[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Latest in Crawford talks
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
7/22/2004  2:10 AM
The Bulls can do what they want with Crawford if they want all expiring contracts AND Penny.

That's absurd.

A Knicks offer of Anderson, Trybanski, Williams, Mutumbo, and Harrington for Crawford and his two cronies JYD and Erob is more than fair, esp. considering the Knicks are the ONLY team that have gone as far as trade discussions. They get 4 expiring contracts PLUS a promising young PG from Chicago. Take it or leave it.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
7/22/2004  2:17 AM
Even though it would be blasphamy to have Pippen put on the orange and blue, I'd do this deal in a minute based on his expiring contract. Isiah's smart to ask for Pip instead. I guess I'd be able to stomache of season of Scottie. After all, we had to stomache Luc Longley for a season (barely). But, if this article is acurate (which may or may not be the case) I'd hope it goes through. Does Pax bite on that though?

As far as Dampier, I really think he and his agent screwed up. There was obviously a point where New York and Golden State agreed on a deal and were waiting for him to ok it. Whether that was acurate or not is another story. But assuming it is, that was obviously his best option so far. He and his agent decided to take their sweet time and taste all the fruits of free agency....meanwhile Golden State moved on. Now he finds out that Atl is only offering a 3 year deal? LOL THey obviously know his options are not where they once were. Now, possibly the Knicks and Warriors will not be able to complete that sign and trade that was once on the table. He and his agent screwed up! Only hope for them is he goes to the Pacers or Memphis which wasn't too high on their lists. Oh well!
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
7/22/2004  2:19 AM
You do make a good point Smooth
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/22/2004  3:16 AM
I think Paxson resents the way Isiah abused him as a player, and he is so fearful that he will abuse him as a GM, that he is reluctant to make anything but a one-sided trade.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
7/22/2004  7:21 AM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

Even though it would be blasphamy to have Pippen put on the orange and blue, I'd do this deal in a minute based on his expiring contract. Isiah's smart to ask for Pip instead. I guess I'd be able to stomache of season of Scottie. After all, we had to stomache Luc Longley for a season (barely). But, if this article is acurate (which may or may not be the case) I'd hope it goes through. Does Pax bite on that though?

As far as Dampier, I really think he and his agent screwed up. There was obviously a point where New York and Golden State agreed on a deal and were waiting for him to ok it. Whether that was acurate or not is another story. But assuming it is, that was obviously his best option so far. He and his agent decided to take their sweet time and taste all the fruits of free agency....meanwhile Golden State moved on. Now he finds out that Atl is only offering a 3 year deal? LOL THey obviously know his options are not where they once were. Now, possibly the Knicks and Warriors will not be able to complete that sign and trade that was once on the table. He and his agent screwed up! Only hope for them is he goes to the Pacers or Memphis which wasn't too high on their lists. Oh well!

very good points, jazz player. pippen in our uniform is the biggest slap in the face. but most likely he will be on injured reserve for the rest of the year. so we hopefully will not have to see him on the court with the uni on. images of him dunking over ewing in the playoffs and standing over him glaring is haunting enough. well it looks like we will not get him anyway.

as far as dampier goes, he and his agent thought that they had the upper hand the whole time. they tried to take advantage of the crazy market but did not realized that the main reason why those ridiculous deals were done was because they got them done quickly and efficiently. dampier did not learn that. and now he has to mull over where he is going to play. gs does'nt really care because they can just let him walk. knicks are trying but the deal on the table is not a good one. we do not have many guards with servicible contracts for gs. and atlanta is lowballing. the ultimate coup for isaih is to get crawford and dampier withour giving up the core ( marbury, houston, tt, kt). i have a feeling we may give up kt which is fine with me so sweetney will gat his minutes. but i have a feelinf isaih is holding him out for another deal ( walker?). very interesting month so far but no results. too much leakage to get things done. this is always a problem.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/22/2004  8:46 AM
The Post has learned.

Now *THATS* funny

I would love to see Pippen spend his last year in the NBA riding pine either in a suit or getting booed by the home team every time he hits the floor. It would be a fitting end. Besides you know he would only be here until the trading deadline... he's just move expiring contract fodder.

As for ERob he's been injured because of poor conditioning and no work ethic. He's also be fined several times for poor attitude, etc. Remember the cell phone thing w/ Eddie Curry. The best part about ERob is he's NOT Shandon Anderson.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/22/2004  9:11 AM
Hell, if Pippen can play a little defense still, he might have some use. If not, let him ride the pine and will deal him at the deadline for a useful part. I don't mind getting him.

As for Dampier, he just might have to pick his choice of full MLE offers at this point. He can take a 1 year deal and try next year, but that might be risky if he comes up empty again. Maybe he takes 6 years so he can have some security and close out his career. He doesn't have much choice unless he wants to go to Atlanta for 3 years. He's the only big name FA who didnt really get what he wanted this offseason. If I were him I'd fire my agent...
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/22/2004  9:13 AM
ERob can play some D and hit open J's. If he's a malcontent, let him ride the pine. I think a change of scenery might help him though.
fishmike
USA
7/22/2004  9:28 AM
he's young, so thats always the hope. Also, did I mention he's NOT shandon anderson?
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/22/2004  9:46 AM
I recall reading that Scottie Pippen is planning to retire-

I thought if he did that, his salary immediately came off- could be wrong.

I wouldn't mind YYD or E Robb- their both energy type players- but Chicago can't just expect us to give them all our favorable deals-

It almost seems as though IT would rather keep Deke to have as a back up- he was effective in spurts last year, no question- or in a better deal- such as Vince or Antoine.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/22/2004  10:45 AM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

Very true. It looked like the Knicks and the Warrirs had a deal and he would only have to agree to it. His deal was already bigger than the Hawks offer but still he wanted to look around. Not even after knowing that the Hawks' offer was shorter than NY's he trued to get the deal done. He had to consider other options that would probably pay him lower than the Knicks. Being the questionmark he is the deal the Knicks were offering was a steal. He waited and this GS deal caught him by surprise, probably affecting a lot his free-agency tour. Now more than ever Golden State may let him just walk, making all his options non-lucrative ones. The Hawks are intelligent to lowball him, and this may push him to sign for the MLE, and who knows how an underachiever will play feeling that he is not well-paid. It could be a fitting ending for him to sign for the MLE, probably what he deserves.
Knicks_Fan
fishmike
USA
7/22/2004  10:55 AM
this is so typical and just another example of how agents feed bad info to their clients. This is exactly what happened w/ Olowakandi in is restricted year. The Clippers (who never pay) offered him $60mm over 6 years. He want closer to $80. He played for the qualifying offer, was banged up and wound up signing w/ Sota for the MLE. So far he stands to lose about $40mm plus. Good job by that agent.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/22/2004  11:05 AM
Posted by fishmike:

this is so typical and just another example of how agents feed bad info to their clients. This is exactly what happened w/ Olowakandi in is restricted year. The Clippers (who never pay) offered him $60mm over 6 years. He want closer to $80. He played for the qualifying offer, was banged up and wound up signing w/ Sota for the MLE. So far he stands to lose about $40mm plus. Good job by that agent.

Greed. They never learn...
Knicks_Fan
tkf
Member: #87
7/22/2004  11:06 AM
dampier and his agent were greedy, they tried to use atlanta to drive up the price on the knicks.. The hawks GM knight is cool with Thomas and probably saw right through this scam, so they offered Damp a cheaper deal.. Right now If I am the knicks I go back to dampier with a lower deal, i know this may seem like a slap in the face, but I would put that back on he and his agent playing games,we had a nice offer on the table, this will gauge how much he really wants to come to NY, I contend that that lazy azz bastard only wanted to come to NY because we were willing to overpay.....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/22/2004  11:35 AM

The media said we had a deal, BOth parties never said we were close.
tkf
Member: #87
7/22/2004  1:02 PM
Posted by Nalod:

The media said we had a deal, BOth parties never said we were close.

true....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Latest in Crawford talks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy