[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kittles
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/25/2004  10:47 AM
doesnt kittles makes sense for us? we have all these big name players we want to go after--wouldnt kittles fill the bill as a guy who can start 2 if needed or play 6th man--can also move over to three and bring the ball up court--has length athletiscm a nice jumpshot+ an ending contract? if things go sour for us-hes almost a lock type player who can bring us bak a number 1 pick at the TD.

NJ has no PF NONE. why dont we give them a package of othella a re-signed demarr and deke for kittles and NJs number 2 pick in 2005
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/25/2004  10:52 AM
If we're gonna give up both Deke and Othella for a guard, I'd much rather it be Jamal. (And reports indicate that the Bulls were willing to do the trade if Deke was included instead of Moochie.)
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/25/2004  11:14 AM
NJ is going to be hesitant to make any deals w/their division rivals, especially the NY Knicks...i don't see it happening.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/25/2004  11:40 AM
i dont like crawford for 10mm per + taking on salaries. i like crawford for the mLE. kittles is a normal sized SG who can play D and his expiring contract could be worth a ton at the deadline because hes a good player. buying 10mm worth of crawford a year is risky+ we are married to him
RIP Crushalot😞
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/25/2004  1:33 PM
Crawford has star potential and is young, while Kittles is older but you know you're getting a solid player. I'd still like to get Crawford in here, but I'd welcome Kittles is something can't be done. I just don't see NJ going for any deal we can offer. I think that Nazr would fit well with them, but we can't really afford to give up our size for Kittles.
nyballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #108
USA
7/25/2004  1:37 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

doesnt kittles makes sense for us? we have all these big name players we want to go after--wouldnt kittles fill the bill as a guy who can start 2 if needed or play 6th man--can also move over to three and bring the ball up court--has length athletiscm a nice jumpshot+ an ending contract? if things go sour for us-hes almost a lock type player who can bring us bak a number 1 pick at the TD.

NJ has no PF NONE. why dont we give them a package of othella a re-signed demarr and deke for kittles and NJs number 2 pick in 2005
theres no way they take othella and dermarr for kittles. you said it yourself, hes an expiring contract with tons of value, much more than othella even though they both expire after the year. its rumored that kittles can be packaged to get them shareef, you think theyre going to give him up for othella? a guy who cant even break into the knicks' rotation? if they wanted to get a medicore power forward they could do much better than kittles for harrington and dermarr, a guy who might not even make the knicks roster
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/25/2004  2:40 PM
I think if we want a player like Kittles we potentially have one in the making- Ariza.

It seems that he is going to make the team- he just needs to develop a outside J.

And Kittles is past his prime- please no more past their prime players!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/25/2004  3:22 PM
The only thing I like about Kittles is his expiring contract, but I wouldn't use our expiring contracts to get him.
RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
7/25/2004  3:53 PM
crawfords value is at PG not SG, he is undersized for SG. Many people are getting caught up with the "names of people" rather than the needs we need.

How many times last year did a absolute nobody go for a double double in pts and rebounds against us last year? How many times did some big body go straight up and dunk it on us? How many times did some big body with no skill wutsovever back down and did a baby hook or turn around and dunk it on us? How many players(big bodyes) do we have that can go straight up and dunk? Our best one is nazr, and hes a backup center at most.

Come on guys, dont go for the hype on players and their names but rather identify our needs. We are a 100mill + payroll already. We better show great improvement this year and everyear after to make it worth it for dolan to pay his extra luxuray tax. Our needs is a big man. I still would like to add a big body like dampier and another shot blocker. Like Keon Clark. We dont need any help in scoring. Jamal just doesnt make much sense, not at 10mill a year. I dont know if houston will be back but I will give some minutes to develop ariza at the 2 if needed, where he wont be greatly undersized. And what about penny and frank williams and marbary back court? It would be nice to get a replacement for houston but its not our priority. Remeber that blazer team....
Sabonis, Rasheed, pippen, bonzi, stoudamire, steve smith, scrempth, dale davis....
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/25/2004  4:23 PM
man, the only thing good about kittles is his expiring contract. i suggested a houston for kittles and zo trade before LAST season. that way, we get houston off the books, nj gets the player they needed to put them over the hump and we get an expiring deal this season. a pure financial move.

as a fit for this team, i don't like it. he's not a pure jumpshooter and that's what we need from the 2G position, especially with marbury and tim. i wouldn't trade an expiring deal + others for him. if we can't move kurt, then i would trade kurt for him FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE of moving kittles at the allstar break and that's it. making a move to put him on this team to actually play and help doesn't make sense.
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
7/25/2004  5:33 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

I am sure that NJ would love to take Deke and his 5 mil salary after deciding last year to buy him out and pay almost all of his slaray.
Kittles

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy