[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Would you take Pippen?
Author Thread
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
7/22/2004  3:46 PM
With current talks, as we know, the Knicks are in talks with the bulls instead of adding both Eddie and Jerome, it would be either/or and Crawford for Norris included and not Mutumbo. I think it's funny that Pippen would be a Knick. Of course he would be in his final year of the contract...Do you want to see Pippen don a Knicks jersey...? Will he even get any playing time or just pout and stay on the bench and ask the Knicks to buy him out...

How do you think the Knicks would react to Pippen in a Knicks jersey? I'd like to see it just because you'd never ever think he'd be a Knicks. He done. Atleast Moochie can play...Pippen is garbage, but still, it would be funny to see him on the Knicks. Will Isiah pull the trigger and say yes?
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/22/2004  4:13 PM
personally, i think Isiah's only interest in Scottie Pippen is to use his expiring contract to combined w/Mutombo's to make a play for Dampier now that Nazr no longer holds much value to the Warriors as he has another year remaining on his deal past this year.

that's why Isiah's offering to take back Moochie & replace him w/Trybanski's contract instead of Dikembe's.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/22/2004  4:17 PM
If the deal improves the team, Isiah would be nuts not to take Pippen.
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
7/22/2004  7:43 PM
I thought I heard Pippen said he was going to retire... Yeah, I wouldn't mind Pippen traded to the Knicks and then used for trade purposes as long as he never plays a single minute as a Knick... if he did, it would just be wrong..
http://allknicks.com
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/22/2004  8:08 PM
Does anyone remember when Starks played a few games for Chicago? That must have been like the twilight zone for Starks....I guess that's why he only lasted a few games. The crowd was booing him until he scored or made a good play then they would give a sarcastic applause....

I would love for Scottie to be in a uniform just so I can break my neck buying a courtside ticket to retrun the favor for helping Jordan kick our arses all those Ewing years.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
7/23/2004  12:28 PM
Posted by TMS:

personally, i think Isiah's only interest in Scottie Pippen is to use his expiring contract to combined w/Mutombo's to make a play for Dampier now that Nazr no longer holds much value to the Warriors as he has another year remaining on his deal past this year.

that's why Isiah's offering to take back Moochie & replace him w/Trybanski's contract instead of Dikembe's.

Exactly, GS wants a backup SF and Pippen would be perfect for that since he also has an expiring contract. Isiah only wants Pippen so that he can ship him out in a deal for Dampier. I doubt Chicago will give us Pippen because of his expiring contract, but if Zeke can somehow get him included in that deal that would be great for us.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
nyballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #108
USA
7/23/2004  1:13 PM
Posted by TMS:

so basically, if Isiah can get a 3-way going with pippen to golden state, we'd get crawford AND dampier... and wed still have KT to trade, right? meaning that a walker deal is possible - even if its not, we could have nazr and sweetney split time at the 4, where mohammed would be OVERSized - wed be set in our frontcourt

C: Dampier/Nazr
PF: Walker/Sweetney
SF: TT/Penny?
SG: Houston/Craw
PG: Marbury/Craw

[Edited by - nyballer on 07/23/2004 14:12:20]
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/23/2004  2:01 PM
so basically, if Isiah can get a 3-way going with pippen to golden state, we'd get crawford AND dampier... and wed still have KT to trade, right? meaning that a walker deal is possible - even if its not, we could have nazr and sweetney split time at the 4, where mohammed would be OVERSized - wed be set in our frontcourt

i guess theoretically, that COULD happen...but again, that all depends on whether or not the Bulls would agree to giving up Pippen in that deal while taking back Trybanski over Deke, & if Mullin would accept a package of Pippen & Deke for Dampier...

but yes, if both were to occur, then the Knicks would still have KT to possibly get a deal done w/the Mavs for Walker...but the moons would have to align just right for that deal as well...you'd still need a 3rd team to get involved to make that deal possible most likely, & the Knicks would still have to give up more in contract to make the dollars work, so Nazr would HAVE to be included (unless you were going to trade Moochie instead, but i doubt any team would want to take on his contract)

then Isiah would use the MLE to sign Vin Baker, & you'd have a team that looked like this:

C - Dampier / Baker
PF - Walker / Sweetney / JYD
SF - Thomas / DerMarr / ERob
SG - Houston / Penny
PG - Marbury / Crawford
IR - Moochie / Ariza / Barrett or Chan

that would be 1 helluva transformation in 1 offseason...i think it's a bit much to wish for, but hey, you never know!
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
nyballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #108
USA
7/23/2004  2:14 PM
Posted by TMS:

i guess theoretically, that COULD happen...but again, that all depends on whether or not the Bulls would agree to giving up Pippen in that deal while taking back Trybanski over Deke, & if Mullin would accept a package of Pippen & Deke for Dampier...

but yes, if both were to occur, then the Knicks would still have KT to possibly get a deal done w/the Mavs for Walker...but the moons would have to align just right for that deal as well...you'd still need a 3rd team to get involved to make that deal possible most likely, & the Knicks would still have to give up more in contract to make the dollars work, so Nazr would HAVE to be included (unless you were going to trade Moochie instead, but i doubt any team would want to take on his contract)

then Isiah would use the MLE to sign Vin Baker, & you'd have a team that looked like this:

C - Dampier / Baker
PF - Walker / Sweetney / JYD
SF - Thomas / DerMarr / ERob
SG - Houston / Penny
PG - Marbury / Crawford
IR - Moochie / Ariza / Barrett or Chan

that would be 1 helluva transformation in 1 offseason...i think it's a bit much to wish for, but hey, you never know!
haha we all know thats probably not going to happen, but knowing that we COULD potentially get damp and crawford and keep kurt and mohammed is a big plus. as much as people may not like KT, i would rather have him on our team than not, unless we got a good player in return. mohammed was a good player for us last year and i think if we played him and dampier in the front court teams would have a lot of trouble against us. maybe we could do tim thomas mohammed and frank williams to the pacers for jeff foster croshere and artest
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
Would you take Pippen?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy