[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread TNT tonight Detroit and New York 7PM
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

2/4/2016  10:14 PM
reub wrote:Hey we found a good lineup possibly. Melo Lance Rolo Arron and Galloway. If we throw in a sprinkling of KP with Jose and Dwill it’s not bad.

Doubt Mr "process" sticks with it. He has tinkered a million times. The rotation is obvious. Pull Porzingis or Lopez out early. Bring them back in to close the Q and begin the next Q. Use Thomas at 4. Use Melo as the point guard. It's what worked during that nice stretch when we beat teams like Atlanta, Miami etc. Just a damn shame Fisher keeps reverting to experimenting. He should clearly see that the team is not responding to his coaching of the Triangle. What they did in the 2nd half was much much better offense. They focused less on moving the ball through the Triangle motion, which depends heavily on high skilled passing, high IQ and shooting, and instead relied on using the weakside of the Triangle. Overload one side with the sideline Triangle and go to work on the weakside with the 2 players there. Fisher knows his stuff when it comes to this. But he seems invested in the longrun, and the "process" and thus is willing to revert back to playing 11-12 guys, and trying to implement the Triangle motion to get shots for guys. At some point Fish just has to realize he doesn't have IQ of Jordan, Pippen or Kobe out there. He's got a bunch of guys who don't have the IQ to run the Triangle. Use the Triangle spacing and go to work on 2 man games. Or post up Affalo/Lopez/Melo. That's it. Very simple offense that works.

Focus your strategy on defense.

Also if that's the gameplan - your need for Calderon wanes and his IQ/passing skill is what requires him to play over Galloway. If you scrap trying to run the motion sets of the Triangle, instead use the 2 man game option or weakwing isolation plays, your need to play Caladeron diminishes considerably.

Hope Fish got that from tonight, but I fully expect him to revert to the 11 man rotation and trying to implement the Triangle motion again tomorrow against Memphis.

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
TPercy wrote:Notice how there was barely any triangle in the second half.

You mean Side Triangle??? The sets they ran are plays in the Triangle offense. This team doesn't just make ish up. They have other sets in this offense.

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA

Fisher put the game in their hands. He will need more of the same tomorrow, but I doubt they do it.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/4/2016  10:15 PM
nixluva wrote:

You mean Side Triangle??? The sets they ran are plays in the Triangle offense. This team doesn't just make ish up. They have other sets in this offense.

It was a lot of pick and roll at the top of the key. If that's part of the Triangle, we need to do it more.

¿ △ ?
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/4/2016  10:16 PM
nixluva wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:POINT MELO. How bout that Fish adjustment???

That's not an adjustment....he's been doing that all season...his assists were 3 in nov, 4 in dec, and 5 in jan.
the question is...what is fish's adjustment when melo is not in the game?

answer the question nix

You think this is some kind of brilliant point but I don't agree. The issues this team has with the bench can't simply be solved with some adjustment. At some point you need some talent. This team lacks a really effective PG!

yes it can be solved, but you or fisher obviously cannot solve it.
you have to play to the remaining players' strengths when melo is out.
our bench players can be effective contributors if you dont force feed the triangle down their throats.

You still think this is the core problem? It's not about forcing them to play the Triangle. It's about talent. Knicks have HOLES on the roster that need to be addressed. Either players get better or we have to bring in better players.

disagree, and that's ok. but please for the love of god cut out the F'n this and F'n that talk...people try to argue with you respectfully and you just start disrespecting them...thats when dialogue goes south.

I thought you got pretty disrespectful with Nix actually so don't try to play the innocent guy in this when you were pretty damn annoying.

I get angry with the nonsense. Not legit points. I can go toe to toe on basketball strategy and X's n O's with anyone. The idea that Phil, Fish and the staff don't know way more than we do about basketball is laughable.

It's easy to just blame the coach. MOST of what happens on the floor is on the players!!! Knicks came back and should've won this game but I still think the lack of a higher quality PG or playmaking guard period, is the BIGGEST problem we have.

you can get angry all you want, but keep it internal please? or get anger management help? if reading someone's posts that you disagree with can get you cussing people out on here, ...i can only imagine...

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

2/4/2016  10:17 PM
Don't worry, guys. Getting blown out in the first half and almost pulling off a miraculous comeback only to fall short and lose is all part of "the process", according to our coach, D. Fish. It's not about wins or losses. It's about "the process". No worries. lol
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

That's not an adjustment....he's been doing that all season...his assists were 3 in nov, 4 in dec, and 5 in jan.

answer the question nix

You think this is some kind of brilliant point but I don't agree. The issues this team has with the bench can't simply be solved with some adjustment. At some point you need some talent. This team lacks a really effective PG!

our bench players can be effective contributors if you dont force feed the triangle down their throats.

You still think this is the core problem? It's not about forcing them to play the Triangle. It's about talent. Knicks have HOLES on the roster that need to be addressed. Either players get better or we have to bring in better players.

disagree, and that's ok. but please for the love of god cut out the F'n this and F'n that talk...people try to argue with you respectfully and you just start disrespecting them...thats when dialogue goes south.

I thought you got pretty disrespectful with Nix actually so don't try to play the innocent guy in this when you were pretty damn annoying.

in fairness to cartman he is right about nix. When anyone disagrees with him he tends to fly off the handle

NO! You purposely comment in a way to annoy rather than contribute! I can do research to prove you do this but I don't care if you admit to it or not. We both know you do it. Ive never used the ignore function but...

stop it nix. Lets talk bball. We desperately need a point guard
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

Cartman718 wrote:
Rookie wrote:Melo 40min, aflallo 43 min, Lopez 35 min, good luck against Mem tomororrow assmonkeys

it's alluding to what someone else said earlier in this thread...fisher cannot run anything other than pure triangle. so he kept the players in that he thought could run it.
agreed on the mins thing with you though. tomorrow is looking like another bad loss.

i wasn't seeing a lot of triangle in the second half. Melo + pride is what i saw

nixluva
USA
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

answer the question nix

I get angry with the nonsense. Not legit points. I can go toe to toe on basketball strategy and X's n O's with anyone. The idea that Phil, Fish and the staff don't know way more than we do about basketball is laughable.

It's easy to just blame the coach. MOST of what happens on the floor is on the players!!! Knicks came back and should've won this game but I still think the lack of a higher quality PG or playmaking guard period, is the BIGGEST problem we have.

the problem is that you act like you know more than anybody which is why you may have issues with some. I think you make good points BUT others also make equally good points that you regard as nonsense

I'm not "acting" like anything! I do know a lot about BBALL. I'm sure you do too. If you have a disagreement with me on BBALL X's n O's we can go at it any time. The other non BBALL stuff is garbage.

Cartman718

SocraticBallin22 wrote:Don't worry, guys. Getting blown out in the first half and almost pulling off a miraculous comeback only to fall short and lose is all part of "the process", according to our coach, D. Fish. It's not about wins or losses. It's about "the process". No worries. lol

yayyyyy

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

2/4/2016  10:18 PM
Rookie wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Rookie wrote:Melo 40min, aflallo 43 min, Lopez 35 min, good luck against Mem tomororrow assmonkeys

it's alluding to what someone else said earlier in this thread...fisher cannot run anything other than pure triangle. so he kept the players in that he thought could run it.
agreed on the mins thing with you though. tomorrow is looking like another bad loss.

i wasn't seeing a lot of triangle in the second half. Melo + pride is what i saw

hahah talk to nix about that...he's the self professed triangle expert on here.

SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

2/4/2016  10:19 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Don't worry, guys. Getting blown out in the first half and almost pulling off a miraculous comeback only to fall short and lose is all part of "the process", according to our coach, D. Fish. It's not about wins or losses. It's about "the process". No worries. lol

yayyyyy

You see....we had to go through the process of getting blown out in the 1st half, so we could go through the process of coming back in the 2nd half, then go through the process of almost winning but then losing, which--of course--is all about the process. Think process. Nevermind losses. Big picture, people.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/4/2016  10:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/4/2016  10:23 PM
nixluva wrote:

They set up the sideline Tri - but not always. They were more focused on the 2 man game option or the weakwing iso option. This is what Phil would do when the offense would go dry in the playoffs and utilize Jordan or Kobe in what role Melo was doing. It's how you can succeed right now in the league and without very high IQ, accurate passers. The team they have right now does not have the passing skill or the IQ to run the motion version or go deep into the Triangle. So what they did in the 2nd half was set up the initial spacing, fill in the spots, and then go to work with screen/rolls or 2 man games on the weakside. Overload one side with a "triangle" but not abide the team to always play in motion as 2 triangles connected. If you understand what I'm trying to say - the difference is that in the 2nd half version it gives far more freedom to dribble penetration, or a guard dribbling and it doesn't force the players who have formed the triangle on the strong side to move. They can stay still and just look for a pass if open. It's a much much basic adapted "Triangle for dummies" version from what I could tell. Perfect for this team. They just don't have the brains, cohesion and passing skill to run the Triangle any other way.

The very core difference is that of the two versions, this one doesn't force them to constantly pass the ball. They can keep the ball longer, dribble - do more natural things that Melo, Galloway, Afflalo all like to do. Thing this is definitely the way for the team to run their offense moving forward. We could make a killing with either using Melo/Lopez screen/rolls on the weakside of the sideline Triangle or Melo/Porzingis pick/pop or roll options. Even Grant would greatly benefit if used in the 2 man game option.

nixluva
USA
2/4/2016  10:20 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

answer the question nix

in fairness to cartman he is right about nix. When anyone disagrees with him he tends to fly off the handle

NO! You purposely comment in a way to annoy rather than contribute! I can do research to prove you do this but I don't care if you admit to it or not. We both know you do it. Ive never used the ignore function but...

I've stated the same thing over and over, so on this we agree. Regarding my other comments, I stand by them. You know why.

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
2/4/2016  10:22 PM
Rookie wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

There wasn't. Even iso plays are within the triangle to some. The team started the third by drawing fouls, then ran a lot of pnr which the triangle worshippers have already admitted doesn't allow much of. The a lot of clutch buckets some being of balance threes...again non triangle.

They merely competed. had they done the same in the first half, they win. Pistons aren't the 1 seed, they're 8th for a reason.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/4/2016  10:22 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

answer the question nix

I've stated the same thing over and over, so on this we agree. Regarding my other comments, I stand by them. You know why.

stand by what? If you mean your views on fisher then i respect that
Cartman718

2/4/2016  10:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/4/2016  10:24 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

yayyyyy

You see....we had to go through the process of getting blown out in the 1st half, so we could go through the process of coming back in the 2nd half, then go through the process of almost winning but then losing, which--of course--is all about the process. Think process. Nevermind losses. Big picture, people.

and hence my thread... fisher is not the right coach for THIS team. btw, this "almost comeback" would not be possible at all unless detroit was as bad as they are. its not like they are one of the top 10 teams in the league. against top 10 team, this "almost miraculous" 2nd half was just not possible.

Cartman718

2/4/2016  10:23 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

answer the question nix

you can get angry all you want, but keep it internal please? or get anger management help? if reading someone's posts that you disagree with can get you cussing people out on here, ...i can only imagine...

nix...?

Chandler
Member: #6197

2/4/2016  10:28 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
nixluva wrote:

They set up the sideline Tri - but not always. They were more focused on the 2 man game option or the weakwing iso option. This is what Phil would do when the offense would go dry in the playoffs and utilize Jordan or Kobe in what role Melo was doing. It's how you can succeed right now in the league and without very high IQ, accurate passers. The team they have right now does not have the passing skill or the IQ to run the motion version or go deep into the Triangle. So what they did in the 2nd half was set up the initial spacing, fill in the spots, and then go to work with screen/rolls or 2 man games on the weakside. Overload one side with a "triangle" but not abide the team to always play in motion as 2 triangles connected. If you understand what I'm trying to say - the difference is that in the 2nd half version it gives far more freedom to dribble penetration, or a guard dribbling and it doesn't force the players who have formed the triangle on the strong side to move. They can stay still and just look for a pass if open. It's a much much basic adapted "Triangle for dummies" version from what I could tell. Perfect for this team. They just don't have the brains, cohesion and passing skill to run the Triangle any other way.

The very core difference is that of the two versions, this one doesn't force them to constantly pass the ball. They can keep the ball longer, dribble - do more natural things that Melo, Galloway, Afflalo all like to do. Thing this is definitely the way for the team to run their offense moving forward. We could make a killing with either using Melo/Lopez screen/rolls on the weakside of the sideline Triangle or Melo/Porzingis pick/pop or roll options. Even Grant would greatly benefit if used in the 2 man game option.

All great points. They had success w weak side earlier in season

We need some wins. You want to build a winning culture you need to expect to win

(5)(5)
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/4/2016  10:30 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

hahah talk to nix about that...he's the self professed triangle expert on here.

No thanks, you really just have to look at the spacing with Melo bringing the ball up. There is no player in the paint. Not a triangle.

Game thread TNT tonight Detroit and New York 7PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy