Member: #6096

1/31/2016  10:13 PM
It looks like JB Smoove will be more entertaining than the game tonight
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/31/2016  10:14 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Afflalo vs Klay was really the difference.

Would be curious to see what AA's numbers are vs good teams.

nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
1/31/2016  10:17 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
nixluva wrote:Now that this ones over the Knicks need to get down to business on this upcoming stretch of games! I'd love to see a nice 5-1 or 4-2 stretch.

Yeah we need a good run

These upcoming games aren't pushovers but these are the kind of teams we're gonna have to beat to get into the playoffs. Gotta focus in on this stretch. Tighten up their execution and take it to these teams.

Tue 2 BOS
Thu 4 @DET
Fri 5 MEM
Sun 7 DEN
Tue 9 WSH
Fri 19 @BKN
Sat 20 @MIN
Mon 22 TOR
Wed 24 @IND
Fri 26 ORL
Sun 28 MIA

The stretch leading up to the all-star break is very important. We should go 4-1 in that stretch. Highly important.

Yeah I was not worried about losing this game as our chances were slim but this upcoming stretch is where this team has to make some progress.

NumberTwoPencil
Member: #481
USA
1/31/2016  10:19 PM
Way back . . . whoa, CrushAlot did I hear you say "Not sure what the Knicks can do with the game being called the way it is." I think the only way the refs could have kept the Knicks in this game would have been to throw, oh, Thompson, Green, Curry, and maybe Iguodala out of MSG and maybe reassign Livingston to the Knicks. Even then . . . I'm not sure the Knicks would have had a chance. The only win for the Knicks today, refs or not, was whatever Porzigis learned from seeing GS in the flesh:)
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/31/2016  10:32 PM
NumberTwoPencil wrote:Way back . . . whoa, CrushAlot did I hear you say "Not sure what the Knicks can do with the game being called the way it is." I think the only way the refs could have kept the Knicks in this game would have been to throw, oh, Thompson, Green, Curry, and maybe Iguodala out of MSG and maybe reassign Livingston to the Knicks. Even then . . . I'm not sure the Knicks would have had a chance. The only win for the Knicks today, refs or not, was whatever Porzigis learned from seeing GS in the flesh:)

First half. The announcers were pointing out the bad calls and showing some of them on replay.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/31/2016  10:44 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Afflalo vs Klay was really the difference.

Would be curious to see what AA's numbers are vs good teams.

terrible i bet.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

1/31/2016  11:09 PM
well that was close BRIGGS. lol. it hurts youre credibility when your prediction is SOOOOOOOOOOO incorrect. but then again, you had the balls to predict something - including the score prediction. but then again, you had nothing to lose. the benefit of reward heavily outweighs the consequence of failure. you wouldve reached immortal status. so i get it lol #Icarus
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/31/2016  11:33 PM
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:GSW's just showed us how long we still have to go to become contenders.

To be fair, GSW beat the Cavs and Spurs by 30+ recently, too. They're just far and away the best team in the league.

maybe we can figure out philly's secret

They fell asleep vs Philly. Draymond blamed his own "selfish unselfishness" - selfishly chasing assists - something you've made fun of me for suggesting NBA players do. They do it.

I wish that we could have players who loved chasing assists.

selfishly chasing assists is a bit of and oxymoron

Not if he's doing it to achieve a triple double when there are better and easier options for GS to score points.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

1/31/2016  11:47 PM
In fairness to Briggs, he did have a 116 in his prediction. The spirits aren't always clear.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/1/2016  12:00 AM
nixluva wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
nixluva wrote:Now that this ones over the Knicks need to get down to business on this upcoming stretch of games! I'd love to see a nice 5-1 or 4-2 stretch.

Yeah we need a good run

These upcoming games aren't pushovers but these are the kind of teams we're gonna have to beat to get into the playoffs. Gotta focus in on this stretch. Tighten up their execution and take it to these teams.

Tue 2 BOS
Thu 4 @DET
Fri 5 MEM
Sun 7 DEN
Tue 9 WSH
Fri 19 @BKN
Sat 20 @MIN
Mon 22 TOR
Wed 24 @IND
Fri 26 ORL
Sun 28 MIA

No games are push overs when you are the Knicks. We are not good. Maybe Philly, Milwaukee or Orlando. I would say the pathetic Nets but we can't even beat them

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/1/2016  2:13 AM
This is like when BRIGGS predicted WCS to the knicks in the draft was a "done deal"
Gudris
Member: #6213

2/1/2016  8:15 AM
KP ruined whole game with those 2 stupid fouls
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/1/2016  8:21 AM
Gudris wrote:KP ruined whole game with those 2 stupid fouls
That's ridiculous. First of the first foul was on Gallo because he gave it to KP at the wrong time so it was nothing KP could do. Secondly Afflalo was really the biggest weakness for us last night. I understand KP didn't have his best defensive night but he was dealing with the illness and yes he did have some foul trouble. The fact is we need to upgrade both guard positions
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

2/1/2016  8:37 AM
crzymdups wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:GSW's just showed us how long we still have to go to become contenders.

To be fair, GSW beat the Cavs and Spurs by 30+ recently, too. They're just far and away the best team in the league.

Exactly. We're not that far behind the non-GSW teams. They are just setting a new standard for greatness in the league. Nobody is beating them this year - 4 losses so far (record is 10). Maybe SAS can give them trouble in a playoff series...MAYBE.

But they are just so much faster, so much quicker to shoot, so many scorers, and solid D. It's a recipe for domination. Hate to use the "D" word, but it could be the next NBA dynasty forming here. We'll see.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/1/2016  10:06 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
nixluva wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Yeah we need a good run

Tue 2 BOS
Thu 4 @DET
Fri 5 MEM
Sun 7 DEN
Tue 9 WSH
Fri 19 @BKN
Sat 20 @MIN
Mon 22 TOR
Wed 24 @IND
Fri 26 ORL
Sun 28 MIA

No games are push overs when you are the Knicks. We are not good. Maybe Philly, Milwaukee or Orlando. I would say the pathetic Nets but we can't even beat them

It's not about games being "push overs". Even when this team loses for the most part they battle hard. They may have bad shooting nights like last night but they do play hard and are rarely blown out. I think this team would be over .500 if Melo doesn't miss the 6 games he did. In fact the other minor health issues we've had with players took a toll. This team isn't good enough to win without core players.

If the Knicks core guys, Melo, KP, RoLo, AA, LT, Gallo and DWill can stay healthy over the next month, I can see them putting up a winning record over the next 10 games. I think this is a better team than the current record might indicate. Meaning that this team plays better than a sub .500 team at this point in the season. Don't let the Warriors warp your opinion of the team. GS is so elite that you can't really use a loss to them as any kind of gauge.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/1/2016  10:13 AM
Moonangie wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Exactly. We're not that far behind the non-GSW teams. They are just setting a new standard for greatness in the league. Nobody is beating them this year - 4 losses so far (record is 10). Maybe SAS can give them trouble in a playoff series...MAYBE.

But they are just so much faster, so much quicker to shoot, so many scorers, and solid D. It's a recipe for domination. Hate to use the "D" word, but it could be the next NBA dynasty forming here. We'll see.

I think OKC is really the only team that could beat GSW in a playoffs series right now. GSW is a bad bad matchup for the Spurs. Clippers if they were fully healthy could give them a good run, but they are not healthy with Blake and they seem like they're mentally weaker than ever this season.

I hope we get a chance to see OKC play them. Russ vs Steph for two weeks would be a lot of fun. And GSW doesn't really have anyone to guard Durant if he's on. Durant would have to average 40ppg on 60% shooting against Golden State... but I seriously think he could do that over a 7 game series. Durant goes off and Westbrook plays Curry evenly... OKC would have a shot.

¿ △ ?
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/1/2016  12:03 PM
https://vine.co/v/i50lhAtlmAj
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/1/2016  2:07 PM
callmened wrote:well that was close BRIGGS. lol. it hurts youre credibility when your prediction is SOOOOOOOOOOO incorrect. but then again, you had the balls to predict something - including the score prediction. but then again, you had nothing to lose. the benefit of reward heavily outweighs the consequence of failure. you wouldve reached immortal status. so i get it lol #Icarus

This is just like one of Brigg's mock drafts -- new prediction coming later today and if he gets lucky with the next one we will be reminded of it for next 10 years.

callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

2/1/2016  5:31 PM
markvmc wrote:In fairness to Briggs, he did have a 116 in his prediction. The spirits aren't always clear.

this cracked me up...lolololol

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
Prediction Knicks beat golden state

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy