[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: OKC
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/26/2016  10:42 PM
magicTs wrote:New York Giants. New York Knicks. How good would both be in the 2016-16 season without 4th quarters!!!

God would I love to see Durrant beside KP and Melo at MSG next October.

Damn you had to remind us of the Giants. Both teams do everything possible to lose winnable games. They are very good at it

AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

1/26/2016  10:42 PM
TPercy wrote:I do commend Fish,however, for permitting a little bit less of the triangle. It definitely benefited a couple of our players and helped to keep us in the game..

The only thing they did different was that they ran the ball more which they should do regardless. Some teams who have run the Triangle in the past, have run the ball and played at a higher tempo. We don't do that because our starting 5 isn't that quick. But when you play Williams at 4, Grant and Galloway in the backcourt, Lance at 3, all of a sudden you're very fast.
gunsnewing
USA
1/26/2016  10:47 PM
Chandler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
WP76 wrote:This one is setting up to be another punch to the groin after blowing an 11 point lead in the fourth quarter and so many misses by AA.

We certainly been the best in the league at blowing 4th double digit leads and the main reason is all the 4th quarter play-calling & isos. Been an issue for the past 4yrs

Without knowing if the stats back this up there certainly seems some truth to this

There Are a lot of scenarios I can see where we'd be more effective I. 4th, eg, attack the rim.

We are near top in ft%. We get them in penalty sooner. Perhaps force foul outs of key player. I am happy they competed tonight but am beginning to think fisher is like mark Jackson. A very good coach. But not championship timber. I hope I'm wrong

Yea both give good motivational lockerroom speeches but horrible X&O's

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

1/26/2016  10:47 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
TPercy wrote:I do commend Fish,however, for permitting a little bit less of the triangle. It definitely benefited a couple of our players and helped to keep us in the game..

The only thing they did different was that they ran the ball more which they should do regardless. Some teams who have run the Triangle in the past, have run the ball and played at a higher tempo. We don't do that because our starting 5 isn't that quick. But when you play Williams at 4, Grant and Galloway in the backcourt, Lance at 3, all of a sudden you're very fast.

Fair point. I didn't see that many triangle sets, espeicially in the first half.

The Future is Bright!
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
1/26/2016  10:48 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Another "moral" victory

thanks to fisher

Some of you need to wake up and find a basketball IQ. Fisher just caoched a great game and brought us to OT against OKC without Melo. Great coaching job.

We could ands should have won this game. The last four possessions in regulation with AA isolating are the reasons why we lost. Who do you blame ??? Some of you will kill AA, but as a coach, when you called two TOs and drew the same play to feed the same dude who missed in the previous two possessions, you have to assume some of the blames

Agreed..surprisingly.

I do see growth in Fisher and I hope he uses this game as a teaching moment.4 possessions for the same guy was too freaking much.

You keep harping on the last 4 possesion in regulation...except they weren't 4 straight AA isos. It was KP lefty layup, dwill dunk, AA jumper after a bad ofennsive possesion where he got hte ball with 8 secs on the shot clock andthen the final shot of the game.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

1/26/2016  10:53 PM
Andrew wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

thanks to fisher

Some of you need to wake up and find a basketball IQ. Fisher just caoched a great game and brought us to OT against OKC without Melo. Great coaching job.

We could ands should have won this game. The last four possessions in regulation with AA isolating are the reasons why we lost. Who do you blame ??? Some of you will kill AA, but as a coach, when you called two TOs and drew the same play to feed the same dude who missed in the previous two possessions, you have to assume some of the blames

Agreed..surprisingly.

I do see growth in Fisher and I hope he uses this game as a teaching moment.4 possessions for the same guy was too freaking much.

You keep harping on the last 4 possesion in regulation...except they weren't 4 straight AA isos. It was KP lefty layup, dwill dunk, AA jumper after a bad ofennsive possesion where he got hte ball with 8 secs on the shot clock andthen the final shot of the game.

Andrew, are you talking about the forth quarter?

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
nyknickzingis

1/26/2016  10:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/26/2016  10:56 PM
The positive I take in tonight is that the team's shown how good it is in terms of being a supporting cast for Melo.
I repeat, the major issue we have is that Melo makes the money worth 3 Afflao's or 3 good players for us. With his physical decline, while he has played at a near MVP level in a 15 game stretch, the rest of the season has seen him either injured, or coming back from an injury and not looking well (early this season). He also missed half of last season. At some point, Phil Jackson has to realize that Melo isn't going to be this team's #1 guy, or be the star that can carry them to the playoffs. You see what Durant and Westbrook did tonight. That's a star that can carry you to the playoffs ever year. There's a few of them in the league, and Melo has the game for it but I question if he has the body left to do it. He reminds me of Dwight Howard in that he's still a very good player, one of the best at his spots when healthy, but he isn't healthy enough anymore. The problem for us is that Melo is making the money of 3 of our players. If we say had 2 starting caliber guards on this team instead of Melo, we'd be more competitive than the 22-25 record we have. A team that has the supporting cast of Porzingis, Lopez, Willilams, Afflalo, Thomas, Galloway etc. should not be missing the playoffs if they've truly invested in an appropriate star. I hate saying this but everytime I see a night like tonight, I think man, we either should have gotten Melo to stay for 18 million a year tops or sign and traded him to the Bulls for some assets. I do fully acknolwdge and love his commitment and development as a player, I just question if we'll ever be a top team in the East with him being the #1 guy to rely on. And so long as Melo is there, I doubt the team can ever truly be someone else's like KP's (Not saying KP is ready to be the man now but even if he is in a year or so, I doubt it becomes his team to lead so long as Melo is on the roster).

Killer? Melo's going to make nearly 25, 26+ and 28 million over the next 3 season's after this one. Going to be awfully hard to build an elite team if he can't stay healthy and carry them like a guy who makes that sort of money should. Top it off, he has a NTC. If he is ever to be put on the block, they'd get pennies on the dollar as he'd be able to dictate where he goes.

Andrew
USA
1/26/2016  10:58 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:Andrew, are you talking about the forth quarter?

Yes

PURE KNICKS LOVE
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
1/26/2016  10:58 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

thanks to fisher

i am sorry but how many iso affalo did we see play after play after play in the last 5 mins of 4th quarter. i mean are you kidding me that he coached a good game...its not how you start...it's how you finish

coaches coach and players are supposed to execute. afflalo is not executing what the coach is play calling.

so why put him into the game!!!!!

good question!!!!!!

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

1/26/2016  11:08 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
magicTs wrote:New York Giants. New York Knicks. How good would both be in the 2016-16 season without 4th quarters!!!

God would I love to see Durrant beside KP and Melo at MSG next October.

Damn you had to remind us of the Giants. Both teams do everything possible to lose winnable games. They are very good at it

http://www.everythingsouthcity.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/SF-Giants-world-champs-2010-2012-2014-SF-Giants.jpg

No no...
you mean as GOOD as my GIANTs in 2016 (TBD)

WRONG Giants
The hustle and wit & grit of my Knickerbockers need to mimic my SFGiants MLB team the "uncrowned" 2016 Champs possibly ??

3x,MLB W/S champs!
5 times as MLB NewYork Giants, which I wasn't even born then
LOL

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
nyknickzingis

1/26/2016  11:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/26/2016  11:12 PM
I get on Fish when he does bad, but tonight he did a great job. Some things just don't work out. Afflalo is a core player this year for us, and our #2 option with Melo - who becomes the defacto #1 with Melo out. Not Fish's fault Afflalo couldn't score a basket. Afflalo seems tired. The long season has caught up with him. We really need a capable wing to spot Afflalo. He needs to get his minutes in the 25-27 range. He's been playing 37 minutes a game the last 10. 37 minutes guys. Too much. That's how depleted we are in terms of a wing/capable backup 2. Galloway is far better at 1. Grant is definitely a 1. I like the Grant/Gallo backcourt but it can't be relied on for long stretches. Need a 2 that can spot Afflalo 8-10 minutes a half. Even Calderon has been overplayed. Guys like Calderon and Afflalo shouldn't be playing as much as they have been. It's been our lack of reliablity from the backups. Don't let 1 game fool you. For every night like tonight, there's 4 where Gallo/Grant don't bring it, and while I love their defensive potential I think both need another year before they can be relied on for more minutes.
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

1/26/2016  11:15 PM
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhKnicks played a remarkable game and OKC deserved to win
Superstars got hot but game was still in doubt and win-able for Knicks.

If Coach D.Fisher can't figure out that Gallant Galloway had to turn to offense
to bolster our stagnant offense and coach needed a another PG playmaker on floor with Langston
to create for others such as Kristas P and Williams, we'd have a coach who'd figure it out!

The Knicks would likely lost anyhow ..but Coach hadn't figured out Aaron Affalo shot his w_ _ ad
in the 2nd half of the game and couldn't score, then you go to another playmaker while allowing
Galloway to play in the game.

Robin Lopez not an offensive player could have been used also for his passing/decoy
for helping KP getting easier shots & taking pressure off Galloway PG. Galloway played great.

J.Grant showed up and played decent but wasn't in the mix of 4th qtr. , NOR the overtime

Fisher is easy target as coach but Knicks will learn from it
D.Fisher will NOT LEARN from it.

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Kemet
Member: #6148

1/26/2016  11:45 PM
The only stats OKC got the better of us were ...
OKC out-rebounded us 59 - 43
plus on offensive-rebounds 16 - 9
The second chance shots from offensive-rebounds are what gave OKC the game.
Fisher not playing Lopez in the 4th qtr. (nor in OT) were the big factor of win or loss
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

1/26/2016  11:50 PM
Andrew wrote:

Yes

I think we watched two very different games tonight

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
Kemet
Member: #6148

1/26/2016  11:51 PM
Make Melo a coach n trade Afflalo n Calderon .. The Knicks play a much better team-ball without Melo n Afflalo on the court
Andrew
USA
1/26/2016  11:54 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Yes

Last 4 possessions or regulation right?

1:28 Knicks Full timeout
1:13 109-111 Kristaps Porzingis makes driving layup
1:02 Russell Westbrook bad pass (Langston Galloway steals) 109-111
0:59 109-113 Derrick Williams makes driving layup (Langston Galloway assists)
0:59 Thunder 20 Sec. timeout
0:51 Kevin Durant misses layup 109-113
0:49 Serge Ibaka offensive rebound 109-113
0:48 Serge Ibaka makes 6-foot two point shot 111-113
0:42 Knicks 20 Sec. timeout
0:26 111-113 Arron Afflalo misses 11-foot two point shot
0:24 Serge Ibaka defensive rebound 111-113
0:16 Kevin Durant makes 13-foot jumper (Russell Westbrook assists) 113-113
0:16 Knicks 20 Sec. timeout
0:00 113-113 Arron Afflalo misses two point shot
0:00 113-113 Knicks offensive team rebound
0:00 End of the 4th Quarter

PURE KNICKS LOVE
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/27/2016  12:04 AM
Knicks1969 wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Yes

I just finished watching. 4th ended with Gallo 3 109-109, KP lefty drive in lane 111-109, Dwill breakaway 113-109, Ibaka putback 113-111, Aa gets ball with about 6 seconds on shot clock miss, durant off curl, AA miss at buzzer.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
blkexec
Member: #748
1/27/2016  12:04 AM
Kemet wrote:The only stats OKC got the better of us were ...
Fisher not playing Lopez in the 4th qtr. (nor in OT) were the big factor of win or loss

Yes.....KP is a blind side help defender type shot blocker.....Lopez is our best rebounder and defender against old school centers like Kanter. Fishers decisions of subs and lack of offensive guidance with AA hurt us. AA tried to score from the post too much, even against a 6"9 player. AA is a great 6 man.....but hes should not be your second scorer.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/27/2016  12:07 AM
blkexec wrote:
Kemet wrote:The only stats OKC got the better of us were ...

Yes.....KP is a blind side help defender type shot blocker.....Lopez is our best rebounder and defender against old school centers like Kanter. Fishers decisions of subs and lack of offensive guidance with AA hurt us. AA tried to score from the post too much, even against a 6"9 player. AA is a great 6 man.....but hes should not be your second scorer.

Not sure why you mention Kanter and Lopez. Kanter did nothing and Knicks didn't well when he was on floor.

I want KP to demand ball, he didn't seem to.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
gunsnewing
USA
1/27/2016  7:08 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:The positive I take in tonight is that the team's shown how good it is in terms of being a supporting cast for Melo.
I repeat, the major issue we have is that Melo makes the money worth 3 Afflao's or 3 good players for us. With his physical decline, while he has played at a near MVP level in a 15 game stretch, the rest of the season has seen him either injured, or coming back from an injury and not looking well (early this season). He also missed half of last season. At some point, Phil Jackson has to realize that Melo isn't going to be this team's #1 guy, or be the star that can carry them to the playoffs. You see what Durant and Westbrook did tonight. That's a star that can carry you to the playoffs ever year. There's a few of them in the league, and Melo has the game for it but I question if he has the body left to do it. He reminds me of Dwight Howard in that he's still a very good player, one of the best at his spots when healthy, but he isn't healthy enough anymore. The problem for us is that Melo is making the money of 3 of our players. If we say had 2 starting caliber guards on this team instead of Melo, we'd be more competitive than the 22-25 record we have. A team that has the supporting cast of Porzingis, Lopez, Willilams, Afflalo, Thomas, Galloway etc. should not be missing the playoffs if they've truly invested in an appropriate star. I hate saying this but everytime I see a night like tonight, I think man, we either should have gotten Melo to stay for 18 million a year tops or sign and traded him to the Bulls for some assets. I do fully acknolwdge and love his commitment and development as a player, I just question if we'll ever be a top team in the East with him being the #1 guy to rely on. And so long as Melo is there, I doubt the team can ever truly be someone else's like KP's (Not saying KP is ready to be the man now but even if he is in a year or so, I doubt it becomes his team to lead so long as Melo is on the roster).

Killer? Melo's going to make nearly 25, 26+ and 28 million over the next 3 season's after this one. Going to be awfully hard to build an elite team if he can't stay healthy and carry them like a guy who makes that sort of money should. Top it off, he has a NTC. If he is ever to be put on the block, they'd get pennies on the dollar as he'd be able to dictate where he goes.

Well said. It pains me to say it but what is going on with Melo was exactly my biggest fear after Phil shocked us and made him out for 5 more years. As I said he's been in the league 13 years playing 40 minutes a night sinc he was 19yrs old. Allan Houston played much few minutes at a less grinding position and we managed to cut his career short.

The absolute worst thing for this franchise & guys like KP is Melo sitting a the end of the bench in a suit and collecting his $125m as the NBA go inure to be the joke it is with guaranteed contracts. It's even worse now that everyone knows Gooden St is going to win and Cleveland is going to meet them in the finals only because the East is so disgraceful. The NBA is a tough follow to begin with. If we lose Melo like we lost H20, Mcdyess & Amare then it's going to be even tougher to watch

Gamethread: OKC

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy