[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Friday Night Spurs! 8:30pm
Author Thread
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
1/9/2016  1:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2016  1:23 AM
blkexec wrote:I was better off not seeing that live.....I wish I had left early in the 4th.

I would've appreciated this lost a lot more.

But when you have a chance to make a real statement and win a game, thats what ticks me off.

I don't know if Melo gets a pass on that play. He's making max money and what he did is something Grant could've done. And you know what, if Grant did that same pass, I think Jose would've made the shot.....You know why? When Grant has the ball, everybody is waiting for the pass so they can shoot.

When Melo has the ball, everybody is looking at the rim to see if it's going in.

Wow....This was a typical Good Bad game. Good for the team....Bad for the fans!

If you actually watched the play , you can see calderone calling for the ball and ready for the pass.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
AUTOADVERT
BigRedDog
1/9/2016  1:16 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
blkexec wrote:I was better off not seeing that live.....I wish I had left early in the 4th.

But when you have a chance to make a real statement and win a game, thats what ticks me off.

I don't know if Melo gets a pass on that play. He's making max money and what he did is something Grant could've done. And you know what, if Grant did that same pass, I think Jose would've made the shot.....You know why? When Grant has the ball, everybody is waiting for the pass so they can shoot.

When Melo has the ball, everybody is looking at the rim to see if it's going in.

Yup we are having a really hard time shaking that habit. New Year, new Roster, same ol situation and this falls on Melo for not sticking to this new Phil Jackson system from day. And Fisher for enabling him up til a few weeks ago. I don't blame Fisher though. He is learning on the job. So fisher's next point of emphasis needs to be what to do and were to go in late game situations

Guns, another dumbazz post. Really? on melo? what a fool

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/9/2016  1:37 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Yup we are having a really hard time shaking that habit. New Year, new Roster, same ol situation and this falls on Melo for not sticking to this new Phil Jackson system from day. And Fisher for enabling him up til a few weeks ago. I don't blame Fisher though. He is learning on the job. So fisher's next point of emphasis needs to be what to do and were to go in late game situations

Yeah. NOt getting this. I think Guns said Melo made the right play passing to Jose which was the right play. Not sure where this came from.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/9/2016  1:39 AM
Dang, Jose was 5-6 on 3s from the left corner before that one this year. Sigh

¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/9/2016  1:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2016  1:57 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

I posted like 50 different points defending the Knicks once the game ended. Figures the Melo police would single out the one remotely negative thing I said which is the truth about Melo & this team especially in the prior seasons. You guys take all the joy out of this. Honestly I really don't care what you too think. Your one sided opinions do nothing to move me. So keep on as you wish.

gunsnewing
USA
1/9/2016  1:43 AM
crzymdups wrote:Dang, Jose was 5-6 on 3s from the left corner before that one this year. Sigh

Exactly. It was the best look we were getting from this Spurs team period.

Malcolm
Member: #6131

1/9/2016  1:50 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Dang, Jose was 5-6 on 3s from the left corner before that one this year. Sigh

Exactly. It was the best look we were getting from this Spurs team period.

Yes. Ouch.
BigRedDog
1/9/2016  2:02 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

I posted like 50 different points defending the Knicks once the game ended. Figures you'd single the one remotely negative thing I said and the truth about Melo & this team especially in the prior seasons

First of all Im not going to keep track of all your posts. Secondly you are giving Melo crap for something u are just making up. Are you the expert when Melo bought into the "system"? From day one this year he came out and said he wanted to be called out for anything the coaching staff didn't like. The whole team and the system is a work in progress. Blame Melo for not buying into Phils sytem from day one??? Really thats the best crap you can come up with ? Melo drove , attracted a double team and passed to the open man. If he took the shot with a double team on him and missed and caldrone was sitting there, begging for the ball and Melo didn't pass to him , how much crap would have u given him then???

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/9/2016  2:17 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

I posted like 50 different points defending the Knicks once the game ended. Figures the Melo police would single out the one remotely negative thing I said which is the truth about Melo & this team especially in the prior seasons. You guys take all the joy out of this. Honestly I really don't care what you too think. Your one sided opinions do nothing to move me. So keep on as you wish.

Yeah but there are some guys that post here that are anti melo, DK, Starks, Mreinman etc. Are you in that group?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
gunsnewing
USA
1/9/2016  2:28 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Yeah but there are some guys that post here that are anti melo, DK, Starks, Mreinman etc. Are you in that group?

Why does it matter what group they are in? Each of them is very different. I would not lump anyone together

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/9/2016  2:43 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

I posted like 50 different points defending the Knicks once the game ended. Figures you'd single the one remotely negative thing I said and the truth about Melo & this team especially in the prior seasons

First of all Im not going to keep track of all your posts. Secondly you are giving Melo crap for something u are just making up. Are you the expert when Melo bought into the "system"? From day one this year he came out and said he wanted to be called out for anything the coaching staff didn't like. The whole team and the system is a work in progress. Blame Melo for not buying into Phils sytem from day one??? Really thats the best crap you can come up with ? Melo drove , attracted a double team and passed to the open man. If he took the shot with a double team on him and missed and caldrone was sitting there, begging for the ball and Melo didn't pass to him , how much crap would have u given him then???

Perhaps he's just frustrated because he sees that Anthony has been able to change his game recently, and although happy with this turnabout, is wondering why the transformation was not completed earlier.

Fair comment, IMO.

I've always been interested in how a star can affect other players. We see what's happening in LA with Kobe and his teammates' development. Anthony is changing, slowly but surely, however the other players have to change, too.

This is really the comment in question:

When Grant has the ball, everybody is waiting for the pass so they can shoot.

Legitimate observation- I've said something similar in the past, but this says it more clearly, IMO.

Things seem to be changing, though...and tonight's game is part of the process, hopefully.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/9/2016  3:06 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Geez, man...You want Martin/Andrew to create AM and PM smilies so folks can identify with one group or another?

There's a difference between being a critic of a player and being "anti."

mreinman started a pro-Anthony thread recently, and many "critics" have been very complimentary of Carmelo's in recent weeks, including myself.

You look at the evidence, interpret it, and reach your conclusions. The changes we see with Anthony are quite evident, and they are not only being noticed by folks on this forum. He's had some relapses, but the Triangulation of Anthony has been in full swing for a number of weeks, now.

Heck...I expect that even Harvey Araton might have some good things to say about Anthony.

That last play was a bit awkward, and yeah, the spacing was problematic, but it was the right play and undoubtedly the best chance we had to win the game. Seems like part of the evolution the team is going through...one that will hopefully continue.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
gunsnewing
USA
1/9/2016  3:13 AM
For the record Crush. I'm in the group that sniffs out posters who are smug towards other fellow posters
stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

1/9/2016  3:30 AM
Can't wait the game against GSW. I got faith on this team now. Not mad at this loss. I am proud of being a knicks fans.
stopstandthere

1/9/2016  3:32 AM
crzymdups wrote:

Great. We will wait for it.

stopstandthere

1/9/2016  3:35 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
dk7th wrote:fisher screwed up that game. we could have used that last time out and run the lob play to kp again. instead it's give it to melo.

Yea, Im sure that play would have worked 2 times in a row. Wake up man, see thru your hatred.

No time out was the right play as we won't let Spurs' defense to regroup.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/9/2016  3:56 AM
crzymdups wrote:Knicks were down 92-80 with 5 minutes to play. They finished the game on a 19-8 run in San Antonio, where San Antonio has not lost since they added LMA, since well before they added LMA.

Maybe Fisher should've called a time out, but the likelihood there is the same folks calling for a time out would be screaming at Melo for taking the last shot out of a time out.

lets not forget for the jerian grant fans here...that the comeback started with jose in the game because at least he knows how to run an offense in the nba. i get so sick n tired of grant just walking up the ball like a college shotclock still applies!!

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

1/9/2016  3:57 AM
nixluva wrote:LAST SHOTS WOULD BE DIFFERENT WITH A SPEEDY BREAKDOWN PG INSTEAD OF JOSE! Jose is fine in limited use but we can't rely on him for starter minutes. Can't put the ball in his hands and let him create at end of game!

we need one for sure...but he's the best pg on the roster right now...you cant deny that

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

1/9/2016  4:06 AM
nixluva wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Great game too bad it ended in a loss... In terms of consistency ... I want to see KP be this aggressive every night ... Kid is a game changer if he plays with this kinda energy he will propel us into the playoffs

Knicks play like this against 98% of teams they win! This was even with major disadvantage at PG!!! If Phil can somehow upgrade the PG spot it would make a HUGE difference!

Knicks play to the level of their competition....Thats why this win was so important to steal. KP was hyped up because he knows the Spurs are the best team. Aflalo and Melo was too hyped up, which is why there started off 1-6 and 2-12

Even with that terrible shot percentage, we still had a chance to win. Maybe it will feel better in the morning....But I don't like any loses, especially the ones we should've won!

Just for perspective, NO ONE has beaten the Spurs at home! The Knicks almost pulled it off by inches! As long as the Knicks keep playing like this they will completely change their season!

do you realize what it would have done for the team's psyche if the knicks had actually won the game? that's why it was important to win. if this was a loss against the rockets or something on the road, i'd be ok.

Gudris
Member: #6213

1/9/2016  6:34 AM
There should be time out(players looked disoriented), and KP desreve to have last play, maybe the same us previous O
Friday Night Spurs! 8:30pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy