[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

NYK/Den/Mia Trade
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
12/16/2001  7:31 PM
I just did this @ Realgm and it was approved, not sure if the teams would do it though.
New York Knicks Get:
Antonio McDyess, Nick Van Exel
Denver Nuggets Get:
Brian Grant, Eddie Jones, Marc Jackson
Miami Heat Get:
Latrell Sprewell, Charlie Ward, Raef LaFrentz
Trade ID:432018

Knicks get two excellent scorers, free up the PG jam, and a force down low. Denver gets expierience to teach their younger players. Miami gets LaFrentz, a young C/PF (Riley was considering rebuilding) and I can especially see this happening if Van Gundy goes to coach Miami and Riley moves to GM. If they did this, they could trade Thomas or Harrington for an upgrade @ 3, because Anderson hasn't played well, but still, you have 3 excellent scorers, Houston would flourish w/ McDyess drawing doubles, you can put Anderson on the team's best scorer at either 2 or 3. Knicks might have to throw in a first rounder but I'd still do it.

Knicks Lineup:
C-Camby
PF-McDyess
SF-Anderson
SG-Houston
PG-Van Exel
Backups:
C-Weatherspoon/Thomas/Harrington
PF-Weatherspoon/Thomas/Harrington
SF-Postell/Robinson?
SG-Postell/Robinson?
PG-Eisley

Postell could finally get some minutes too, he usually just gets garbage time.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
VG
Member: #68
Australia
12/17/2001  12:06 AM
The Knicks get McDyess and Van Exel for Spree, Ward and Mark Jackson??? Where do I sign??
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/17/2001  9:37 AM
I don't know how the salaries work out, but a trade that centered around Spree and McDyess, and which included the likes of Raef, Camby Van Exel, Ward and Thomas, would be interesting. If the pieces fell into place, I might consider it.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigSm00th
USA
12/17/2001  3:19 PM
The key would be Heat obviously, if they would be willing to give up Grant and Jones, both of whom have been mediocre in Miami. Also, Denver's GM Kiki Vandewhege (sp?) has said he doesn't want to trade the main pieces of his team, obviously the 3 main pieces would be getting traded so it would be interesting, but the contracts all work out if Miami's exception is used.
#Knickstaps
LarrythaLeo
Member: #71
USA
12/17/2001  3:48 PM
I just wanna ask you guys two questions why would we try to help out Miami, and why on earth would we trade Spree there?

Oh yeah I got it so he can shut down Houston on on defense, and light him up for 49 on offense
BigSm00th
USA
12/17/2001  4:41 PM
Help Miami? Who cares about Miami. The Knicks are in a race for the playoffs, the Heat are in a race for who can get a higher percentage of drawing numero uno in the lottery. If the Knicks did this trade, Anderson would guard opposing teams better scoring two-guard, so he'd cover Spree. I don't know why anyone wouldn't do this, Spree and Camby are their only marketable players, and with this, they get a legit big man, though not a center, and a sweet, young, scoring PG.
#Knickstaps
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
12/17/2001  5:17 PM
Nick ain't that young bigsm00th, he's 31 years old like Spree and has a incentive rich contract. Forget about Nick, lot's of good PG's in the upcoming draft. All trades need to be for either a true sized SF or an semi quick Center like Marc.
BigSm00th
USA
12/17/2001  6:40 PM
Yeah, I partially agree. If the Knicks draft a PG, they'll have 4, and none of the PGs can really help them. Frank Williams, Dan Dickau, Tito Maddox and maybe even Troy Bell might be available for where the Knicks will probably draft, but will any of those guards make a big impact of the Knicks? I've said it once and I'll say it again, for Houston and even Camby to thrive, they both need a big man downlow to draw doubles, which is what you'd get w/ McDyess. Marc Jackson was a rookie of the year, McDyess was all-NBA team, and if they got McDyess, the Knicks could draft a PG in the draft (or, knowing them, they could screw up the pick and re-draft Freddy Weis.)
#Knickstaps
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
12/18/2001  5:07 AM
Our team consists out of too many "tweaks" to maintain status quo. Although I like your trade Nick is at his prime which ain't a good time to acquire a player. Upcoming draft is simply loaded with good PG's and we just have to get lucky, we're due a good pick don't you think?
BigSm00th
USA
12/18/2001  1:16 PM
Yeah, I agree with that, I just feel the Knicks desperately need a big man. Trade Van Exel on draft day to trade up, maybe go from getting Dan Dickau to getting Troy Bell, I do think the Knicks need to take advantage of this draft, but they also desperatley need a big man.
#Knickstaps
NYK/Den/Mia Trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy