StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

1/9/2016  8:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2016  8:31 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
blkexec wrote:I was better off not seeing that live.....I wish I had left early in the 4th.

I would've appreciated this lost a lot more.

But when you have a chance to make a real statement and win a game, thats what ticks me off.

I don't know if Melo gets a pass on that play. He's making max money and what he did is something Grant could've done. And you know what, if Grant did that same pass, I think Jose would've made the shot.....You know why? When Grant has the ball, everybody is waiting for the pass so they can shoot.

When Melo has the ball, everybody is looking at the rim to see if it's going in.

Wow....This was a typical Good Bad game. Good for the team....Bad for the fans!

Yup we are having a really hard time shaking that habit. New Year, new Roster, same ol situation and this falls on Melo for not sticking to this new Phil Jackson system from day. And Fisher for enabling him up til a few weeks ago. I don't blame Fisher though. He is learning on the job. So fisher's next point of emphasis needs to be what to do and were to go in late game situations

Guns, another dumbazz post. Really? on melo? what a fool

I posted like 50 different points defending the Knicks once the game ended. Figures the Melo police would single out the one remotely negative thing I said which is the truth about Melo & this team especially in the prior seasons. You guys take all the joy out of this. Honestly I really don't care what you too think. Your one sided opinions do nothing to move me. So keep on as you wish.

Yeah but there are some guys that post here that are anti melo, DK, Starks, Mreinman etc. Are you in that group?
Anti—melo?. That is a bunch of nonsense and im honestly tired of hearing that. I have praised melo a lot lately. In fact i said he made the right play yesterday. Sure i call him out for bad plays BUT i do that for any player. Im sorry that i try to be objective but thats just me.
AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

1/9/2016  1:08 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Great game too bad it ended in a loss... In terms of consistency ... I want to see KP be this aggressive every night ... Kid is a game changer if he plays with this kinda energy he will propel us into the playoffs

Knicks play like this against 98% of teams they win! This was even with major disadvantage at PG!!! If Phil can somehow upgrade the PG spot it would make a HUGE difference!

Knicks play to the level of their competition....Thats why this win was so important to steal. KP was hyped up because he knows the Spurs are the best team. Aflalo and Melo was too hyped up, which is why there started off 1-6 and 2-12

Even with that terrible shot percentage, we still had a chance to win. Maybe it will feel better in the morning....But I don't like any loses, especially the ones we should've won!

Just for perspective, NO ONE has beaten the Spurs at home! The Knicks almost pulled it off by inches! As long as the Knicks keep playing like this they will completely change their season!

do you realize what it would have done for the team's psyche if the knicks had actually won the game? that's why it was important to win. if this was a loss against the rockets or something on the road, i'd be ok.

Would you have been more OK with the Knicks losing by 12?

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/9/2016  1:59 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Great game too bad it ended in a loss... In terms of consistency ... I want to see KP be this aggressive every night ... Kid is a game changer if he plays with this kinda energy he will propel us into the playoffs

Knicks play like this against 98% of teams they win! This was even with major disadvantage at PG!!! If Phil can somehow upgrade the PG spot it would make a HUGE difference!

Knicks play to the level of their competition....Thats why this win was so important to steal. KP was hyped up because he knows the Spurs are the best team. Aflalo and Melo was too hyped up, which is why there started off 1-6 and 2-12

Even with that terrible shot percentage, we still had a chance to win. Maybe it will feel better in the morning....But I don't like any loses, especially the ones we should've won!

Just for perspective, NO ONE has beaten the Spurs at home! The Knicks almost pulled it off by inches! As long as the Knicks keep playing like this they will completely change their season!

do you realize what it would have done for the team's psyche if the knicks had actually won the game? that's why it was important to win. if this was a loss against the rockets or something on the road, i'd be ok.

Would you have been more OK with the Knicks losing by 12?

Also the players are actually aware of how competitive they were. The win would've been great but how they competed and being a made shot from winning against a team that hasn't lost and has been blowing out opponents is a huge confidence builder for the Knicks. They know that they're close! They've been showing they can beat and compete with the best teams in the league.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/9/2016  2:01 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Players and coaches look at this kind of loss differently than we do as fans.

Big thing now is to beat the Bucks and the Celtics. Wins against these teams will validate the positives which come from the SA loss.

Build on what we did good...address and fix what was not so good. Goes for the Knicks as a team and for the players as individual Knicks.

Every game is a statement game at this point in the season, IMO.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/9/2016  2:10 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
blkexec wrote:I was better off not seeing that live.....I wish I had left early in the 4th.

But when you have a chance to make a real statement and win a game, thats what ticks me off.

I don't know if Melo gets a pass on that play. He's making max money and what he did is something Grant could've done. And you know what, if Grant did that same pass, I think Jose would've made the shot.....You know why? When Grant has the ball, everybody is waiting for the pass so they can shoot.

When Melo has the ball, everybody is looking at the rim to see if it's going in.

Yup we are having a really hard time shaking that habit. New Year, new Roster, same ol situation and this falls on Melo for not sticking to this new Phil Jackson system from day. And Fisher for enabling him up til a few weeks ago. I don't blame Fisher though. He is learning on the job. So fisher's next point of emphasis needs to be what to do and were to go in late game situations

I posted like 50 different points defending the Knicks once the game ended. Figures you'd single the one remotely negative thing I said and the truth about Melo & this team especially in the prior seasons

First of all Im not going to keep track of all your posts. Secondly you are giving Melo crap for something u are just making up. Are you the expert when Melo bought into the "system"? From day one this year he came out and said he wanted to be called out for anything the coaching staff didn't like. The whole team and the system is a work in progress. Blame Melo for not buying into Phils sytem from day one??? Really thats the best crap you can come up with ? Melo drove , attracted a double team and passed to the open man. If he took the shot with a double team on him and missed and caldrone was sitting there, begging for the ball and Melo didn't pass to him , how much crap would have u given him then???

Well maybe you should if you are going to make such smug douchey claims

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/9/2016  2:21 PM
gunsnewing wrote:For the record Crush. I'm in the group that sniffs out posters who are smug towards other fellow posters
Good luck in your new endeavors.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/9/2016  2:29 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Players and coaches look at this kind of loss differently than we do as fans.

Big thing now is to beat the Bucks and the Celtics. Wins against these teams will validate the positives which come from the SA loss.

Build on what we did good...address and fix what was not so good. Goes for the Knicks as a team and for the players as individual Knicks.

Every game is a statement game at this point in the season, IMO.

Just realized that I threw out a bunch of coaching cliches without thinking... sorry.

Still feel they are valid, though, however hackneyed they are.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
1/9/2016  3:41 PM
nixluva wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:

That's why the next two games will show if this team is truly hungry, like they have played most of the last 4 games- if that happens then it's a moral victory- If they maintain this focus and energy it really would be a huge jump and an exciting group to watch come together.

I like the 2 man games developing between multiple players- Rolo and KP, Melo finding AA, KP, Rolo and DWill in many successful plays - and I also like the Jerian + KP 2nd unit

Melo and Fisher are looking good- after unflattering starts to the season they have taken some tough losses but in the meantime KP LT Jerian Rolo AA Jose --- All I can ask for is they all stay healthy and play with the same feeling they have for the past 4 games-Which means they would all improve as a group- That would be a good Knicks season for me.

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
1/9/2016  3:51 PM
gunsnewing wrote:For the record Crush. I'm in the group that sniffs out posters who are smug towards other fellow posters

UK Mafia is a kind Mafia

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

1/9/2016  4:54 PM
93BUICK wrote:That's why the next two games will show if this team is truly hungry, like they have played most of the last 4 games- if that happens then it's a moral victory- If they maintain this focus and energy it really would be a huge jump and an exciting group to watch come together.

The thing with teams trying to improve, it isn't always clean and linear.

The Knicks wll take steps backwards again this year. They're gonna lose games they "should" have won and they're gonna have losing streaks.

Can't put all your eggs into one basket.

Look at where they are in bigger chunks. At the end of the month. After a group of games like the last 11.

After the first 7 of these past 11 games things looked a LOT different than they do a week later.

Wins in the next 3 would be nice, but not make or break.

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
1/9/2016  4:57 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

I posted like 50 different points defending the Knicks once the game ended. Figures you'd single the one remotely negative thing I said and the truth about Melo & this team especially in the prior seasons

First of all Im not going to keep track of all your posts. Secondly you are giving Melo crap for something u are just making up. Are you the expert when Melo bought into the "system"? From day one this year he came out and said he wanted to be called out for anything the coaching staff didn't like. The whole team and the system is a work in progress. Blame Melo for not buying into Phils sytem from day one??? Really thats the best crap you can come up with ? Melo drove , attracted a double team and passed to the open man. If he took the shot with a double team on him and missed and caldrone was sitting there, begging for the ball and Melo didn't pass to him , how much crap would have u given him then???

Why, you really want me to call you out for more of your asinine comments?

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
GetThePipe
Member: #4505

1/9/2016  6:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2016  6:12 PM
Wow, never thought I'd see Melo catching heat here for passing to the open man
mreinman
Member: #3189

1/9/2016  6:47 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

I posted like 50 different points defending the Knicks once the game ended. Figures the Melo police would single out the one remotely negative thing I said which is the truth about Melo & this team especially in the prior seasons. You guys take all the joy out of this. Honestly I really don't care what you too think. Your one sided opinions do nothing to move me. So keep on as you wish.

Yeah but there are some guys that post here that are anti melo, DK, Starks, Mreinman etc. Are you in that group?

anti melo? That is pathetic you need to grow up and stop being the msg police. I am at least objective, you on the other hand have no credibility to talk about him.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/9/2016  7:09 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
93BUICK wrote:That's why the next two games will show if this team is truly hungry, like they have played most of the last 4 games- if that happens then it's a moral victory- If they maintain this focus and energy it really would be a huge jump and an exciting group to watch come together.

The thing with teams trying to improve, it isn't always clean and linear.

The Knicks wll take steps backwards again this year. They're gonna lose games they "should" have won and they're gonna have losing streaks.

Can't put all your eggs into one basket.

Look at where they are in bigger chunks. At the end of the month. After a group of games like the last 11.

After the first 7 of these past 11 games things looked a LOT different than they do a week later.

Wins in the next 3 would be nice, but not make or break.

Nah! I think this team expects to win now. They have figured out some things. You can see that they aren't bothered by scoring droughts in games or the strength of the opponent. They're developing more and more chemistry and as someone pointed out they have some nice 2 man chemistry developing with certain players. It's just not some flukey thing like suddenly hitting a bunch of 3's. They're doing it different ways but overall with confidence in what they're doing.

Used to be that in games like this one against the Spurs they would've folded and gotten blown out. They have BELIEF now that is keeping that from happening. They trust each other and they know what they're trying to do out there. It's not the end of their development but they've reached a new level. I can see them getting even better.

The only way they mess this up is with complacency. Taking thins for granted. In terms of their effort. I do believe they understand how to execute at a higher level now and that is something that should remain. They won't forget how to play, but they could take a step back in effort if not careful. This is the thing they have to watch out for.

CrushAlot
USA
1/9/2016  7:28 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

anti melo? That is pathetic you need to grow up and stop being the msg police. I am at least objective, you on the other hand have no credibility to talk about him.

Are you kidding? You are objective? You post Berman stuff, you post fiction, you post assumptions, you interpet language to mean things other than what is said. How is that objective?
mreinman

1/9/2016  10:34 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Are you kidding? You are objective? You post Berman stuff, you post fiction, you post assumptions, you interpet language to mean things other than what is said. How is that objective?

I give him credit when he plays well and I am hard on him when he does not.

You keep waving your nascar flag no matter what.

Show me a thread that you created that was even mildly critical of him?

CrushAlot
USA
1/9/2016  10:45 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

I hated the trade. I loved Melo at Cuse but did not like him as a pro especially after the fight. But to be objective you have to create a thread that is critical? The way this board was spammed with that stuff it was never necessary. I don't love Melo but I do respect him and find it hard not to react to some of the ridiculous stuff posted about him. It has been over the top and bogs down the board in my opinion.
Something that always surprises me is that when you complain about any other player you provide data. You accept any source, including fiction, assumptions, discredited writers, and even interpret tone and words to go after the guy. Does that sound objective?
mreinman

1/9/2016  10:53 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

I hated the trade. I loved Melo at Cuse but did not like him as a pro especially after the fight. But to be objective you have to create a thread that is critical? The way this board was spammed with that stuff it was never necessary. I don't love Melo but I do respect him and find it hard not to react to some of the ridiculous stuff posted about him. It has been over the top and bogs down the board in my opinion.
Something that always surprises me is that when you complain about any other player you provide data. You accept any source, including fiction, assumptions, discredited writers, and even interpret tone and words to go after the guy. Does that sound objective?

Don't know who the writers are and who is discredited. I see an article that calls out the things that bother me, I post it.

Watching him not pass to open teammates makes by blood boil. Now that he is passing I am happy with him. See? Pass the ball and I have no issues with him.

I also have much higher expectations than others for him because I can see that he had the talent to do so while others were just settling for that melo.

To me, there is nothing worse than a selfish player especially when you are suppose to be a mega star. Finally someone got to him.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/11/2016  8:48 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Why, you really want me to call you out for more of your asinine comments?

No, just simply bow to the brilliance of the non-douchey, un-smug "truth"...

Friday Night Spurs! 8:30pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy