if the knicks stay realtively healthy next year
Topic LOCKED
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/28/2004  11:45 AM
ah yes.. endearing yourself to the masses again.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
7/28/2004  12:16 PM
Umm what questions haven't I answered? It seemed that the only thing troubling you was the timeliness of my responses. Geez, talk about getting your panties in a bunch.

Hehe, the panties are fine, thankyou. And yours? Don't let 'em get too deep.

You answered my questions only when I called you out on it. And then you edited a previous post to make it appear as if you had answered them. So, yea, the fact that you don't answer questions in a timely manner does irk me. But, hey, as long as you answer them, you can take your sweet time.

I said my method of "rebuilding" through trading economic assets ensures a more competitive team in the short-term than a crash and rebuild strategy. How is that not guaranteed?
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
7/28/2004  1:06 PM
You answered my questions only when I called you out on it. And then you edited a previous post to make it appear as if you had answered them. So, yea, the fact that you don't answer questions in a timely manner does irk me. But, hey, as long as you answer them, you can take your sweet time.

Ok, first of all that answer to your initial question was up there long before you ever "called me out" on anything. Why else would I be puzzled as to why you were still asking for an answer when I felt I had already given you one?

I really do appreciate you letting me take my sweet time to answer questions instead of forcing me to answer them according to your schedule.

I said my method of "rebuilding" through trading economic assets ensures a more competitive team in the short-term than a crash and rebuild strategy. How is that not guaranteed?

Actually what you said was:

"Being a very competitive, entertaining team is ensured by my method."

Like I said, you can't possibly ensure that with any method of rebuilding. If you want to change it to the other statement then I agree with you, obviously if you're going to be more competitive in the short term with a mediocre team than a team that's looking to build from the ground up.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
codeunknown
7/28/2004  1:10 PM
No thanks, Ill stick to the original statement. Are you arguing that our current team, constructed more or less by my method, is not very competitive and entertaining?
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
islesfan
7/28/2004  1:18 PM
When compared to a team that's looking to pare payroll and get into the lottery? There's no doubt that our current team is more competitive and entertaining. The question is who'll be in better position for the future and who will be competing for a championship sooner rather than later instead of being stuck in mediocrity.

[Edited by - islesfan on 07/28/2004 13:30:02]
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
codeunknown
7/28/2004  1:22 PM
Who's stuck in mediocrity? Isiah's making trades. Wooooo!!!
islesfan
7/28/2004  1:29 PM
Another happy Kool-Aid drinker.
codeunknown
7/28/2004  1:38 PM
Better to be drinking kool-aid than the hatorade of a lottery team.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/28/2004  1:47 PM
Posted by codeunknown:

Good one; yeah, I'd rather drink kool-aid than brain-cell-killing Isiah-hatorade
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/28/2004  1:49 PM
Posted by codeunknown:

Who's stuck in mediocrity? Isiah's making trades. Wooooo!!!
That's a good point; he's done more in seven months than I expected
islesfan
7/28/2004  2:02 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by codeunknown:

Good one; yeah, I'd rather drink kool-aid than brain-cell-killing Isiah-hatorade

You really should have left it alone. That was like a little kid hiding behind his big brother adding a "yo momma" comment after it was all said and done.
Topic LOCKED
if the knicks stay realtively healthy next year

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy