[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Walker wants to come to the Knicks
Author Thread
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
7/25/2004  12:49 PM
It seems I'm talkin to a wall of BRIGGS lol. Last time I checked TT could not guard any of the fast SF's either. Walker is most likley a better defener then TT. So your argument on how Walker can't play SF is bs. TT should not be playin SF either by your logic. You do realize that TT is 6 10 250? Don't sound like a SF to me either, but we got him playin SF nevertheless. Walker is a great ballhandler, so I dont understand you sayin that LJ was a great ballhandler and Walker wasnt. Seems to me we are suck in certain stereotypes of players and fail to see that TT according to those conventions is not a SF either, yet he plays there.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/25/2004  1:57 PM
Walker is not a good defender. He's ok on help, he's not ok man to man. He is an excellent rebounder and his numbers prove it. He's an excellent scorer and his numbers prove it. He's an excellent playmaker and his numbers prove it. He good in the open court, he can handle the ball, he's terrible streaky from long range.

Your right about the KT vs. Walker matchup. There is a reason the Celtics beat us like 14-15 times over a 4 year period. Walker simply abused KT, Spoon, Othella or whatever scrub we put on him. This guy can play. If you want to post and harp on his negatives all day go ahead, but somehow saying this guy isnt an asset to any team is just a waste of bandwidth.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/25/2004  2:57 PM
Anyone else a little concerned that part of Walker's logic for coming back East is that would be easier for him to be an all star?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/25/2004  3:15 PM
Posted by VDesai:

Anyone else a little concerned that part of Walker's logic for coming back East is that would be easier for him to be an all star?
I didn't hear him say that, but if he did, I don't care--EVERY NBA player should have the goal of being an all-star (and winning a championship). If he plays like an all-star, I'm sure he'll help us get wins too
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/25/2004  3:24 PM
Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with him trying to the best he can be. I just don't like that he concedes the fact that he can't compete for an all star spot in the West and wants to go East because it would be easier for him. Play well, be a team player and people will recognize you whether you're on all star team or not.
Walker wants to come to the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy