Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
2/5/2016  6:34 PM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Now would be a good time to call up Fredette or bring in Wroten. This team needs a spark. It needs some bodies.

I agree. Not sure what they do to create a roster space though. Do you cut Thanasis? I don't think Sasha is going anywhere. Maybe trade Seraphin for a second rounder if a deal is out there.

Yeah, I'd try to trade Seraphin.

Isn't Thanasis's 10-day up soon?

We need a guy who can play NBA minutes. I really would like to take a look at Wroten.

I agree. Also, Wroten wants to be a Knick and wants a shot at redemption.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

2/5/2016  6:53 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Now would be a good time to call up Fredette or bring in Wroten. This team needs a spark. It needs some bodies.

I agree. Not sure what they do to create a roster space though. Do you cut Thanasis? I don't think Sasha is going anywhere. Maybe trade Seraphin for a second rounder if a deal is out there.

We need a guy who can play NBA minutes. I really would like to take a look at Wroten.

I agree. Also, Wroten wants to be a Knick and wants a shot at redemption.

It seems like the front office has no interest in adding a point guard with athleticism and speed to push the pace with the ability to break down defenses. Don't ask me why. That's exactly what the team needs. I wouldn't care if Wroten missed his outside shots, as long as he kept pushing the ball and attacking the defense.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/5/2016  6:53 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Sigh. I don't like the whole part where Melo is playing 40 minutes on a bad knee.

what...? shut carmelo down, please. you know your best player and most expensive asset is hurting and you play him 40 mins coz you cant really coach.

this is going from bad to worse each day!
matter of fact give KP a week or two off as well to regroup himself, he's already played more mins than he did last year.

it's better to protect those two instead of letting something stupid happen.
let the bench players compete for playing time.

How quickly people turn words around and make them sound different. So i'm sure it wasn't before the game that he knew his knee was hurting him....SMDH.

newyorker4ever

2/5/2016  6:55 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Paying Melo the contract he got is looking better by the game.
If the guy can't play big minutes or carry a team anymore, I don't know why the Knicks are keeping him. They can get 3 starters for his money. Get the re-build going sooner than later, because as much as I appreciate Melo's commitment to NY, he isn't able to carry a team like a franchise player yet is paid to be one.

Holy crap......Attention all Knicks fans....MELO HAS A NO TRADE CLAUSE, AGAIN......MELO HAS A NO TRADE CLAUSE. wow

newyorker4ever

2/5/2016  6:56 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Paying Melo the contract he got is looking better by the game.
If the guy can't play big minutes or carry a team anymore, I don't know why the Knicks are keeping him. They can get 3 starters for his money. Get the re-build going sooner than later, because as much as I appreciate Melo's commitment to NY, he isn't able to carry a team like a franchise player yet is paid to be one.

This post is extremely ignorant for many different reasons. Your namesake Porzingis wouldn't have had anywhere near the level of success he did without Melo this year, I'm sorry to inform you. And I'm not saying this because I don't like Porzingis, I love KP. But I'm also not blind to what happens on the court like some of y'all.

Melo has been our MVP this season and a top 20 player in the league. If you can't admit that to yourself, it's on you.

Well said.

SocraticBallin22

2/5/2016  6:56 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Sigh. I don't like the whole part where Melo is playing 40 minutes on a bad knee.

what...? shut carmelo down, please. you know your best player and most expensive asset is hurting and you play him 40 mins coz you cant really coach.

matter of fact give KP a week or two off as well to regroup himself, he's already played more mins than he did last year.

How quickly people turn words around and make them sound different. So i'm sure it wasn't before the game that he knew his knee was hurting him....SMDH.

So for all those that were saying last night was a 'moral victory' with the way the team came back in the 2nd half and almost pulled off the win. With Melo playing over 40 minutes and it still leading to a loss in a back to back scenario, how moral was that victory now with a certain L coming again against the Griz tonight. Maybe jose will drop 30 and save the day lol

newyorker4ever

2/5/2016  6:57 PM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I would put every single player on this team besides Melo (no trade clause) and KP and take whatever i can get for them in draft picks or young players on cheap, good contracts. Trade em all.

CrushAlot
USA
2/5/2016  6:59 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

This post is extremely ignorant for many different reasons. Your namesake Porzingis wouldn't have had anywhere near the level of success he did without Melo this year, I'm sorry to inform you. And I'm not saying this because I don't like Porzingis, I love KP. But I'm also not blind to what happens on the court like some of y'all.

Melo has been our MVP this season and a top 20 player in the league. If you can't admit that to yourself, it's on you.

Well said.

+1
CrushAlot
USA
2/5/2016  7:01 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Maybe Fish needs to realize he is dealing with the NY media and censor his comments a bit. If he said I could see Melo was laboring but he didn't want to come out I think the reaction would be different.
newyorker4ever

2/5/2016  7:01 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

So for all those that were saying last night was a 'moral victory' with the way the team came back in the 2nd half and almost pulled off the win. With Melo playing over 40 minutes and it still leading to a loss in a back to back scenario, how moral was that victory now with a certain L coming again against the Griz tonight. Maybe jose will drop 30 and save the day lol

Do you really think this team is a playoff team anyway?? I mean lets give this some serious thought here. Fisher is talking about giving Thumpo minutes tonight which i love cause i've been rooting for this kid for a while but what's it matter cause this team isn't going anywhere this year anyway.
newyorker4ever

2/5/2016  7:02 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Maybe Fish needs to realize he is dealing with the NY media and censor his comments a bit. If he said I could see Melo was laboring but he didn't want to come out I think the reaction would be different.

Or maybe the new york media did what they always do and twisted his words and that wasn't quite what he said??
CrushAlot
USA
2/5/2016  7:03 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Tonight's game has to be played before the outcome is decided. In regards to last night in the first half guys were convinced Knick players had quit on Fisher. The way they played in the second half indicated that that wasn't the case. Also, I appreciated the candid commentary from Reggie and CWebb. I liked hearing a modern day player's perspective on the Knicks and their situation. Clyde is awesome but last night was a nice change of pace for me.
CrushAlot
USA
2/5/2016  7:05 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Or maybe the new york media did what they always do and twisted his words and that wasn't quite what he said??
It is always best to listen to the interview and come to your own conclusions when it comes to the NY media.
SocraticBallin22

2/5/2016  7:07 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Do you really think this team is a playoff team anyway?? I mean lets give this some serious thought here. Fisher is talking about giving Thumpo minutes tonight which i love cause i've been rooting for this kid for a while but what's it matter cause this team isn't going anywhere this year anyway.

I may agree with you, and if that is the case, then we should definitely trade Melo for all the assets we can get right now before he gets any older and start playing all the young players like, KP, Jerian, D WILL, Thanasis and bring in even more young players like Wroten, Eliot Williams and others who have potential. Then it would be a true rebuild, not a half ass one. A decision needs to be made. You can't have it both ways. Either you're rebuilding, or you're not.

CrushAlot
USA
2/5/2016  7:11 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Thanasis is getting minutes because Melo, Early and Lance are out. He doesn't get off the bench if either Melo or Lance are healthy.
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

2/5/2016  7:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Dolan is going to fire fisher after tonight.....you watch

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/5/2016  7:16 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

I may agree with you, and if that is the case, then we should definitely trade Melo for all the assets we can get right now before he gets any older and start playing all the young players like, KP, Jerian, D WILL, Thanasis and bring in even more young players like Wroten, Eliot Williams and others who have potential. Then it would be a true rebuild, not a half ass one. A decision needs to be made. You can't have it both ways. Either you're rebuilding, or you're not.

I have been calling for Phil to try to bring in some fresh legs and maybe now he'll be forced to do it.

CrushAlot
USA
2/5/2016  7:17 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

I have no problem with bringing in another young player but you are talking about guys that have already been cut by nba teams. That kind of rebuild fills out your 12-15 roster spots. Maybe you hit on one of those guys and get a rotation player but you don't have to become the Sixers without picks to rebuild. Also, Melo has a no trade clause and makes over 22 mil. To waive that you need to send him to a contender who is going to send back a late first or some salary. The only move that works for all parties involved in my opinion is a Melo for Blake deal. I don't think you get picks back for that and I don't know if either team wants the disruption that that would create. Also, I think the impact Melo has had on Porzingis's development is discounted by some. I would be okay with Melo for Blake but I hate Blake.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/5/2016  7:21 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:

Holy crap......Attention all Knicks fans....MELO HAS A NO TRADE CLAUSE, AGAIN......MELO HAS A NO TRADE CLAUSE. wow

I'm well aware of this. I never said trading him would be easy. If he is moved, he'll be moved to a place he wants to go. I'm sure he'd rather go to a playoff team than stick it out here.

I'm saying that it's been what 6+ years now almost with him. They've not been able to do well building around him. His current contract is one of the highest in the league. He may be a top 20 player in the league - actually without question he is - but does he warrant that contract or give you the same? All this talk about RoLo, or Calderon, but these guys make very little in comparison and are the support guys. Look at the way Golden State is built, or look at the way San Antonio is built with regards to their salaries and now look at Melo's contract and the Knicks. I'm not just a Porzingis fan, if Porzingis was making 20 million and playing like he was worth half of it, I'd want him traded to.

Just think about even. When the Knicks finally are able to get the pieces in place - say Porzingis is in his prime - and we've signed some free agents in 2016 and 2017. By the start of the 17-18 season what do you think Melo's physical decline, and salary will look like? He's regressing physically - and history says when that happens you only regret keeping a guy with his sort of contract.

This is a game thread so my last comment. But unless Melo can either be paired with 2 other all-star caliber players as soon as next year or he magically transforms into a healthy version of himself again, the Knicks are stuck in mediocrity for very long.

newyorker4ever

2/5/2016  7:21 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Yeah but Melo isn't gonna waive his no trade clause so Phil's hands are tied.
Carmelo and Lance are both out tonight [Grizz, second night of b to b]

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy