[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

1/21/2016  5:24 PM
I like Sasha's energy and effort on both ends... the problem is that he has put up some of the ugliest missed shots I have ever seen. I actually cringe when he takes an outside shot...almost seems like there is a 50% chance it doesn't even hit the rim.

Not sure what's going on...Is it a mental problem, or is his shot simply broken beyond repair?

Very frustrating because he could have been a valuable part of the rotation if he just had the streaky shooting game he used to have.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

1/21/2016  6:00 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Chandler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
crzymdups wrote:One thing about Sasha last night - he does know how to run the damn offense. He came in last night when things were dire and it was like he ran a little two minute clinic on how to set up good shots in the Triangle and then Galloway and Grant were like "ohhhh, okay. alright. fine." Watch the shots they were getting before Sasha came in and then the shots they got with Sasha running things briefly. It was like he was a coach on the floor to fix the offense last night.
great basketball post. People just see Sasha come in and the Fisher hate starts. I read one guy in this thread comment 4 times that KP's foul on Haywood was on Fisher (SMH). Very few teams and coaches foul there. I get the logic but dont really agree. You foul you hand the other team points and control of the ball. I understand why coaches hate doing that.

Great game. KP continues to develop and work through his rookie mistakes while playing good bal. DadMelo is a top 10 NBA player without question. The Knicks have a good defensive team. Our frontcourt is fantastic.. really elite with Melo/KP/Rolo and DWill/Lance off the bench. Obviously we need guard help.

Love watching Melo's battle with Haywood. Great game. Super exciting and entertaining. Knicks have some heart

Agree re great post

Not sure I agree about ur point on the foul. if you foul (eg w 2 secs) left and assuming not in the act of shooting worst case is a 2 shot foul. You're up by 3. Lots of coaches will defend the 3 pt line in a that instance to prevent the 3 pt attempt

Lt made the same mistake on a corner 3 a few games back. Regardless of whose fault it is (player or coach or both) needs some attention in practice

Many teams don't foul there though - the Sixers let Melo get off a three in the same situation on Monday to take it to OT. Noel could've reached in and fouled Melo at any point and he didn't.

and I am sure that they regret that brain fart as well.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/21/2016  6:46 PM
Chandler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Chandler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
crzymdups wrote:One thing about Sasha last night - he does know how to run the damn offense. He came in last night when things were dire and it was like he ran a little two minute clinic on how to set up good shots in the Triangle and then Galloway and Grant were like "ohhhh, okay. alright. fine." Watch the shots they were getting before Sasha came in and then the shots they got with Sasha running things briefly. It was like he was a coach on the floor to fix the offense last night.
great basketball post. People just see Sasha come in and the Fisher hate starts. I read one guy in this thread comment 4 times that KP's foul on Haywood was on Fisher (SMH). Very few teams and coaches foul there. I get the logic but dont really agree. You foul you hand the other team points and control of the ball. I understand why coaches hate doing that.

Great game. KP continues to develop and work through his rookie mistakes while playing good bal. DadMelo is a top 10 NBA player without question. The Knicks have a good defensive team. Our frontcourt is fantastic.. really elite with Melo/KP/Rolo and DWill/Lance off the bench. Obviously we need guard help.

Love watching Melo's battle with Haywood. Great game. Super exciting and entertaining. Knicks have some heart

Agree re great post

Not sure I agree about ur point on the foul. if you foul (eg w 2 secs) left and assuming not in the act of shooting worst case is a 2 shot foul. You're up by 3. Lots of coaches will defend the 3 pt line in a that instance to prevent the 3 pt attempt

Lt made the same mistake on a corner 3 a few games back. Regardless of whose fault it is (player or coach or both) needs some attention in practice

Many teams don't foul there though - the Sixers let Melo get off a three in the same situation on Monday to take it to OT. Noel could've reached in and fouled Melo at any point and he didn't.

Agree. Not universal by any means. And KP certainly wishes he could have a re-do regardless. Should've never left his feet

Hopefully he learns from this like he has everything else. Clyde keeps pointing out that anytime he sees a flaw or area Porzingis needs to work on he fixes it. Clyde said right away that the Knicks need to work on this in practice.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/21/2016  7:14 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:I like Sasha's energy and effort on both ends... the problem is that he has put up some of the ugliest missed shots I have ever seen. I actually cringe when he takes an outside shot...almost seems like there is a 50% chance it doesn't even hit the rim.

Not sure what's going on...Is it a mental problem, or is his shot simply broken beyond repair?

Very frustrating because he could have been a valuable part of the rotation if he just had the streaky shooting game he used to have.

Yeah it's just weird, I was looking up his stats this afternoon and he was a decent shooter (OK, just now awful shooter) with the Lakers.

And I thought I also read that he was very good over in Europe over the past years.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy