Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/12/2016  10:15 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
crzymdups wrote:This was one of the first games I've actually screamed a lot at my TV. Playoffs intensity!

Great game by Jerian Grant. Hopefully huge for his confidence.

We're gonna need it tomorrow - Melo probably out against Brooklyn.

He needs to sit until his ankle is at least 90% if not 100%

I just hope its only a sprain.
After tomorrow the Knicks don't play until Saturday. I think there was a report that x-rays were negative.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/12/2016  10:17 PM
This is the kind of game that helps propel a team!!! These guys needed this win after fighting so hard.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/12/2016  10:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
crzymdups wrote:This was one of the first games I've actually screamed a lot at my TV. Playoffs intensity!

Great game by Jerian Grant. Hopefully huge for his confidence.

We're gonna need it tomorrow - Melo probably out against Brooklyn.

He needs to sit until his ankle is at least 90% if not 100%

I just hope its only a sprain.
After tomorrow the Knicks don't play until Saturday. I think there was a report that x-rays were negative.

Sometimes a sprain can be worse than A break (been there) but Melo was able to walk on it some, so thats good news. If he was carried off I would really be worried.

SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

1/12/2016  10:18 PM
I cannot emphasize enough how important Grant's 4th quarter was tonight for our team. Before tonight, Grant had never received any significant minutes during crunch time. But with our two main scorers out--Melo and KP--Fish went with him and he carried the offense in crunch time. The team was giving him the ball with the shot clock running down and he made all the plays. This will do wonders for his confidence going forward and for our team. We may have found our point guard tonight.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/12/2016  10:18 PM
nixluva wrote:This is the kind of game that helps propel a team!!! These guys needed this win after fighting so hard.

Sort of feels like karmic payback after the Spurs loss. Like, we're due a few close wins now.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
USA
1/12/2016  10:22 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:This is the kind of game that helps propel a team!!! These guys needed this win after fighting so hard.

Sort of feels like karmic payback after the Spurs loss. Like, we're due a few close wins now.

You got to see this team's real nature! THEY'VE GOT HEART!!!

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/12/2016  10:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2016  10:24 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:I cannot emphasize enough how important Grant's 4th quarter was tonight for our team. Before tonight, Grant had never received any significant minutes during crunch time. But with our two main scorers out--Melo and KP--Fish went with him and he carried the offense in crunch time. The team was giving him the ball with the shot clock running down and he made all the plays. This will do wonders for his confidence going forward and for our team. We may have found our point guard tonight.

He got some run in the 4th Q of a home game a few weeks ago. However this was one game where he was really given some freedom to do things and his shot was on. It just seemed like a combination of things - for starters his shot was on tonight. He even hit a 3. That just got his confidence way up. With Melo down and Fisher seeing that Grant was playing well, they gave him the ball to be the traditional point guard. I don't expect him to get this every night, but it shows those that doubt Grant - what he can be if he's able to improve his shot. The key for Jerian is to keep improving his jumpshot and shot all over the court. The triangle needs him to move and be effective without just dribbling. That way he can be both someone they can trust to be part of the Triangle, and also break it off and run his own screen/roll game. They have trust with Calderon, but not as much with Grant yet. In a year or two, this kid could be something.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

1/12/2016  10:24 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:I cannot emphasize enough how important Grant's 4th quarter was tonight for our team. Before tonight, Grant had never received any significant minutes during crunch time. But with our two main scorers out--Melo and KP--Fish went with him and he carried the offense in crunch time. The team was giving him the ball with the shot clock running down and he made all the plays. This will do wonders for his confidence going forward and for our team. We may have found our point guard tonight.

Baby steps. Like newyorkerforever and nixluva said, this should give him major confidence going into future games. Once he gets down using screens + shooting at a reasonable rate, then we may have a pg

The Future is Bright!
CrushAlot
USA
1/12/2016  10:24 PM
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

1/12/2016  10:25 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
93BUICK wrote:
mreinman wrote:and thats game!

why is grant running the point down the stretch????????????????????

So I can quote this after he wins the game for us.

Sorry but this warrants a HAHAHAHAHAHA

so here is what phil is thinking ....
crzymdups
USA
1/12/2016  10:26 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:

He got some run in the 4th Q of a home game a few weeks ago. However this was one game where he was really given some freedom to do things and his shot was on. It just seemed like a combination of things - for starters his shot was on tonight. He even hit a 3. That just got his confidence way up. With Melo down and Fisher seeing that Grant was playing well, they gave him the ball to be the traditional point guard. I don't expect him to get this every night, but it shows those that doubt Grant - what he can be if he's able to improve his shot. The key for Jerian is to keep improving his jumpshot and shot all over the court. The triangle needs him to move and be effective without just dribbling. That way he can be both someone they can trust to be part of the Triangle, and also break it off and run his own screen/roll game. They have trust with Calderon, but not as much with Grant yet. In a year or two, this kid could be something.

He's being developed. He's being groomed. It seems to be working, no?

He got to finish the game against Orlando at MSG a few weeks ago - he led them back into the game, but didn't have the confidence yet to pull that one out. Tonight he made a major step. It's a great sign.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
1/12/2016  10:27 PM
Sounds like Melo is questionable for tomorrow. I sort of hope they just hold him out. Give him until Saturday at the least. It really didn't seem like a high impact sprain or anything, I'd be surprised if it is too serious.

¿ △ ?
nyknickzingis

1/12/2016  10:28 PM
Somewhat not as important now because he was out of the game during the last run, but was anyone really impressed with how Porzingis came in cold and like just took an iso easily, backed out of the post, took a few dribbles, bam. He made it look so easy. I mean for a rookie 20 year old who was supposed to be a few years away from being at his best (which is still the case) I found that relaxed composed ability to be an iso scorer in that situation to be impressive. I expect it from a veteran like Afflalo or Melo. However KP coming in right away and doing that was very surprising to me. You usually see players of that franchise level do that so easily like that coming off the bench, cold.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/12/2016  10:29 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Liked the comments about how even Grant was, doesnt get too high or low. Helps keep you going through a slump, or just getting used to the NBA.

nixluva
USA
1/12/2016  10:30 PM
Knicks are clearly invested in the development of Jerian Grant! He's had his struggles but he has kept working. He faced a HUUUUUGE TEST and HE PASSED! Jerian faced the challenge and help close out the win. That is a huge plus for this team going forward.
nyknickzingis

1/12/2016  10:32 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

He's being developed. He's being groomed. It seems to be working, no?

He got to finish the game against Orlando at MSG a few weeks ago - he led them back into the game, but didn't have the confidence yet to pull that one out. Tonight he made a major step. It's a great sign.

Yes Orlando game was the one I'm referring to. Had a similar feel to it as well as this one. This one though, he came in and played at a different level.

I just think the Triangle is a hard offense for point guards who are ball dominant to come in and play well in right away. It takes them the longest time of all the other positions. However in recent games Fisher seems to have found a nice balance/understanding with Grant that he'll be given some freedom to run screen/roll or his own offense. That's been huge for Jerian.

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/12/2016  10:32 PM
I was watching the celtics feed (live in Boston) and they are notorious cry babies and knicks-haters but all of them (including Heinson - king homer) were praising KP about his skills and poise
(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

1/12/2016  10:35 PM
crzymdups wrote:Sounds like Melo is questionable for tomorrow. I sort of hope they just hold him out. Give him until Saturday at the least. It really didn't seem like a high impact sprain or anything, I'd be surprised if it is too serious.

Super smart of fisher to say what he said even if melo is 99% sure to be held out. Make nets game plan for him anyway.

(5)(5)
CrushAlot
USA
1/12/2016  10:43 PM
From the Celtics realgm board:
Funny how Jerian Grant & Kristaps Porzingis helped carry the Knicks tonight.

Too bad our young guys can't do that cause they don't get a shot to play anything more than spot minutes

nixluva
USA
1/12/2016  10:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:From the Celtics realgm board:
Funny how Jerian Grant & Kristaps Porzingis helped carry the Knicks tonight.

Too bad our young guys can't do that cause they don't get a shot to play anything more than spot minutes

Oooooh that's gotta sting!
Celtics Eye Inefficiency from 'Melo

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy