Celtics Eye Inefficiency from 'Melo
Author Thread
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
1/12/2016  10:54 PM
What a fun game to watch.

The team is coming together. Players know their roles and are all performing.

Grant played well. KP is awesome. AA steps up. DWill is a force to deal with.

Oneness.

AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/12/2016  11:07 PM
CrushAlot wrote:From the Celtics realgm board:
Funny how Jerian Grant & Kristaps Porzingis helped carry the Knicks tonight.

Too bad our young guys can't do that cause they don't get a shot to play anything more than spot minutes

Speaking of realgm - on the Raptor's board regarding the draft pick they get from us:

I've never seen a rookie play so confidently and smoothly.

We're fcked.

Trade this pick while it still has some sort of lottery dream value.

Lets trade this pick now before it loses its value cant wait for the Trade Deadline
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/12/2016  11:13 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:

Too bad our young guys can't do that cause they don't get a shot to play anything more than spot minutes

Speaking of realgm - on the Raptor's board regarding the draft pick they get from us:

We're fcked.

Lets trade this pick now before it loses its value cant wait for the Trade Deadline

That's freakin AWESOME!!! LOL.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/12/2016  11:24 PM
Ice
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
crzymdups wrote:This was one of the first games I've actually screamed a lot at my TV. Playoffs intensity!

Great game by Jerian Grant. Hopefully huge for his confidence.

We're gonna need it tomorrow - Melo probably out against Brooklyn.

He needs to sit until his ankle is at least 90% if not 100%

I just hope its only a sprain.
After tomorrow the Knicks don't play until Saturday. I think there was a report that x-rays were negative.

Sometimes a sprain can be worse than A break (been there) but Melo was able to walk on it some, so thats good news. If he was carried off I would really be worried.

Have had that kind of sprain 3 or 4 times. Lots of ice. Not sure you want to play him tomorrow, but we'll just have to wait.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/12/2016  11:31 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:

We're fcked.

Pretty funny stuff...other teams can see the potential for the pick to be less than wonderful, though.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Kemet
Member: #6148

1/12/2016  11:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2016  11:37 PM
Big win and continued growth from the team and the coaching staff
tonight. Porzingis & Melo set the tone in the first half but everyone
else brought home the win in the second half. Got to give huge credit
to Fisher because his handling of the rotation in the second half with
no Melo & Porzingis was masterful:

- Grant finally put on his "big boy pants" tonight and played like an
NBA point guard

- Lopez continued to give us consistent low post offense

- Afflalo put the team on his back and became "Melo like" in the fourth
quarter

- Williams was excellent giving us energy and a secondary scorer
Props to the crowd it felt like a playoff game

Great Team-Win!
The best kind of WIN is a Knicks HOME-WIN!!!!!

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/12/2016  11:41 PM
LOL at this Celtics quote from before the game about how they were going to complain less to the refs. They complained after every single call tonight.

No more complaining

The Celtics had a chat about their recent treatment of officials a couple of days ago, and agreed to stay silent toward the referees.

"That’s what we came up with in our meeting in Memphis," said Crowder. "We’re going to let (head coach) Brad (Stevens) and the coaching staff take care of the referees. And just keep playing. And we’ll keep getting respect throughout the whole league of just playing hard and playing the way we want to play. That’s what it comes down to."

Explained Stevens: "We talked about it in Memphis. I don’t think that’s anything more than saying, hey, there’s a game to be won. Anything that detracts or distracts from that, you’ve got to cut out. There’s only so many things you can control. We have to get better at the things we can control."

¿ △ ?
Caseloads
Member: #41
1/12/2016  11:46 PM
Ira wrote:Grant is becoming a player. That's going to be a plus for the second half.

the best trades are sometimes the trades you don't make.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/12/2016  11:50 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:knicks shot 27-30 from the line. How awesome is it that every position can go to the line and shoot a high percentage.

the previous teamhad 35 of 40 FTs against hack n whack celts

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/13/2016  11:00 AM
A few points....

First off thanks to all who participate in the game thread. I love it. I'm super busy domestically so I DVR games and fly through the commercials and time outs etc, but I always enjoy the reading the game threads the next day. You guys always crack me up. Good stuff.

Melo should be OK with him walking and negative xrays, but I wouldnt push him back either. Assuming he doesnt play tonight and will eval Sat. Hopefully he's not out too long. The chemistry between Melo and KP is magical.

At the start of this I emphasized our size advantage and I think that is what won us the game. The KP/Rolo blocks, the physical play... Boston played well, got a massive effort from Isiah but ultimately our size wore them down. Also the Celtics are small but physical, but you cant out physical size. When they couldnt deal with all our players being taller they resorted to hacking and whacking and this team hits their FTs. On that...

We are amazing at the FT line. I feel like we kill it there and indeed the Knicks are #1 in the league at .821 with Toronto at .797 #2. Wow. Great stat and something we need to build on by getting there more. We are 15th in attempts.

Grant is a rookie PG and has struggled. He's also one of my fav players. Im rooting hard for him and seeing a breakout game like this was special. He won it for us both with his play and his defense on Isiah. Maybe this helps him turn the corner, maybe its just another step... regardless it was great to see and something to build on. The Celtics guards are no joke.

DWill is a fantastic slasher. I dont know who/when that term was coined but DWill is the poster boy. He's also doing that slashing more from halfcourt sets which is really something big for us. He also has free reign to push the ball after rebounds and thats a very good look for us. He's 24 and was the 2nd pick in his draft. This *might* not be lightning in a bottle, rather just a VERY talented player finally getting it and fitting in. Fingers crossed.

The effort and will to win this game through adversity was impressive and a joy to watch. For those who doubt Fisher put a sock in it. We read about the post Chicago film session where he laid them all out for quitting. Whatever he said has served to galvanize this team and the effort and execution are off the charts. This is a team with a real identity developing from Phil to Fisher to DadMelo to rookies who can come in and impact games. I am sure there will be more bumps in the road but it certainly looks like we are at a fantastic place at the halfway point.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
ActionJackson
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1602

1/13/2016  11:43 AM
fishmike wrote:A few points....

First off thanks to all who participate in the game thread. I love it. I'm super busy domestically so I DVR games and fly through the commercials and time outs etc, but I always enjoy the reading the game threads the next day. You guys always crack me up. Good stuff.

Melo should be OK with him walking and negative xrays, but I wouldnt push him back either. Assuming he doesnt play tonight and will eval Sat. Hopefully he's not out too long. The chemistry between Melo and KP is magical.

At the start of this I emphasized our size advantage and I think that is what won us the game. The KP/Rolo blocks, the physical play... Boston played well, got a massive effort from Isiah but ultimately our size wore them down. Also the Celtics are small but physical, but you cant out physical size. When they couldnt deal with all our players being taller they resorted to hacking and whacking and this team hits their FTs. On that...

We are amazing at the FT line. I feel like we kill it there and indeed the Knicks are #1 in the league at .821 with Toronto at .797 #2. Wow. Great stat and something we need to build on by getting there more. We are 15th in attempts.

Grant is a rookie PG and has struggled. He's also one of my fav players. Im rooting hard for him and seeing a breakout game like this was special. He won it for us both with his play and his defense on Isiah. Maybe this helps him turn the corner, maybe its just another step... regardless it was great to see and something to build on. The Celtics guards are no joke.

DWill is a fantastic slasher. I dont know who/when that term was coined but DWill is the poster boy. He's also doing that slashing more from halfcourt sets which is really something big for us. He also has free reign to push the ball after rebounds and thats a very good look for us. He's 24 and was the 2nd pick in his draft. This *might* not be lightning in a bottle, rather just a VERY talented player finally getting it and fitting in. Fingers crossed.

The effort and will to win this game through adversity was impressive and a joy to watch. For those who doubt Fisher put a sock in it. We read about the post Chicago film session where he laid them all out for quitting. Whatever he said has served to galvanize this team and the effort and execution are off the charts. This is a team with a real identity developing from Phil to Fisher to DadMelo to rookies who can come in and impact games. I am sure there will be more bumps in the road but it certainly looks like we are at a fantastic place at the halfway point.

Fishy,

My life is exactly like yours in regards to DVRing & reading the next day and couldnt agree with you more about enjoying reading the game thread, especially since lately it doesnt seem like a civil war btwn the Pro-Melo & Anti-Melo camps. It's amazing what a prolonged winning streak can do for both team & fan chemistry. Also a personal note btwn your legendary lyrical beatdowns of the few remaining trolls and your insightful witticisms on the games themselves you are fast becoming my favorite poster here (Sorry ENY, BRIGGS & MARV) and i really hope that
raw admission of UK man love doesnt earn me a Gus Johnson ***PAUSE***

mattshaw78
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #915
1/13/2016  3:26 PM
ActionJackson wrote:
fishmike wrote:A few points....

Fishy,

My life is exactly like yours in regards to DVRing & reading the next day and couldnt agree with you more about enjoying reading the game thread, especially since lately it doesnt seem like a civil war btwn the Pro-Melo & Anti-Melo camps. It's amazing what a prolonged winning streak can do for both team & fan chemistry. Also a personal note btwn your legendary lyrical beatdowns of the few remaining trolls and your insightful witticisms on the games themselves you are fast becoming my favorite poster here (Sorry ENY, BRIGGS & MARV) and i really hope that
raw admission of UK man love doesnt earn me a Gus Johnson ***PAUSE***

I personally miss working with fishmike. "Foodalobby forever"

BlueSeats "I like anyone who can make Lebron cry. Melo seems to do it a lot."
Celtics Eye Inefficiency from 'Melo

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy