[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Isiah stop begging for crawford
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/22/2004  9:07 AM
OK he's a good player but his value is best as a 6-5 PG not a chucking 2G who can go 3-17 or 10-17 on any given day. how much do we want to pay this guy? 9-10mm a year + take payroll back? come on, lets move on here
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
7/22/2004  9:11 AM
Begging? It really doesn't seem that way. If Isiah were getting desperate the deal would probably be done by now. Replacing one of the Huge long term contracts with Pippens (one year left) in exchange for not including Moochie seems like a good alternative for the Knicks.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/22/2004  9:15 AM
Posted by Andrew:

Begging? It really doesn't seem that way.

I agree; he is NOT begging. The Bulls have made it clear that they don't want Moochie and Isiah is taking a FIRM stand, indicating that he is NOT willing to give in to their demands.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/22/2004  9:15 AM
There's no begging. He knows he has a deal if he puts in Mutombo instead of Moochie. He's the one holding out and he's got Paxson waiting. And committing the money to Crawford is not that big of a deal...he's 23 years old and is improving. We need a long term solution at SG. The other contracts? ERob's only got two years left and his expiring deals will go with Penny's and Gazy's. Jerome Williams could actually help us. Isiah is doing a good job here.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
7/22/2004  9:22 AM
For some reason I don't see the Bulls holding their breath on this - they are the ones with the upper hand...Isiah is the one asking for their players - they did not come to us looking for Shandon, Moochie, etc. I don't see this deal happening, especially because of the amount of press coverage it has gotten.

Who knew Shaq was going to Miami? All signs were to Dallas until 4 days before he was traded. Dampier to NY? According the the papers he was meeting with the Hawks 2 days ago and then would choose between NY or Atl - apparently NY had a deal with Golden State already approved, just waiting for Damp to say yes - well guess what, its been 3 days and nothing has happened. The papers are pure speculation and I don't think any of us has an idea of whats really going on behind the scenes.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/22/2004  9:25 AM
I'm with Briggs on the value of Crawford. I know he's got great skills and has a lot to learn (like how to play defense). That being said if 10% of what we are reading is true I like what Isiah is doing. He's pawning off our scrubs for players that actually fill needs. If this is a long term vision Crawford and Sweetney are solid young players. Jerome Williams is a high energy player, a tough defender and can play both forward spots. When you look at the names involved its an awfully good deal for us. We upgrade talent and fill needs.. I fail to see the problem.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
7/22/2004  9:26 AM
so true... the more you read about something like this the more you can be sure nothing is going down.

The only time these crappy papers have EVER been right was w/ KVH and Spree, but they talked about it for 3 years before it happened.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/22/2004  9:48 AM
crawford has a ton of potential and we've all beat this discussion to death but at the end of the day, we'd be getting the two best players in the deal (crawford and jyd) and getting rid of dead weight (shandon). plus the contracts we're taking back aren't that crazy.

crawford is EXACTLY the type of player we should've been going after for the past 3 years. young, athletic, and could possibly become a star. and a backcourt of him and marbury for the next 5 years would be a pretty good combo, especially during playoff time.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/22/2004  11:46 AM

I know Isiah is seeing it this way....Knicks got Ariza to sign and he still has Penny so why would he need Eddie Robinson if the Bulls weren't taking back Moochie.

I think Paxson is a cornball and he thinks Isiah is stupid or something. The type of deal that Paxson wants is kind of a fantasy baskeball trade.....in those fantasy leagues no one wants to make a trade unless it's a fleece.

Mullin is a nut too....

I feel Isiah should try his best and if nothing comes of it screw both the Warriors and the Bulls. He should boycott making any deals with them for the remainder of his stay in NY.

For one getting Othella and Nazr make more sense than trading NVE for Dale Davis......on top of that why did he sign Fisher for? NVE is in th efinal year and he is better so why no just keep NVE and make the Nazr, Othella trade and forget about Fisher? Bad Business.....yet they want low ball Isiah like he is an idiot.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
7/22/2004  12:03 PM
if he wants crawford so bad than give the bulls what they want. it's quite obvious what chicago is willing to do and what they wont--giving up deke instead of moochie isnt going to mean all that much anyway because we have no chance of winning this year--if he thinks crawford is that good then what is the big deal about givng Chicago a little less crp?
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
7/22/2004  12:09 PM
like you always said... checks and balances. He probably has some meter on what he will and wont give up, some line he's drawn. I have said all along doing nothing isnt bad as your expiring contracts will have a much greater value at the trading deadline. Heck, we could have had Ratliff/Rahim. Every year its a new team dumping their best players to start over.

I think Crawford is a nice piece but if you give up all your expiring contracts in a deal now that means its probably the last trade your making this year.

Also this is assuming what being reported is true. why would anyone assume it is? We just never know until its done.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/22/2004  12:16 PM
the Post reported that Isiah wants Pippen to be included in this deal now in return for taking Moochie out of it & replacing him w/Trybanksi

my thinking is that maybe Isiah's maneuvering for another piece that he can use in the Dampier trade, since the Warriors now have no real use for Nazr's contract...a combo of Mutombo & Pippen's expiring contracts maybe enough to get them to agree to a sign & trade of Dampier, since both those veterans can still contribute & would be good mentors for their younger players to emulate.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BRIGGS
7/22/2004  12:19 PM
i assume nothing--i just go by what isiah said to the media. again it doesnt matter what anyone thinks, to me it is clear IMHO that isiah loves crawford. if he loves him that much what would be the big difference in giving up deke for moochie. deke is 90 years old and while he obviously could still help the club--IF isiah loves this player so much, i dont think that it should be such a barrier to finalize a deal. there are other options for bigmen

RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/22/2004  12:26 PM
i just go by what isiah said to the media

Isiah already stated to the media that he's not willing to include Deke in the trade for Crawford because then he'd be left w/only 2 bigmen in Nazr & KT that can play the C position...obviously, that can't be taken at face value since he was perfectly willing to factor Deke out of his future plans anyway...there HAS to be some other reason he's holding out here...& that reason has to be Dampier...if Isiah can get another ending contract of a player who may address a need from the Warriors standpoint, then he can possibly land both players.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/22/2004  1:14 PM
The premise of this thread is false.

He has been holding the line to this point.

Nice smear.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/22/2004  2:02 PM
Deke can play 7-10 minutes of quality center in the right stituations.

He has 6 fouls to throw at the Heat.

Moochie and 3 mil is the same as deke. If Isiah can't land anybody, we really do need Deke. No guarantee Vin gets here either.

KT is prime trading. Deke may just back up Nazr!
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/22/2004  2:05 PM
hey, the only reason isiah doesn't want to give up deke is b/c he's an expiring contract that would definitely be more valuable at the all star break. he doesn't want to blow his wad right now and leave us with no options come february. plus, an expiring deke contract can probably get us a playing better than crawford.
BRIGGS
7/22/2004  2:53 PM
well if you believe deke is the answer for winning a championship, then i guess you keep him. i dont think you will do much better than the crp we are sending chicago to get crawford and if you want something bad enough-you will go another route for a big man. hey i would just offer othella for wagner this way you have a back up 2 without a headache. to much headache in this one--like i said last week time to move off this either give them less crp[which is pretty much our deal] or move off. i dont think chicago is going to relent--i think they may up their offer to jamal a few mm and just keep him. what are they getting from the knicks--isiah is saying take my sht for your sht and give me your second best player for the hll of it.
RIP Crushalot😞
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
7/22/2004  3:06 PM
I wish we had John Wallace.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
7/22/2004  3:10 PM
We are taking all there bad deals away and giving them guys they can actually use, Anderson will play for them, E-Rob will never get out of Skile's and Paxon's doghouse. Craw wants out of the Bulls, they have pissed him of majorly, he will also be a headache playing for a contract next year w/ anothe team. He will play sellfsih padding his stats and will not care about the bulls at all. Keeping him would be a bad move for the paxon/skiles regime, as they will keep essentially 2 biggest dissenters on the team thus sending a message that you really don't have to buy into what skiles is screamin in your ear. FW is a nice player too btw. OH is a servicable backup on a bad team. Trybanksi will just expire. Mooch we are paying for. The Bulls are just being retarded. They are not gong to get a better deal. In the end of the day we can just offer Craw an MLE and maybe he'll take and the Bulls can't match that cause they are gonna sine the Euro guy.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Isiah stop begging for crawford

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy