[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Carmelo and Lance are both out tonight [Grizz, second night of b to b]
Author Thread
SocraticBallin22
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6096

2/5/2016  10:09 PM
AA needs to put some arc on his shot...it's too much on a b line..needs to be perfect to go in
AUTOADVERT
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/5/2016  10:10 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:AA got a good look. It went in and out. We could have worked for a better shot but it was a quality shot. Can't knock it.

You take the shot with the clock winding down. Even if he makes that gives Memphis a chance to score again. You take your time and run a higher basketball IQ play. He's one dimensional and selfish.

Yeah..he went into Kobe mode on that one but the shot itself wasn't a bad look.

it wasn't but when was the last time you saw him dribble the ball that quickly and find space for a shot? i dont remember him doing this at any point this season. also if you are trying to score a quick basket, why wasn't the ball lobbed to KP in the paint

He's made that same exact shot many times this year.

proof?

Yeah i have it cause i watch every game but if you'd like to go through all the game tape then you'll have proof.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
nixluva wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:We looked like a different team with jose being aggressive driving and looking for his shot. I don't think he could sustain that consistently but it goes to show you what a pg like that can do for our team.

Yeah it just underscores how much it would improve this team if we had a young quality PG.

This this this.

I still want Conley - even though he had a quiet night scoring the ball, he got penetration at will and set up his teammates for a lot of nice looks.

¿ △ ?
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

newyorker4ever wrote:This one is on Fisher again right guys?? They weren't playing hard or anything.

Tonight? No

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/5/2016  10:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2016  10:11 PM
I will say it again, there is enough talent on this squad to make the playoffs. Without our best starter, without our best bench player, we took a team who had won their last 8, to the limit. Wont happen without quality work from the players and coaching staff. Thought Fisher did well for the most part. Dont expect him to be flawless, just not moving away from what works. Hasnt been doing that lately.

Its been asked why O'Quinn has fallen off the face of the earth, I would trace it back to his mid range jumper. KOQ had that going early on and defenses had to respect it which made it easier for Kelly to take it to the rim. Take that away and he's limited in what he can do. He moves alot under the rim like Oakley, but Oak was taller and could use his height and reach to compensate for being vertically challenged, O'Quinn cant.

Would love to see some more screens set for Afflalo, make him work less for an open look.

crzymdups
USA
2/5/2016  10:11 PM
¿ △ ?
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/5/2016  10:13 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:This one is on Fisher again right guys?? They weren't playing hard or anything.
Fisher's problem is he's slow. He waits till the 2nd half to run the offense the way he should have game planned from the 1st. If you see the 2 halves, it's so clear that the team shifted towards screen/rolls in the 2nd half. Same thing they did last night. The problem is why wait? Give the team the green light to play like that all the time.

I'm just saying 2 things that are consistent with Fish is that he a) is slow to recognize the game strategy (usually brings it on in the 2nd half) and b) doesn't have a tight enough rotation.

SocraticBallin22

2/5/2016  10:14 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
Fisher's problem is he's slow. He waits till the 2nd half to run the offense the way he should have game planned from the 1st. If you see the 2 halves, it's so clear that the team shifted towards screen/rolls in the 2nd half. Same thing they did last night. The problem is why wait? Give the team the green light to play like that all the time.

I'm just saying 2 things that are consistent with Fish is that he a) is slow to recognize the game strategy (usually brings it on in the 2nd half) and b) doesn't have a tight enough rotation.

Cosign.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/5/2016  10:14 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:AA got a good look. It went in and out. We could have worked for a better shot but it was a quality shot. Can't knock it.

You take the shot with the clock winding down. Even if he makes that gives Memphis a chance to score again. You take your time and run a higher basketball IQ play. He's one dimensional and selfish.

it wasn't but when was the last time you saw him dribble the ball that quickly and find space for a shot? i dont remember him doing this at any point this season. also if you are trying to score a quick basket, why wasn't the ball lobbed to KP in the paint

He's made that same exact shot many times this year.

proof?

Yeah i have it cause i watch every game but if you'd like to go through all the game tape then you'll have proof.

so do i. and you are dreaming.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
SocraticBallin22

2/5/2016  10:16 PM
We were a different team in the 2nd half when we were playing the pick n roll with KP and Jose. It opened up the entire floor. We need to incorporate much more pick n roll going forward. Playing strictly triangle is not going to cut it in this day and age of the NBA. It's a pick n roll league now. I'm not saying to abandon the triangle principles but modify it for more screen n roll---it makes scoring a lot easier.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/5/2016  10:16 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Cosign.

dont think the fisher lovers will approve this message.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
crzymdups
USA
2/5/2016  10:17 PM
¿ △ ?
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/5/2016  10:19 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Kobe is an all time great player. Affalo is a journey man who wouldn't even start on a contender.
And there's no way Kobe takes a shot like that with so much time left.

The very fact that Afflalo has the green light and tries to play like Kobe is what irks me. One dimensional and does not fit in it all with what we want to be doing longterm.

Respectfully disagree there. I've seen plenty of Kobe's career and he is notorious for taking bad shots and being selfish with the game on the line...

Ok I'll take your word for it since I've seen mostly highlights of Kobe, but atleast we should agree that Kobe was the best player in the league and had a level he brought that earned that faith that he'd make them. The right play was to move the ball to Jose, run a quick screen and roll and see what happens from there.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/5/2016  10:20 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:

Could that be reacting to the opponent and adjusting? The third quarter was the Knicks Achilles heel for years.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
SocraticBallin22

2/5/2016  10:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2016  10:24 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Kobe is an all time great player. Affalo is a journey man who wouldn't even start on a contender.

The very fact that Afflalo has the green light and tries to play like Kobe is what irks me. One dimensional and does not fit in it all with what we want to be doing longterm.

Respectfully disagree there. I've seen plenty of Kobe's career and he is notorious for taking bad shots and being selfish with the game on the line...

Ok I'll take your word for it since I've seen mostly highlights of Kobe, but atleast we should agree that Kobe was the best player in the league and had a level he brought that earned that faith that he'd make them. The right play was to move the ball to Jose, run a quick screen and roll and see what happens from there.

Agreed. Kobe was an elite, franchise player and earned the right to take shots like that--in fact--he was expected to like MJ. But, keep in mind, that, although AA is only a role player and not on Kobe's level by any stretch, he has the same mentality in his mind to take that shot--wrong or right. And with Melo being out, you better believe he thinks he should take that shot.

Also, keep in mind that if we ran the offense or called a timeout to set up a play, which I'm not disagreeing with, a very good defensive team would have set up their halfcourt offense against us without a closer on the floor for us, so you can't say we would have gotten a better shot in that scenario. It was a clean look. It's all you can ask for. It went in an out. Shit happens.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/5/2016  10:23 PM
crzymdups wrote:

Awesome. My wife kept saying he s over his sinus infection during the game. He looked a lot better tonight.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
SocraticBallin22

2/5/2016  10:25 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:We looked like a different team with jose being aggressive driving and looking for his shot. I don't think he could sustain that consistently but it goes to show you what a pg like that can do for our team.

Yeah it just underscores how much it would improve this team if we had a young quality PG.

This this this.

I still want Conley - even though he had a quiet night scoring the ball, he got penetration at will and set up his teammates for a lot of nice looks.

Conley was good at distributing tonight but was not finishing at the rim or hitting his J---a bit concerning. He's also slight of frame and could be injury prone. Would not judge him off of one game though.

crzymdups
USA
2/5/2016  10:25 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Regular Season; a shot to tie or take the lead

Last 24 seconds

Kobe: 48 for 165 (29.1%)

Post Season; a shot to tie or take the lead

Last 24 seconds

Kobe: 7 for 28 (25.0%)

http://swishnba.com/tag/the-truth-about-kobe-in-the-clutch/

¿ △ ?
SocraticBallin22

2/5/2016  10:26 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Regular Season; a shot to tie or take the lead

Last 24 seconds

Kobe: 48 for 165 (29.1%)

Post Season; a shot to tie or take the lead

Last 24 seconds

Kobe: 7 for 28 (25.0%)

http://swishnba.com/tag/the-truth-about-kobe-in-the-clutch/

Thanks, man. I knew this from the eye test but stats are nice to back it up.

crzymdups
USA
2/5/2016  10:27 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:

This this this.

Conley was good at distributing tonight but was not finishing at the rim or hitting his J---a bit concerning. He's also slight of frame and could be injury prone. Would not judge him off of one game though.

He hasn't been playing with as much verve and energy this season. It's a little concerning. Maybe he is getting older.

I would like him, but I trust Phil to find some capable guys.

Right now guys like Evan Turner and Jeff Green and maybe OJ Mayo would greatly improve our backcourt.

¿ △ ?
Carmelo and Lance are both out tonight [Grizz, second night of b to b]

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy