[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Drew Gooden traded to the Cavs!
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/23/2004  5:58 PM
Good trade....

Drew Gooden is double double season waiting to happen. Trust me....they are gonna have a good athletic team riding behind Lebron.

You guys kill me with that role player BS. Drew would have been a solid Knick.....you guys know this Dampier and Crawford stuff is BS....Knicks should have a plan B and try and make these simple trades like everyone else seems to be doing.

Isiah wants to rule the world in one season. I like that idea but the league if filled with guys that can be had besides the two he seems to be in love with.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
7/23/2004  6:10 PM
The thing is that the Magic were probably calling all around the league trying to dump Gooden & change for some decent big men.

Perhaps Nazr could have netted us Gooden. I'm gonna throw up now. :)
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
simrud
Member: #474
USA
7/23/2004  6:38 PM
The Orlando GM is a complete moron. How can you be so stupid? I am a at a loss for words on this one.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/23/2004  7:59 PM
Posted by simrud:

The Orlando GM is a complete moron. How can you be so stupid? I am a at a loss for words on this one.

If someone had made this trade idea Im sure most people would have agreed that the Magic would never do such a lopsided deal...

Knicks_Fan
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/23/2004  9:11 PM
i bet wed do much better if we went after deals like this. trying to pay craford 9mm and dampier 10mm per year and taking back a bunch of crd is a tad scary. dampier or crawford for the mle is fine, but the big money long term could be laydumbish
RIP Crushalot😞
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
7/23/2004  9:58 PM
The Cavs and possbily the 76ers are better than the Knicks at this point.

That makes 5 teams (Cle, Phil, Mia, Det, Ind) better than the Knicks.

Not to mention the Nets possibly getting Rodney White and Abdur-Rahim. The Knicks now need to land Crawford and can hopefully get Dampier just to keep up.
#Knickstaps
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/23/2004  11:16 PM
The orlando magic is one pathetic organization.....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/24/2004  2:58 AM
Just one comment--- how is Philly better than us? They just gave up a pretty good player in Snow for a journeyman PG (Ollie). Big downgrade--- unless of course Iverson is going to be taking up the starting PG minutes. Snow was good and big enough to take a lot of heat off of Iverson--- now they'll be exposed. I just don't see how they're better than the Knicks.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
simrud
USA
7/25/2004  1:32 AM
I'd hold of on proclaming the Cavs better then us just yet. And the Sixers gor worse if anything. They traded away Snow for total garbage in a yet another boneheaded GM move of this twilight zone offseason.

Gooden is a much better scorer then Boozer, but it remains to be see how he feets into the Cavs system and whether he can be a good defender and a strong rebounder. As one of my freinds puts it, he could be the black Van Horn, a skilled player who is good in a lot of things but not great in any facet of the game and lacks the fire that makes somebody special.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/25/2004  9:41 PM
You guys are so freaking smart.

Gooden now on his third team in two seasons.

West trades him half way thu his rookie season, and he loses his starting job to Juwan Howard.

And you assume the Magic are so smart.

Lets see, Gooden is the top party guy in the league, has a bloated obnoxious "entourage", and a lousy work ethic.

This guy got "dumped" by the magic, and the cavs are despirate.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/25/2004  11:32 PM
Posted by Nalod:

West trades him half way thu his rookie season, and he loses his starting job to Juwan Howard.

Lets see, Gooden is the top party guy in the league, has a bloated obnoxious "entourage", and a lousy work ethic.

yea, that is odd that gooden's value is so low, cleveland is desperate, but you know nalod, around here if a guy was a lottery pick, is still young and still breathing, everyone thinks he is a future star.. It says a lot about gooden's value when teams are trying to give him away, but the magic organization is still pathetic, they basically turned Mike miller into tony battie...???
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/25/2004  11:54 PM
you never know what is hogwash and what isnt in the media, but if gooden had problems concerning partying and guys he had with him, the Orlando Magic shouldve taken some disciplinary steps.

I think that Clev did pretty darn good considering how bad they scrwd up. They got Gooden for nothing and although some knick fans have a desperate need for their players to be making 20mm per year, Gooden's cost-court production, size -skills- athletiscm + age is as good a replacement as they were going to get.
RIP Crushalot😞
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/26/2004  5:48 AM
the question is not "how the hell did the cavs get gooden when we did not" but "Did we need him ?"

The answer is no. We have sweet who will be much more valuavble than gooden who has been traded already twice in 2 yrs. Orlando fans didn't loike at all and he's said to have a big attitude problem (like I'm the best player in the world).

I don't care a **** about gooden and I don't see how philly or the cavs would be better than us.

We have a good starting five and a real bench. Can all those teams say that ?

we're much better than last yr, and than people think.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/26/2004  9:49 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by Nalod:

yea, that is odd that gooden's value is so low, cleveland is desperate, but you know nalod, around here if a guy was a lottery pick, is still young and still breathing, everyone thinks he is a future star.. It says a lot about gooden's value when teams are trying to give him away, but the magic organization is still pathetic, they basically turned Mike miller into tony battie...???

I don't understand the fixation on former lotto picks. Booze was a 2nd rounder who was passed over, and put in the time. He is an olympian. We can go on and on about lotto picks whom did not live up to the hype. And true, we don't know what media hype there is, but alot of time teams don't bash players to kill their market value on purpose. This guy got dumped plain and simple. West Dumped him once he got into his head and figured him out. sure he has potential, always did. But some players actually fulfil it, and some just don't.

All this, and I don't have great respect for the Magic either.

simrud
USA
7/26/2004  5:55 PM
Why don't we get the facts straight for a change.

Gooden is traded halfway through the season to the Magic who at that time are struggling to make the playoff picture, contending with, for example, the sorry Layden Knicks.

Raptors go on with Giricek (who btw also came over in that trade) and Gordon as there starters to make the playoffs with ease and play very well in them.

Next offseason, the Magic sine Howard to a 100 year deal for a lot of money. Why, well, they are the Magic, who the heck knows why.

Howard is made the defacto starter because well, thats why he got a huge deal, to start at his positoin the PF.

Giricek starts of the year on IL, Gooden on the bench. The Orlando lineup fitures Britton and undrafted rook at SF, Howard at PF, Lue at PG, and Tmac. Gooden is forced to play C. Which he is not by any means. Despite beatin the still sorry/chokers Chaney/Layden Knicks who manage to give the game away despite the Magic trying hard to loose, Orlando goes on to a very very bad season. Everything go stouh on them, includin Tmac. Gooden is pouting. Who would not be? Your start player is contemplating retirement rather then earn his dough. Your coach has been fired, and the new one stinks. You organizatoin is the biggest joke outside of the then Ladyen Knicks.

So fast forward, Magic looses Tmac, great move right (I'm kiddin, just makin sure). Then they decide to conintue moving out the witnesses of the disaster. Gooden is moved out for Battie. Battie, who is nothign more then a solid backup C.

The Grizz team that Gooden was on has Gasol, Wright, Swift, as ther bigmen, they harldy need Gooden. They needed outside shooting. They get Mile Miller. That is the only reasonable move in Gooden's career. Other then that it makes no sense.
simrud
USA
7/26/2004  5:56 PM
the raptors are supposed to be the magic, sorry lol
Drew Gooden traded to the Cavs!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy