[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We Need To Make A Deal With A Dumb Team...
Author Thread
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

2/7/2016  12:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2016  12:20 AM
Enter: the New Orleans Pelicans.

Dell Demps is a nincompoop and may very well be fired at the end of this season. As a result, I could see him being inclined to make a heisty move that mortgages the future in a win-now trade that he can sell to management. They'll still miss the playoffs but a deal that revamps their starting lineup and help them finish strong, heading into next season, might buy him some time to continue collecting paychecks. If I'm Phil, I try to leverage that situation to further my team goals (which should be to find another Porzingis in the draft and simply rebuild).....

There'd be more moving pieces but, in effect, I'd send Melo to the Heat; Dragic, Deng and Lopez to the Pelicans; and I'd bring back expirers, Justise Winslow and the Pelicans' unprotected 2016 first round pick.

The Heat do it because Dragic is useless to them, while Melo fulfills their need for more scoring/consistent play from the 3-spot. The Pelicans do the deal because they are idiots and will continue to shoot themselves in the foot. We do the deal because it accelerates a potential rebuilding process around Porzingis.

That Pelicans pick is slated for the 6th spot in the lottery, which still offers a decent chance of getting the no.1 overall pick and walking away with Ben Simmons aka LeBron James Jr. Even though the Pelicans would significantly upgrade their roster, they'd still be every bit as injury-prone as before, which means that they'd still continue to lose games, in a still competitive Western Conference. When you factor in the growing pains that accompany overhauling the roster, there is a chance that the pick could continue to improve in value, especially with Brooklyn looking to win-now (since they sent their pick to BOS).

Long story short, we should roll the dice and try to get Ben Simmons to pair with another rising star in Kristaps Porzingis (and Justise Winslow). Can you imagine how amazing that (SF-)PF-C tandem would be?!?!?! Gives me goose-bumps just thinking about it.

AUTOADVERT
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/7/2016  2:11 AM
You are proposing we trade with ourselves?
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

2/7/2016  3:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2016  3:07 AM
I would prefer the goal be to trade with a more desperate team.... the only 4 I see are the kings, clippers, rockets, and Bucks.....maybe the jazz and Pelle Pelicans (though they both need guards like the knicks do as well).

Hopefully we can make something happen with one of those teams. Because I could see any other team looking to trade rape the knicks with picks or dumping salary on the knicks.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
NardDogNation

2/7/2016  7:33 AM
wargames wrote:I would prefer the goal be to trade with a more desperate team.... the only 4 I see are the kings, clippers, rockets, and Bucks.....maybe the jazz and Pelle Pelicans (though they both need guards like the knicks do as well).

Hopefully we can make something happen with one of those teams. Because I could see any other team looking to trade rape the knicks with picks or dumping salary on the knicks.

You think the Jazz are a desperate team? They seem to have been the pillar of patience (and competence), IMO.

NardDogNation

2/7/2016  7:33 AM
LivingLegend wrote:You are proposing we trade with ourselves?

Lol

wargames

2/7/2016  8:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2016  8:38 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
wargames wrote:I would prefer the goal be to trade with a more desperate team.... the only 4 I see are the kings, clippers, rockets, and Bucks.....maybe the jazz and Pelle Pelicans (though they both need guards like the knicks do as well).

You think the Jazz are a desperate team? They seem to have been the pillar of patience (and competence), IMO.

That's why I said maybe. You never know when a team decides it needs a change. Because, they got youth but they are hoping one of there guards develop soon to be able to win games.

Caseloads
Member: #41
2/7/2016  3:28 PM
we are the teams other teams call when trying to fleece.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/7/2016  3:30 PM
Caseloads wrote:we are the teams other teams call when trying to fleece.
this. Toronto must be laughing. They were ready to release bargnani but we gave them possibly a lottery pick for him
wargames

2/7/2016  3:35 PM

I'm glad Grunwald got fired right after that. It was obvious from day 1 it was a trade rape deal and part of me feels he did the raptors his old team a favor.

Caseloads
Member: #41
2/7/2016  4:01 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
this. Toronto must be laughing. They were ready to release bargnani but we gave them possibly a lottery pick for him

this will be a lotto pick

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
2/7/2016  4:25 PM
LivingLegend wrote:You are proposing we trade with ourselves?

Exactly what I was thinking
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

2/7/2016  4:29 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Worst trade in the history of the NBA

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
2/7/2016  6:38 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Don't forget the trade we didn't make as well. If this pick is lotto it's partly because we didn't acquire Lowry which Toronto had all but sent to the Knicks.
NardDogNation

2/7/2016  6:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2016  6:44 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

...and then you recalled we traded LaMarcus Aldridge and Joakim Noah to the Bulls for the privilege of 1.5 mediocre seasons from Eddy Curry....

We Need To Make A Deal With A Dumb Team...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy