[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Friday Night Spurs! 8:30pm
Author Thread
Malcolm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6131

1/8/2016  11:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/8/2016  11:56 PM
blkexec wrote:
Malcolm wrote:It's nice that I'm retired and don't have to get up and go to work in the morning . . .

You don't have to be retired to not work on a Saturday.....But I'm still envy of that, especially on week days.

Especially when games are on the West Coast . . . (!)

Gawd, it killed me when I followed Jackson and the Lakers and was living/working in Philly . . .

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/8/2016  11:56 PM
crzymdups wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:I don't mind Jose starting but don't wanna see him to finish out games... Has nothing to do with the last shot... Jose's defense just killed us tonight ... He did not have a vintage game tonight...

I like Jose but he's not supposed to be a starter at this point in his career! We MUST upgrade the PG spot and add another SG too. Can't depend on AA as the only true SG! Phil needs to get this done. Knicks are not far off from the better teams if you could upgrade the PG!

You can say Jose and Gallo shouldn't be the closers for an NBA team. That just shows you how weak we are at the guard positions.....Gallo only has 1 gear, and thats when he's successful. So you can't trust Gallo to make the right offensive IQ play, unless he goes in a straight line. Jose is Jose, a typical veteran guard off the bench....But he's starting and finishing games. Something is wrong with that too. I trust Phil sees the same things I'm seeing, and just doesn't have the right move to make right now. So I'll stick with that. Jimmer is not the answer, from what I can see. He has turn style defense as well.

I agree - I think Phil will be looking to upgrade the PG this off-season.

But again - Knicks outscored the Spurs 21-14 in the 4th with Jose on the floor.

IMO Knicks are VERY, VERY CLOSE! The right additions could push this team to the top tier! We have some dead weight on the roster. I'm hoping and praying Phil can make some upgrades!!!

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/8/2016  11:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2016  12:05 AM
crzymdups wrote:Just saw the replay of the last shot - Spurs defended it well and Melo made the best play he could there.

I liked that Fish came over and told Melo good job after the game.

Yes crazy that a coach even feels it's necessary to reassure a 13yr get that he made the right play but it just goes to show how great a challenge it was to get Melo to change. I will take it!

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/8/2016  11:59 PM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:I don't mind Jose starting but don't wanna see him to finish out games... Has nothing to do with the last shot... Jose's defense just killed us tonight ... He did not have a vintage game tonight...

I like Jose but he's not supposed to be a starter at this point in his career! We MUST upgrade the PG spot and add another SG too. Can't depend on AA as the only true SG! Phil needs to get this done. Knicks are not far off from the better teams if you could upgrade the PG!

You can say Jose and Gallo shouldn't be the closers for an NBA team. That just shows you how weak we are at the guard positions.....Gallo only has 1 gear, and thats when he's successful. So you can't trust Gallo to make the right offensive IQ play, unless he goes in a straight line. Jose is Jose, a typical veteran guard off the bench....But he's starting and finishing games. Something is wrong with that too. I trust Phil sees the same things I'm seeing, and just doesn't have the right move to make right now. So I'll stick with that. Jimmer is not the answer, from what I can see. He has turn style defense as well.

IMO Knicks are VERY, VERY CLOSE! The right additions could push this team to the top tier! We have some dead weight on the roster. I'm hoping and praying Phil can make some upgrades!!!

Agreed. Next step is consistency. Have to bring this effort against the Celtics and Bucks. Those two games are important games.

Win those and start making a run towards the playoffs.

¿ △ ?
Malcolm

1/8/2016  11:59 PM
nixluva wrote:IMO Knicks are VERY, VERY CLOSE! The right additions could push this team to the top tier! We have some dead weight on the roster. I'm hoping and praying Phil can make some upgrades!!!
Without injuries, this looks like a solid .500 team this year.

That won't make the playoffs . . . but for an entirely rebuilt team, it's pretty close to miraculous (!)

crzymdups
USA
1/9/2016  12:00 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Just saw the replay of the last shot - Spurs defended it well and Melo made the best play he could there.

Yes crazy that a coach even feels it's necessary but it just goes to show how great a challenge it was to get Melo to change. I will take it!

I think he knew Melo wanted to win badly. He had his hands on his knees and head down. I liked that move by Fish.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
1/9/2016  12:01 AM
Malcolm wrote:
nixluva wrote:IMO Knicks are VERY, VERY CLOSE! The right additions could push this team to the top tier! We have some dead weight on the roster. I'm hoping and praying Phil can make some upgrades!!!

That won't make the playoffs . . . but for an entirely rebuilt team, it's pretty close to miraculous (!)

I think they're making the playoffs. They can still get better.

¿ △ ?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/9/2016  12:02 AM
A bit off topic...

For a guy who did not want to play center for Phil, Aldridge sure seems to look like one these days.

Lots of posting up...few Js beyond 17 feet...setting a lot of picks...

Is he also heavier than he was last year?

Nothing special about him, IMO. Solid player, but nothing there that would make him worthy of being the highest paid player on a team as good as SA.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Malcolm

1/9/2016  12:02 AM

BTW . . . Jackson, Fisher, and team-mates are all doing the right thing by giving Carmelo his props over this.

That's important for Carmelo to feel . . .

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/9/2016  12:03 AM
dk7th wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
blkexec wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Did we have a timeout? Don't know if it was the smartest play to just give it to Melo guarded by Kawhi on that last possession; that's pretty tough, although he did find jose for a decent shot.

right i thought we had a 20 second timeout left?

TIMEOUT COACH...THIS ISN'T THE LAKER CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM WITH KOBE AND SHAQ

So the Spurs can set their defense?

We looked a bit discombobulated out there around halfcourt. A timeout would have been a wise thing to do, IMO.

I think they were looking to Fisher to see if they should call a time out.

Yep....I saw that. And Fisher did exactly what Phil did with the Lakers, when they had Kobe and Shaq. This team isn't ready for that no timeout play at the end.....Not yet. They need every single win they can get to build momentum and make a statement for themselves and others.

This bozo team has been pushing final plays without calling a time out since Woodson, Dantoni & Isiah before that. And it used to led to Melo hoisting a 30ft shot against 4-5 defenders. This time Melo passed. That is more important to this teams future than winning 1 regular season game. It's what we've all been begging for all these years. And the same people who begged Melo to pass off on the last shot for once in his basketball life are the same people being overly critical of a hard caught loss vs a team that is undefeated at home

melo passing is not the issue for me. he did the right thing in passing.

what i object to is fisher's putting melo in that situation in the first place. that was one instance of fisher's decision squandering an opportunity. "hey galloway get the ball to melo and get out of the way."

melo's first mistake is not using the pick kp sets for him, which would have meant going right and getting into a pick and roll situation while keeping the right spacing. force the defense to make a decision.

melo goes left and ruins whatever spacing there is, drawing three defenders, makes a crappy little softish pass with no touch on it, and that forces a good shooter into rushing a shot because the defender is 6'6" and still as quick as a cat on closeouts.

Baby steps. Especially with Melo. We all know he is not the sharpest tool in the shed. You can't throw too many things at him at once despite being in the league for 13yrs. He's at least listening and trying. He's getting there. It just taking him a little longer than it does the prototypical $25mil dollar "superstar franchise player"

nixluva
USA
1/9/2016  12:05 AM
crzymdups wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

I think they're making the playoffs. They can still get better.

Knicks right now are playing top tier level ball! If Phil can upgrade the roster this team will make the playoffs.

KP is starting to realize that no one can stop him if he believes in his game and plays like a Star!!!

We just need an upgrade at the guard spot and another SG behind AA so we have depth and some defense at SG if AA can't get it done.

blkexec
Member: #748
1/9/2016  12:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2016  12:09 AM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I know we have some dead weight....But even if Jose was a different player.....Gallo would've did the same exact thing......Look over to Fisher for guidance......Rush a pass to Melo......Melo will drive left BECAUSE....like me, most good defenders cut off my right hand......And Melo would've forced a pass over to whoever this new and improved PG is, into a rushed 3pt shot......EVENTHOUGH.....we were only down 1 point.

What I'm saying is, Fisher is also part of the blame and he still has some growing pains to get through. I'm just tired of blaming every loss on growing and development issues. KP is a rookie and he played like a veteran today. It was a big game, and he showed up in a big way. I would expect my veterans to show up better than 1-6 and 2-12....Jose lack of defense. Fisher not calling a timeout.

OK....I'm done rambling and saying the same thing over and over.

Great loss by the knicks. This will hopefully be a turning point road trip for the team. If you can almost beat the spurs on their home court, you can play with anybody in the league! Melo passing the ball also means others around him will now trust he will pass, and be ready to shoot. Also, I'm sure Galo and others will look at that last play, and see what they could've done differently. Melo going to his strong hand was the better play. If anything, he would've had a defender riding him from the top of the key, and forcing the refs to make a call. All learning lessons for everybody. Good night....Time to get a drink and calm my nerves. Or just make an excuse to leave the house and watch some eye candy.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
crzymdups
USA
1/9/2016  12:08 AM
Malcolm wrote:

BTW . . . Jackson, Fisher, and team-mates are all doing the right thing by giving Carmelo his props over this.

That's important for Carmelo to feel . . .

Totally agree.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
1/9/2016  12:09 AM
¿ △ ?
nixluva
USA
1/9/2016  12:10 AM
MY KINGDOM FOR A BREAKDOWN PG!!!
blkexec
Member: #748
1/9/2016  12:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2016  12:11 AM
crzymdups wrote:

I like that veteran tweet.....Good for Jose to step up and show some leadership!

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nixluva
USA
1/9/2016  12:16 AM
Might be good for Knicks to do some last second shot drills. Just to go over what they want to do when they face crunch time shot situations. They didn't really look like they knew what they wanted to do. Gotta be clear on how to attack on a end of shot clock look like that.
Malcolm

1/9/2016  12:17 AM
nixluva wrote:MY KINGDOM FOR A BREAKDOWN PG!!!
Where you gonna get a Triangle-ready PG in mid-season . . . (?)
Malcolm

1/9/2016  12:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2016  12:19 AM
nixluva wrote:Might be good for Knicks to do some last second shot drills. Just to go over what they want to do when they face crunch time shot situations. They didn't really look like they knew what they wanted to do. Gotta be clear on how to attack on a end of shot clock look like that.
Players might have been expecting a time out.

If so, good lesson for them the way it unfolded (the advantages of NOT calling time out . . .).

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
1/9/2016  1:06 AM
dk7th wrote:fisher screwed up that game. we could have used that last time out and run the lob play to kp again. instead it's give it to melo.

Yea, Im sure that play would have worked 2 times in a row. Wake up man, see thru your hatred.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Friday Night Spurs! 8:30pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy