so tough to score. He said that the team gets no layups or dunks--high percentage shots and it kills them. That's the brutal truth.

crzymdups
USA
2/19/2016  10:04 PM
I really wonder what Mr. Dolan thinks after tonight. He's not gonna like losing to Brooklyn.
¿ △ ?
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/19/2016  10:06 PM
crzymdups wrote:

But Thibs makes his players play to hard in practice. Who would want that? I liked what the the Knicks were trying to do tonight, but to many turnovers in game conditions. They needed to play harder in practice to execute in a game IMHO. This would fix that but I guess NY fans don't want that

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/19/2016  10:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/19/2016  10:09 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:The only good news about losing is that it puts more pressure on melo to accept a trade and we can build the right way around kp

Ummm NO, The right way? Excellent meaningless descriptive. So no Melo and lots more of Grant like hyped up college players that flop in the pros. Then add other teams throw aways like DWill, Rolos, KO, Seraphins who people think will all of a sudden change. Do you watch basketball? You do realize how many guys from the draft actually make it? Get a clue. We need more Melo level guys not less. You dreamer fans make me laugh. Talk up all possible pick ups like they are the next MJ's only to disappear when they show their true talent level. The right way? You mean what Denver did a few years ago? How that work out? Please tell me the superstar we gave up to Denver via our picks that you feel so bad we lost. And please tell me which draft pick we have had in last 16 years that has turned things around? The right way is to have at least three high level players and hope other good players want to play with them to win a chip. The draft is just a lottery. And BTW, did you watch tonight's game? And you think the problem is Melo? Not the scrap that surrounds him? Come on. What a joke.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

2/19/2016  10:09 PM
crzymdups wrote:I really wonder what Mr. Dolan thinks after tonight. He's not gonna like losing to Brooklyn.

Does he really care? I thought he handed the keys over in lieu of guitar picks and O'Douls?

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
crzymdups
USA
2/19/2016  10:10 PM
DrAlphaeus wrote:
crzymdups wrote:I really wonder what Mr. Dolan thinks after tonight. He's not gonna like losing to Brooklyn.

Does he really care? I thought he handed the keys over in lieu of guitar picks and O'Douls?

I have a feeling we will find out soon. This is gonna get worse before it gets better. Assuming it gets better eventually. Which it might not.

¿ △ ?
StarksEwing1

2/19/2016  10:10 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:The only good news about losing is that it puts more pressure on melo to accept a trade and we can build the right way around kp

Ummm NO, The right way? Excellent meaningless descriptive. So no Melo and lots more of Grant like hyped up college players that flop in the pros. Then add
other teams throw aways like DWill, Rolos, KO, Seraphins who people think will all of a sudden change. Do you watch basketball? You do realize how many guys from the draft actually make it? Get a clue. We need more Melo level guys not less. You dreamer fans make me laugh. Talk up all possible pick ups like they are the next MJ's only to disappear when they show their true talent level. Please tell me the superstar we gave up to Denver via our picks that you feel so bad we lost. And please tell me which draft pick we have had in last 16 years that has turned things around? The right way is to have at least three high level players and hope other good players want to play with them to win a chip. The draft is just a lottery. And BTW, did you watch tonight's game? And you think the problem is Melo? Not the scrap that surrounds him? Come on. What a joke.

do i watch basketball? Yes, in fact i have played every day since i was 4 so i think i know a little about it
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/19/2016  10:11 PM
Rookie wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

But Thibs makes his players play to hard in practice. Who would want that? I liked what the the Knicks were trying to do tonight, but to many turnovers in game conditions. They needed to play harder in practice to execute in a game IMHO. This would fix that but I guess NY fans don't want that

They did look different and better in the first quarter on offense. Maybe Kurt is trying to change too much on offense with too little practice time? Not sure but the calling card for most interim coaches tat come in and are successful is getting the team to play better defense. It seems like the focus might have been on fine tuning the offense.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1

2/19/2016  10:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Rookie wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

They did look different and better in the first quarter on offense. Maybe Kurt is trying to change too much on offense with too little practice time? Not sure but the calling card for most interim coaches tat come in and are successful is getting the team to play better defense. It seems like the focus might have been on fine tuning the offense.
they started off terrific. Then they started to make dumb turnovers and it went to hell quickly
crzymdups
USA
2/19/2016  10:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Rookie wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

We know that came from above though, right? It's almost like Phil is more concerned with running the Triangle right than... anything else?

¿ △ ?
Rambis Game 2, let's see how the boys come back after some time off

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy