[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If we kept Scvheyd Larkin and Aldrich
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/17/2016  6:27 AM
Given playing time Schveyd was very good-- something we really do not have-- a guard who can penetrate dish sho it from 3 and fill it up. I believe Cple Aldrich given pt is just as good as Lopez and you can see over the last 2 games and his per minute production all year that the argument holds water. And despite a couple porous games Larkin has been a reliable back up pg something we have not had with Grant.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
1/17/2016  7:27 AM
I think 28 -13 is pushing it. I am not sure if playing GM in hindsight would have significantly changed things. Calderon was kept for stability til Grant would mature but he can't shoot yet. Thus Jose and Grant would still get their minutes even with Larkin who has obviously improved. Alex S would have played 12-15 a night and yes that would have helped. But at whos expense. ? Sasha? We know what role Sasha played with KP and it's helped. Yes Aldrich over Seraphin I'll grant you yet once KP puts on another 10-15 lbs this summer he will find time at the 5 and Lopez will effectively play the back up ... Both Seraphin and Alrich won't be the Answer but the rookie from Spain will be !!!
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/17/2016  8:31 AM
BRIGGS wrote:and did not have Admundson and Seraphin--wed be 28-13 right now.

I wonder when its opt out time if guys like Affalo D Will are gone the same way?

LOL 28-13, Those guys are not plus 8 wins. Your right that they are better players I would never of let go of Aldrich, that was stupid. He is a better player and cheaper than Seraphin

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

1/17/2016  8:37 AM
H1AND1 wrote:Yes we'd be Golden State East with Schved, Larkin, and Aldrich. Three players who are balling out of their minds right now.

Back to reality...No way. Schved is a career 35% shooter and a prototypical "Not Very Good Chucker Who Puts Up Numbers on a Bad Team" while he was here. Anyone can get hot for ~17 games. Aldrich is a career 12th man who is a couple inches taller an a few BB IQ points lower than Amundson, and Larkin is 5'5" with no elite skills to make up for that fact besides being fast. Sorry id say you're way off here.

All three of those dudes are scrubs.

I don't think their scrubs but they don't add 8 wins. I think Aldrich is better than O'Quinn and Seraphin. Larkin is basically a step down from Galloway but is better than Grant. Look we have crap guards everyone knows it, anyone can be seen as an upgrade. Grant looks like a bust right

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

1/17/2016  8:39 AM
crzymdups wrote:Yeah, I'm not feeling this. I would've liked to sign Shved over Seraphin - but really that's about it.

Fisher has basically said out loud a few times that if he knew KP was gonna be ready to play real minutes at center so soon, they might not have signed Seraphin over Shved.

I think the Knicks came in thinking KP would play 15-20mpg this year. The fact that he is well over 30 minutes these days and playing like the clear cut second best player in the draft, some nights the best, has probably saved many jobs - including maybe Fisher's.

If KP was a dud or wasn't ready and couldn't be a starter... what would our record be? 11-30? (and for the Melo haters, I think our record would be just as bad if not worse if we didn't have Melo and did have KP - they need each other. It's a team, but are intrinsic to any success we have)

Knicks would be on par with the Nets without Melo. Melo is making everyone else look competent on this team
BRIGGS
1/17/2016  9:33 AM
="Jmpasq"]
BRIGGS wrote:and did not have Admundson and Seraphin--wed be 28-13 right now.

I wonder when its opt out time if guys like Affalo D Will are gone the same way?

LOL 28-13, Those guys are not plus 8 wins. Your right that they are better players I would never of let go of Aldrich, that was stupid. He is a better player and cheaper than Seraphin

We don't know what a guard who could've given us 12 points off the bench would-be done go our +- its obvious that we had no idea what value Cole Aldrich has and still Shane Larkin would've given us better play than Grant who belongs in the d leageu

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/17/2016  10:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2016  10:23 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Given playing time Schveyd was very good-- something we really do not have-- a guard who can penetrate dish sho it from 3 and fill it up. I believe Cple Aldrich given pt is just as good as Lopez and you can see over the last 2 games and his per minute production all year that the argument holds water. And despite a couple porous games Larkin has been a reliable back up pg something we have not had with Grant.

I actually think that Shved would help us right now and i also think Aldrich is better then given credit for but for you to make the statements you made about if we had those three is ridiculous cause you have zero way of proving that. Now with the basketball knowledge you like to act like you have i would think that what Aldrich is doing on a team like the Clippers wouldn't be happening for our team cause we're two different teams from top to bottom so just cause he's had two good games for an offensive powerhouse team like the Clippers doesn't mean he'd do that with us and if you ask me i want my center to be a guy that doesn't turn and walk away from his team when they're having an altercation on the court with the other team and if you don't think every one of his teammates didn't take notice with that then you're crazy. Like i've siad earlier in this thread, i'll take Shved but you can keep Larkin and Aldrich as far away as possible. Actually i'd still take Aldrich over Seraphin and think about it over O'Quinn but to say he's as good as Rolo is again another ridiculous statement from you.

BRIGGS
1/17/2016  12:05 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Yeah, I'm not feeling this. I would've liked to sign Shved over Seraphin - but really that's about it.

Fisher has basically said out loud a few times that if he knew KP was gonna be ready to play real minutes at center so soon, they might not have signed Seraphin over Shved.

I think the Knicks came in thinking KP would play 15-20mpg this year. The fact that he is well over 30 minutes these days and playing like the clear cut second best player in the draft, some nights the best, has probably saved many jobs - including maybe Fisher's.

If KP was a dud or wasn't ready and couldn't be a starter... what would our record be? 11-30? (and for the Melo haters, I think our record would be just as bad if not worse if we didn't have Melo and did have KP - they need each other. It's a team, but are intrinsic to any success we have)

Knicks would be on par with the Nets without Melo. Melo is making everyone else look competent on this team

Knicks have porzingis nets dont

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
1/17/2016  12:15 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Given playing time Schveyd was very good-- something we really do not have-- a guard who can penetrate dish sho it from 3 and fill it up. I believe Cple Aldrich given pt is just as good as Lopez and you can see over the last 2 games and his per minute production all year that the argument holds water. And despite a couple porous games Larkin has been a reliable back up pg something we have not had with Grant.

I actually think that Shved would help us right now and i also think Aldrich is better then given credit for but for you to make the statements you made about if we had those three is ridiculous cause you have zero way of proving that. Now with the basketball knowledge you like to act like you have i would think that what Aldrich is doing on a team like the Clippers wouldn't be happening for our team cause we're two different teams from top to bottom so just cause he's had two good games for an offensive powerhouse team like the Clippers doesn't mean he'd do that with us and if you ask me i want my center to be a guy that doesn't turn and walk away from his team when they're having an altercation on the court with the other team and if you don't think every one of his teammates didn't take notice with that then you're crazy. Like i've siad earlier in this thread, i'll take Shved but you can keep Larkin and Aldrich as far away as possible. Actually i'd still take Aldrich over Seraphin and think about it over O'Quinn but to say he's as good as Rolo is again another ridiculous statement from you.

I'm not making out any of these guys to be Russll Westbrook that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is look at our differential. I believe Alex was a material impact 3rd or 4th player And the other two guys were enhancements. Let's take the 3 rd leading scorer off of vs and replace him with sasha v and see if vs is still 37-4 or more like 31-10 each guy counts.

RIP Crushalot😞
KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
1/17/2016  3:35 PM
No to Cole Aldrich, soft players are not welcomed to wear a Knicks uniform.

I bleed orange and blue for life.
newyorker4ever

1/17/2016  3:51 PM
KEEPCAMBYNY wrote:No to Cole Aldrich, soft players are not welcomed to wear a Knicks uniform.

Nice. I guarantee you every player that was on our team last year when this happened watched this and it definitely left a bad taste in their mouths seeing their teammate turn around and walk away. Gotta stand in there for your team.
newyorker4ever

1/17/2016  3:51 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

I'm not making out any of these guys to be Russll Westbrook that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is look at our differential. I believe Alex was a material impact 3rd or 4th player And the other two guys were enhancements. Let's take the 3 rd leading scorer off of vs and replace him with sasha v and see if vs is still 37-4 or more like 31-10 each guy counts.

Ummmmmmmmmmm huh???

KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
1/17/2016  4:04 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
KEEPCAMBYNY wrote:No to Cole Aldrich, soft players are not welcomed to wear a Knicks uniform.

Nice. I guarantee you every player that was on our team last year when this happened watched this and it definitely left a bad taste in their mouths seeing their teammate turn around and walk away. Gotta stand in there for your team.

Yeah you're right! You can bet that Phil and Fish spoke to them about not letting that happen again.

I bleed orange and blue for life.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/18/2016  9:17 AM

First Larkin is better than Galloway and now Cole Aldrich is better than Robin Lopez. Based on 2 games and per minute production. Glad you switched gears and are now comparing Larkin to a rookie.

I think if you break it down by per second production, you can get Cole into the HOF by the AS break, BRIGGS.

If Schved could just stay on the court, or maybe even in the NBA, he'd probably be MJ by now.

BRIGGS
1/18/2016  12:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/18/2016  12:35 PM
jrodmc wrote:

First Larkin is better than Galloway and now Cole Aldrich is better than Robin Lopez. Based on 2 games and per minute production. Glad you switched gears and are now comparing Larkin to a rookie.

I think if you break it down by per second production, you can get Cole into the HOF by the AS break, BRIGGS.

If Schved could just stay on the court, or maybe even in the NBA, he'd probably be MJ by now.

I never said anything other than if we had all 3--wed be better than we are now. I looked back and determined it could be as high as 8 games and no lower than 4 when I added what I believed would be true net value. If I believe that Schved would have added net value of +3 and the other two a combined net value of +1(cumulative +4)--if everything were relatively the same--we d be anywhere from 24-17 to as high as 28-13. Jim just thank your lucky stars someone was smart enough to grab Porzingis--really thats the only F thing that has happened since Phil has gotten here that has true long term material value. Melo has been good--a team player this year--so we can give that one to you after 4 years of mostly crp. But even blind monkeys hit the target once in awhile and he has 4 long years to survive.

RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/18/2016  12:52 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

I never said anything other than if we had all 3--wed be better than we are now. I looked back and determined it could be as high as 8 games and no lower than 4 when I added what I believed would be true net value. If I believe that Schved would have added net value of +3 and the other two a combined net value of +1(cumulative +4)--if everything were relatively the same--we d be anywhere from 24-17 to as high as 28-13. Jim just thank your lucky stars someone was smart enough to grab Porzingis--really thats the only F thing that has happened since Phil has gotten here that has true long term material value. Melo has been good--a team player this year--so we can give that one to you after 4 years of mostly crp. But even blind monkeys hit the target once in awhile and he has 4 long years to survive.

Last two games Larkin has been 3/13, 7 pts (total), 3A and 4TO. Using small samples of games can be deceptive when evaluating a player.

Also hard to accept that Shved would have been the exact same player this year, given the fact that the team is now playing meaningful games, and not just going through the motions. I liked Shved, and would have had not issue bringing him back, but those games at the end of the year did not mean much.

I remember being "fooled" by Mardy Collins who finished well one year (His rookie year?) when the Knicks were out of it.

It's just too difficult to speculate on the exact impact these 3 would have had if still on the team as individuals or as a trio.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/18/2016  1:13 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Actually BRIGGS, it's a scientific fact that monkeys (blind or otherwise) may crap on the target, but they don't actually ever hit it. (See Dr. Gerald Schroeder)

And you've actually tried to state over and over again the individual worth of each of these three pieces of league flotsam:

Why is Shyved not in the league?
Why does Cole have almost as many DNP's as he does anything else in his stat line?
If Larkin is of such quality, why are the Nets so abominable?

And why is it that even the anti-Knick ESPN can list off more than the singular signing of KP for the PJax regime, but you can't seem to bring yourself to do that?
Anyway, Lance Thomas and DWill say hello BRIGGS. And maybe you'd like to tell us how terrible Galloway is again (I've noticed that train of thought got left at some side track somewhere). I can just imagine Larkin getting 11 rebounds in a game any day now.

I see RoosterBoy on the Nuggets had a good game against the Pacers the other night. Maybe you'd like to tell us what our record would be now with him instead of Melo?

BRIGGS
1/18/2016  1:22 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Last two games Larkin has been 3/13, 7 pts (total), 3A and 4TO. Using small samples of games can be deceptive when evaluating a player.

Also hard to accept that Shved would have been the exact same player this year, given the fact that the team is now playing meaningful games, and not just going through the motions. I liked Shved, and would have had not issue bringing him back, but those games at the end of the year did not mean much.

I remember being "fooled" by Mardy Collins who finished well one year (His rookie year?) when the Knicks were out of it.

It's just too difficult to speculate on the exact impact these 3 would have had if still on the team as individuals or as a trio.

True but Svhedyy was not here to play in them. I think Svhed showed what he can do and there was no regression coming --only progression. The other two-- Im not giving high caliber claim in a combined +1 but thats my judgement
RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/18/2016  2:14 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

True but Svhedyy was not here to play in them. I think Svhed showed what he can do and there was no regression coming --only progression. The other two-- Im not giving high caliber claim in a combined +1 but thats my judgement

Again...would have been happy to bring him back, but as jrodmc pointed out (in his usual "provocative" manner, that is nonetheless correct in this case) you did not see many teams rushing to sign him after a pretty good year for him on the Knicks.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
1/18/2016  4:27 PM
LOL. Yeah and if we had LeBron James, D Wade, and birdman, we would be 32-10.
Trust the Process
If we kept Scvheyd Larkin and Aldrich

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy