RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Knicks1969
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5915

2/7/2016  4:35 PM
BRIGGS wrote:6 games out w 30 to go and losing to bad teams at home

Who do you blame??

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/7/2016  4:52 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:

Who do you blame??

Well no blame. It was a very bad mistake not paying Alex. I'm not sure what continuity will continue here a lot of questions. Not Phil's fault that we traded away draft pick that was Jim Dolan I think phil needs to be flexible in how he views guards and how the nba works now. We'd also been better off paying Barton than Affalo with perhaps an extra year

RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

2/7/2016  4:58 PM
playoffs? what do we need the playoffs for?

It just sucks that we suck and our offense looks like barf

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Knicks1969

2/7/2016  5:00 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

Who do you blame??

Well no blame. It was a very bad mistake not paying Alex. I'm not sure what continuity will continue here a lot of questions. Not Phil's fault that we traded away draft pick that was Jim Dolan I think phil needs to be flexible in how he views guards and how the nba works now. We'd also been better off paying Barton than Affalo with perhaps an extra year

It was a mistake: to hire someone who never coached in his life; go into the season with Calderon and a neophyte like Grant as the only PGs on the roster; last but not least, go into the season with two average height and athletically challenge bigs in Seraphin and KO

mreinman

2/7/2016  5:05 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

Who do you blame??

It was a mistake: to hire someone who never coached in his life; go into the season with Calderon and a neophyte like Grant as the only PGs on the roster; last but not least, go into the season with two average height and athletically challenge bigs in Seraphin and KO

this roster is on phil not fisher

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/7/2016  5:08 PM
We won 17 games. Its a better team. Its not like we regressed have we?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/7/2016  5:12 PM
Nalod wrote:We won 17 games. Its a better team. Its not like we regressed have we?

It's kinda hard to regress from a 17 win season. They won 37 games the season prior with stupid Bargnani and some valuable players who Phil couldn't wait to get rid of. He gave those players away just to get rid of them and got nothing back. Now we are seeing the effects of not understanding value and managing cap space

mreinman

2/7/2016  5:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2016  5:15 PM
Nalod wrote:We won 17 games. Its a better team. Its not like we regressed have we?

regressed? was not really possible. Melo has played this year and we brought in Rolo, KP and AA. beating 17 wins is not considered progress. To me, our expected progress is below expectations and our offense is way below expectations.

Knicks1969

2/7/2016  5:15 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

Who do you blame??

Technically it is all on Phil. I never agreed with the hire of fisher, because I didn't think he would have what it takes. After 133 games, I am proven to be correct

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/7/2016  5:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2016  5:16 PM
gunsnewing wrote:

It's kinda hard to regress from a 17 win season. They won 37 games the season prior with stupid Bargnani and some valuable players who Phil couldn't wait to get rid of. He gave those players away just to get rid of them and got nothing back. Now we are seeing the effects of not understanding value and managing cap space

Right agree and that's what Stan van gundys said the benchmark for improvement is anything over 37 wins

RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman

2/7/2016  5:16 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

Who do you blame??

Technically it is all on Phil. I never agreed with the hire of fisher, because I didn't think he would have what it takes. After 133 games, I am proven to be correct

not sure about fisher but nothing has really been proven as of yet. He has not looked pretty.

Knicks1969

2/7/2016  5:16 PM
mreinman wrote:

regressed? was not really possible. Melo has played this year and we brought in Rolo, KP and AA. beating 17 wins is not considered progress. To me, our expected progress is below expectations and our offense is way below expectations.

AGREE

Knicks1969

2/7/2016  5:20 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

Who do you blame??

not sure about fisher but nothing has really been proven as of yet. He has not looked pretty.

Ahahahahaha we can keep on hoping:::))))). A guy who has good coaching qualities usually exhibits those qualities throughout the seasons. The young dude who coached the team we played today has those qualities, not fisher

mreinman

2/7/2016  5:21 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

Who do you blame??

Ahahahahaha we can keep on hoping:::))))). A guy who has good coaching qualities usually exhibits those qualities throughout the seasons. The young dude who coached the team we played today has those qualities, not fisher

so denver looks like they are well coached?

TPercy
Member: #5748

2/7/2016  5:26 PM
mreinman wrote:playoffs? what do we need the playoffs for?

Bit of an understatement, No?
The Future is Bright!
mreinman

2/7/2016  5:28 PM
TPercy wrote:
mreinman wrote:playoffs? what do we need the playoffs for?

Bit of an understatement, No?

whats worse than barf?

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/7/2016  5:37 PM
mreinman wrote:

I'm sticking to what I said earlier in the year. We make the playoffs winning 40-45 games and Fisher is a keeper. We narrowly miss the playoffs after winning 38 games but finish strong Fisher gets to start the year but with a shorter hook. They need a better start then the start they had this year. There needs to be upward progress.

But if this regression continues and we win 30 games which would be progress according to analog then he will be fired sooner rather than later or by seasons end. Then all the pressure shifts to Phil. I would hope he hires a Walton or someone who will continue to push Melo to play the way he's been playing. Someone who can draw up plays out of a time out and not let Melo force last second heaves. Obviously Phil is not going to hire an unimagitive Woodson type

mreinman

2/7/2016  5:43 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I'm sticking to what I said earlier in the year. We make the playoffs winning 40-45 games and Fisher is a keeper. We narrowly miss the playoffs after winning 38 games but finish strong Fisher gets to start the year but with a shorter hook. They need a better start then the start they had this year. There needs to be upward progress.

But if this regression continues and we win 30 games which would be progress according to analog then he will be fired sooner rather than later or by seasons end. Then all the pressure shifts to Phil. I would hope he hires a Walton or someone who will continue to push Melo to play the way he's been playing. Someone who can draw up plays out of a time out and not let Melo force last second heaves. Obviously Phil is not going to hire an unimagitive Woodson type

woodson ran super small ball and we set a record for made 3's. The offense was not the problem, it was the Melo's and JR's that deviated too often especially in the playoffs. Also, kidd crumbled.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/7/2016  5:55 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

Who do you blame??

Everyone on here was praising Phil for what he did with this roster 2 months ago and i mean EVERYONE so please don't try to be that guy that says he wasn't. When we were playing really good which was up until Melo stepped on that refs foot there was plenty of people posting about what a great job Phil did with this roster and i was definitely one of them.

Playoff s r shot

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy