[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

question????
Author Thread
mikesknicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #684
USA
7/23/2004  3:21 PM
Why is it that all of these trades are happening and there's only one day at most before the deal gets down and the knicks deals are taking weeks?!!!
In the Knick of time. Knickal for Your thoughts.
AUTOADVERT
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
7/23/2004  3:35 PM
I think it's because of the players involved: Dampier and Crawford. Isiah is not going to give up just anyone just for the sake of making the trade. He is trying to substitute players in trades to make them work so he can make other trades and not be trapped with no players, and not being able to make any more trades. I think Crawford and Dampier will be a Knick if not by the trading deadline in the middle of the season. We shall see. Only time can tell. But yeah, I'm upset just like you are upset due to the fact that we see all of these trades happening, and nothing for the Knicks.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/23/2004  3:50 PM
couple of things to remember. Orlando has one (major) paper that covers the magic. NY has like 5, and 2 of which are tabloids that publish rumor with no regard for fact or source. So much of what we hear is bunk. If half of the deals happened that the tabloids say would happen Kobe, Walker, Van Ex, Dampier, Swift and Crawford would all be Knicks right now.

The rumors are such because unlike Layden who was guarding nuclear secrets Isiah candidly says he is interested in a player.

For the last 5 years the Knicks have been a trading doormat and grossly overpay for deal to get done. My guess is Isiah is simply refusing to budge. Of course if I wrote for the post I would say that Isiah simply refuses to budge. I just dont know that for a fact
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/23/2004  4:54 PM
I think LIKF and Fishmike are both right about this. Isiah doesn't want to trade all of his trading pieces in one swap, and the tabloid Post may kill deals every now and then as well.

I think something very well could get done this Summer, but I wouldn't die if nothing happened. Hey Fishmike, I like your idea of getting Ron Artest.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
question????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy