USA
1/10/2016  9:58 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
mreinman wrote:enough of the silly jose threads. the knicks are a much better team when he is on the court
Partly because he is good . . . and partly because Grant is not.

Grant is learning. By April or so, I bet Grant has some real moments for this team. By next season? A lot of moments.

Darn it i wish i could see it but i just don't yet. Now i do have faith in him but i haven't seen much at all besides a couple plays here and there.

I followed him in college - when he plays with confidence he is a much much better player. I think he will learn. Triangle is tough to learn, even for vets!

college confidence is far different and he is not good enough to not being able to shoot at all.

And, he seems to play really slow. He takes tiny steps and has no clue how to properly use a pick which is surprising being that he is know to be a PnR PG.

I'm a guy who never believed Charlie Ward or Toney Douglas would figure it out - but I believe in Jerian.

I think he can figure it out. He has the full skill set, he's just playing tentative in the Triangle right now. That's my read, at least.

Yeah Jerian will eventually get it. You see how Jose has it figured out now as a guard! At some point Jerian will have an epiphany regarding this offense.

AUTOADVERT
Malcolm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6131

SocraticBallin22 wrote:Who else noticed also that for the first time Dwill played the entire 2nd and 4th quarters. Fish is starting to give him more minutes.
Williams, Thomas, and Galloway all played 20+ minutes.

That's good for 2 reasons: (1) we could afford to do it (2) gave starters much needed rest.

It's the only way we'll get to the end of the season with just 8 man rotation . . .

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

newyorker4ever wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
mreinman wrote:enough of the silly jose threads. the knicks are a much better team when he is on the court

I agree and until we upgrade at PG we need to give the guy credit.

MOST are giving him credit especially lately. He has been real good lately

Yeah when he puts up stats the stat watchers give credit but he's been doing good things all year but SOME are blind to that. lol

he was getting abused on defense early and missing many open men. He seems to be coming into his own now and playing with excellent confidence.

Can't believe how well he took teague and unlike last time where MCW abused him because Jose was running off his shots and going over the picks, this time he played him much smarter and mcw was mcw.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
¿ △ ?
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/10/2016  9:59 PM
crzymdups wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Partly because he is good . . . and partly because Grant is not.

Grant is learning. By April or so, I bet Grant has some real moments for this team. By next season? A lot of moments.

Darn it i wish i could see it but i just don't yet. Now i do have faith in him but i haven't seen much at all besides a couple plays here and there.

I followed him in college - when he plays with confidence he is a much much better player. I think he will learn. Triangle is tough to learn, even for vets!

This is where you have to have a strong mind and not let it get to you that you're playing bad cause that's the difference from making it in the NBA and ending up a career d-league guy or end up overseas but i think he has a strong mins cause he has good genes and those 4 years of college will help as well.
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
1/10/2016  9:59 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Compared to last year at this point in the season, we are +14 in 39 games. I would say that's improvement lol

It's almost mind boggling how different this team is now.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
Malcolm

1/10/2016  10:00 PM
crzymdups wrote:

Geeez. Porzingis has gotta have women lining up for him . . .
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/10/2016  10:01 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
mreinman wrote:who says kp should not be taking 3's?
\
he just needs to go glass

Briggs

In the modern NBA - a big man that can hit 3's at greater than 33% is a huge asset.
Think about it - you make 2/5 it's the same as making 3/5 on 2's.

Look at the Warriors and how important the 3 ball can be. You don't want KP doing that exclusively, but you want him to become a very good 3 point shooter. A couple of post ups, a couple of 3 pointers, some catch and shoot, some drives off the dribbles, and that's 14-15 shots a night for KP, easy. Nothing the defense can even do about it.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/10/2016  10:01 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Yeah when he puts up stats the stat watchers give credit but he's been doing good things all year but SOME are blind to that. lol
i have mentioned 100 times about his leadership importance so dont pull that crap. He has been a very important mentor to KP

hahahaha how the words have changed....lol GEESH

Malcolm

1/10/2016  10:02 PM
PresIke wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Compared to last year at this point in the season, we are +14 in 39 games. I would say that's improvement lol

It's a great story. A Triangle Culture story.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/10/2016  10:03 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

i have mentioned 100 times about his leadership importance so dont pull that crap. He has been a very important mentor to KP

hahahaha how the words have changed....lol GEESH

not really you just arent paying attention to what im saying
crzymdups
USA
1/10/2016  10:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/10/2016  10:03 PM
Malcolm wrote:
PresIke wrote:

¿ △ ?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/10/2016  10:06 PM
Only negative for me was that I was hoping Melo and KP could sit out the end of the 4th. Would have been a nice rest, and maybe some of the bench players could have finally gotten some playing time the last 5 minutes.

Good win against a team that always scares me when we play them.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/10/2016  10:07 PM
Malcolm wrote:
PresIke wrote:

Trautwig just said this is the best the Knicks have looked since 99. Wally and Hahn said the 54 win team.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Malcolm

1/10/2016  10:07 PM
You know . . . I'd also be really interested in what James Dolan is thinking right now.

I don't think for a minute that he believed in Phil Jackson and the Triangle.

It was more like desperation.

But now . . . he's gotta be sort of like: "What??!!"

crzymdups
USA
1/10/2016  10:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
PresIke wrote:

Trautwig just said this is the best the Knicks have looked since 99. Wally and Hahn said the 54 win team.

Way more sustainable than the 54 win team IMHO. And more room for improvement. That team was hanging on by a thread with JKidd and Sheed and KT. We have young guys like KP, Grant, DWill, Galloway, Lance with room to get even better - those are 5 of our top 9 and they're all 24 or younger.

¿ △ ?
nyknickzingis

The Triangle is more about giving guys a purpose for how they should play. As a team, in sync etc. That's why it's been so successful when ran right with good talent. We have some good talent, but not even great talent. In a year or two, this team could become really something. I'm very impressed by how much we're getting out of guys like Lopez, Afflalo, Calderon, DWill, Lance Thomas. And getting Melo to buy in and play like a point forward? George Karl probably can't believe this as he tried for years to get Melo to do this.

It's a big compliment to Phil Jackson and his belief in running the Triangle. The offense itself serves no great X's and O's advantage over other good NBA offenses, but what it does for the team culture is incredible. I followed the Bulls and Lakers as well during their runs. The Triangle has a deep impact on teams playing cohesively and together. For all the criticism Phil took last year, look what a team with some talent can do. And we're still relatively on the starting part of this re-build, because there's KP at 20, Grant is a rookie, and we've got capspace in 2016 and 2017 to keep upgrading our talent.

Knicks1969
Member: #5915

newyorker4ever wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Calderon playing great tonight.

Whoa now you better watch out talking good about Calderon on here cause not everyone understands what he does for the team. That's your first warning...lol

fans have been pretty fair about calderon actually. His shooting has been good but his passing and defense has not been. Tonight he is playing his best overall game. Nobody has ever questioned his leadership

Not every fan has been fair and that's a fact and he's had better games this year.

I have said all year long, when dude is scoring the ball he should play, but he hasn't been consistent at all

Haven't you been watching the whole game like when they went to a video of Fisher earlier talking about how they don't ask Calderon to do more and it's not about stats when it comes to what he brings on the floor?? You can't just go on a players stats to judge them for what they bring to a team.

That is fisher's way of covering for Jose's inept performances. When a dude is giving up 20+ points on defense, and can't count on to provide some offense, there isn't much use for that guy. Tonight he was efficient; had a couple of steals, shot well, and defended better. But to be honest, he was guarding an inept offensive player in MCW who was bothered by our interior bigs

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
nyknickzingis

1/10/2016  10:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/10/2016  10:11 PM
Fisher also deserves props. I was cheering when he called that time out early in the game. He continues with his strong rotation. I'm very very impressed with Fisher's coaching. He has definitely progressed from year 1 to year 2 on X's and O's and how to manage. He too has to and can keep improving as a coach.
Malcolm

1/10/2016  10:11 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:The Triangle is more about giving guys a purpose for how they should play. As a team, in sync etc. That's why it's been so successful when ran right with good talent. We have some good talent, but not even great talent. In a year or two, this team could become really something. I'm very impressed by how much we're getting out of guys like Lopez, Afflalo, Calderon, DWill, Lance Thomas. And getting Melo to buy in and play like a point forward? George Karl probably can't believe this as he tried for years to get Melo to do this.

It's a big compliment to Phil Jackson and his belief in running the Triangle. The offense itself serves no great X's and O's advantage over other good NBA offenses, but what it does for the team culture is incredible. I followed the Bulls and Lakers as well during their runs. The Triangle has a deep impact on teams playing cohesively and together. For all the criticism Phil took last year, look what a team with some talent can do. And we're still relatively on the starting part of this re-build, because there's KP at 20, Grant is a rookie, and we've got capspace in 2016 and 2017 to keep upgrading our talent.

yes
Bucks Sunday night showdown, revenge night

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy