Game thread TNT tonight Detroit and New York 7PM
Author Thread
newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

2/4/2016  10:00 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Great comeback. They just couldn't overcome that first half.

That was a great 2nd half but we just couldn't pull it off.......definitely Fisher's fault...lol

How about it being Fisher's fault that the team came out lifeless with no energy and got blown out by a team who had been struggling and played the night before?

Was that Fisher's fault though??? All you can do is say it but you saying it means absolutely nothing. Did Fisher blow in their ears on all those missed shots or did he have one of those red lazer things and shining it in their eyes on all those missed shots?? lol SMDH
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/4/2016  10:01 PM
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:POINT MELO. How bout that Fish adjustment???

That's not an adjustment....he's been doing that all season...his assists were 3 in nov, 4 in dec, and 5 in jan.
the question is...what is fish's adjustment when melo is not in the game?

answer the question nix

You think this is some kind of brilliant point but I don't agree. The issues this team has with the bench can't simply be solved with some adjustment. At some point you need some talent. This team lacks a really effective PG!

yes it can be solved, but you or fisher obviously cannot solve it.
you have to play to the remaining players' strengths when melo is out.
our bench players can be effective contributors if you dont force feed the triangle down their throats.

You still think this is the core problem? It's not about forcing them to play the Triangle. It's about talent. Knicks have HOLES on the roster that need to be addressed. Either players get better or we have to bring in better players.

disagree, and that's ok. but please for the love of god cut out the F'n this and F'n that talk...people try to argue with you respectfully and you just start disrespecting them...thats when dialogue goes south.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/4/2016  10:01 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Best half Fisher has coached as a Knick, I'll take it. Instead of emptying the bench like he often has, Fisher went to a tight rotation in the second half. Did a great job of alternating between KP and Rolo. Fisher seems to enjoy going against the grain, but during this half he did what most coaches would have done in this situation. Thats all I want to see from Fisher, keep it simple.

Would like to see Melo playing point forward more. Lets Gallo do his thing, seems to help him play more confidently, and I wouldnt mind seeing this with Grant at the 2.

KP banked it off the glass near the restricted area. Thats something I dont believe we have seen, usually a few feet further out. With his wingspan and the way he puts it high off the glass is almost like a skyhook/bankshot. Really hope he does that more, going to be very hard to stop.

Still believe this team is talented enough to make the playoffs but we need to see more consistency from the players to the coach.

Great point about the tight rotation. The team does a lot better with the smaller rotation. Also, sometimes you ave to go with the guys that are hot and getting it done.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/4/2016  10:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/4/2016  10:03 PM
Melo 40min, aflallo 43 min, Lopez 35 min, good luck against Mem tomororrow assmonkeys
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/4/2016  10:03 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

That's not an adjustment....he's been doing that all season...his assists were 3 in nov, 4 in dec, and 5 in jan.

answer the question nix

You think this is some kind of brilliant point but I don't agree. The issues this team has with the bench can't simply be solved with some adjustment. At some point you need some talent. This team lacks a really effective PG!

our bench players can be effective contributors if you dont force feed the triangle down their throats.

You still think this is the core problem? It's not about forcing them to play the Triangle. It's about talent. Knicks have HOLES on the roster that need to be addressed. Either players get better or we have to bring in better players.

disagree, and that's ok. but please for the love of god cut out the F'n this and F'n that talk...people try to argue with you respectfully and you just start disrespecting them...thats when dialogue goes south.

I thought you got pretty disrespectful with Nix actually so don't try to play the innocent guy in this when you were pretty damn annoying.

Cartman718

jrue holiday would be great on this team, lakers pelicans on :)
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
reub
Member: #6227

Hey we found a good lineup possibly. Melo Lance Rolo Arron and Galloway. If we throw in a sprinkling of KP with Jose and Dwill it’s not bad.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/4/2016  10:05 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

answer the question nix

I thought you got pretty disrespectful with Nix actually so don't try to play the innocent guy in this when you were pretty damn annoying.

in fairness to cartman he is right about nix. When anyone disagrees with him he tends to fly off the handle
Cartman718

2/4/2016  10:06 PM
Rookie wrote:Melo 40min, aflallo 43 min, Lopez 35 min, good luck against Mem tomororrow assmonkeys

it's alluding to what someone else said earlier in this thread...fisher cannot run anything other than pure triangle. so he kept the players in that he thought could run it.
agreed on the mins thing with you though. tomorrow is looking like another bad loss.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/4/2016  10:06 PM
One interesting note about tonight's game is that I think the team went away from trying to run the Triangle in the 2nd half, and instead went to work with setting up a sideline Triangle or halfcourt Triangle and then from there just focusing on the weakside where there's 2 players who can work a screen/roll, screen/pop, post entry and cut a weakwing iso - just a number of different things. Really seemed to help these guys get better looks and less confusion. I was damn upset with Fisher in the 1st half but give him props in the 2nd. He figured things out. Now the question is what should they do tomorrow and moving forward? We're at game 52 now, and the Triangle still hasn't developed into the deep elements you would like to have seen. May just be time to scrap trying to run it and go with a more simple version of it, where we set up the sideline Triangle and work more traditional sets on the weakside. Melo is very good at playing the guard role in that position and so is Galloway. Lopez is very good at screen setting and rolling.
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
2/4/2016  10:07 PM
I don't see how some complain about the roster, then state this is the best Phil can do. I really do think some will be content to have a team not make the playoffs the entire time Phil is here by doing the best he can which isn't good enough.
Clean
Member: #743
2/4/2016  10:08 PM
I stopped watching at half time but according to Knicks beat writers Fisher used a more PNR focused Offense to get back in the game. If that is the case it took Fisher long enough to start doing this. Some teams know how to stop the triangle offense. We need to have a plan B when that happens.
Cartman718

newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

answer the question nix

sorry i have you on block so i dont see what you post, but i did see that Starks responded to your post...so now I see what you wrote. You should go back in this very game thread and start reading carefully, you will see who started the disrespectful language first. it was not me.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
I liked the season when we were 22-22.

Free-falling now.

Here goes the season...

Knicks_Fan
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

2/4/2016  10:09 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Great comeback. They just couldn't overcome that first half.

That was a great 2nd half but we just couldn't pull it off.......definitely Fisher's fault...lol

How about it being Fisher's fault that the team came out lifeless with no energy and got blown out by a team who had been struggling and played the night before?

Was that Fisher's fault though??? All you can do is say it but you saying it means absolutely nothing. Did Fisher blow in their ears on all those missed shots or did he have one of those red lazer things and shining it in their eyes on all those missed shots?? lol SMDH

Coach is responsible for making sure the team is prepared and ready to play and compete. They clearly weren't to start the game.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
Team went heavy heavy heavy pick and roll with Melo and Rolo in the second half. And it was way more effective than the Triangle has ever looked.

They should do that more.

Melo/Rolo pick and roll was great. Do it more.

Grant/KP pick and roll has been great in limited tries. They should do that more.

Grant would be way more effective in the pick and roll.

¿ △ ?
Cartman718

knickscity wrote:I don't see how some complain about the roster, then state this is the best Phil can do. I really do think some will be content to have a team not make the playoffs the entire time Phil is here by doing the best he can which isn't good enough.

bingo

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

answer the question nix

I get angry with the nonsense. Not legit points. I can go toe to toe on basketball strategy and X's n O's with anyone. The idea that Phil, Fish and the staff don't know way more than we do about basketball is laughable.

It's easy to just blame the coach. MOST of what happens on the floor is on the players!!! Knicks came back and should've won this game but I still think the lack of a higher quality PG or playmaking guard period, is the BIGGEST problem we have.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/4/2016  10:11 PM
Notice how there was barely any triangle in the second half.
The Future is Bright!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/4/2016  10:12 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

answer the question nix

in fairness to cartman he is right about nix. When anyone disagrees with him he tends to fly off the handle

NO! You purposely comment in a way to annoy rather than contribute! I can do research to prove you do this but I don't care if you admit to it or not. We both know you do it. Ive never used the ignore function but...

Game thread TNT tonight Detroit and New York 7PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy