[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sprewell for Nick and Raef
Author Thread
LarrythaLeo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #71
USA
12/16/2001  12:39 AM
I have worked out a possible trade that could net us a true up tempo point guard and an agile big man:

NY gets:
PG Nick Van Exel
PF/C Raef Lafrentz
SG/SF Tariq Abdul-Wahad

DEN gets:
SG Latrel Sprewell
PG Mark Jackson
PF Othella Harrington

Realgm.com Trade ID # 431346

If one of the big three is going to be moved its going to be sprewell he is the player with the least questions in his game and has the most trade value. I know there is going to be a lot of negative comments about this trade but Van Exel is a PG that can score and create for others, While Lafrentz is a Polished big man who can let Camby play the 4, and in Tariq we get one of the better perimeter defenders in the league.

C Raef Lafrentz
PF Marcus Camby
SF Shandan Anderson
SG Allan Houston
PG Nick Van Exel
AUTOADVERT
VG
Member: #68
Australia
12/16/2001  1:47 AM
One thing I'm worried about with this trade is our point-guard jam. Van Exel would play at least 35 minutes a game so there's not much minutes left for Ward and Eisley. It'd be good if we could somehow trade one of the back-up point-guards for Marc Jackson but I'm afraid GSW would rather get Best instead of Ward or Eisley.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/16/2001  12:44 PM
Overall it would be nice, but there's still the fact the Denver would be left with no center and therefore, probably wouldn't do it. I like the idea, but we would need to pull a three-way, maybe adding Golden State and Marc Jackson in the deal. I love Spree, but this deal would be well worth it. If all else fails, we can always just go after Jackson.
Knixkik
USA
12/16/2001  12:45 PM
Also, according to BskBALL.com, Miami is one of the few teams who has interest in Ward. Something we need to take full advantage of.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/16/2001  1:24 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

Also, according to BskBALL.com, Miami is one of the few teams who has interest in Ward. Something we need to take full advantage of.

Especially considering the Knicks could get Miami's trade exception, this would be a great trade. Reily may want one of his warriors back - his PG lineup stinks and Ward may be able to open up the offense with a timely 3 (or at least better than House, Strickland, etc.).
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
12/16/2001  4:00 PM
I kinda like the trade, but I'm very curious at how severe the injury of wahad is. If it's a clearcut injury with 99.9% full recovery then why not.
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
12/16/2001  4:01 PM
Anybody have a clue why this doesn't work? Salaries match and it would be great to reunite Spree and Rose..

Indiana trades: Jalen Rose $10,865,250 to New York (BYC Value $8,148,937),Austin Croshere $6,310,000 to New York (BYC Value $4,732,500),Jamison Brewer $332,817 TOTAL: $17,508,067

New York trades: Allan Houston $12,750,000 to Indiana (BYC Value $9,000,000) ,Larry Robinson $590,850 ,Kurt Thomas $4,413,375, TOTAL: $17,754,225

TRADE DECLINED

There were BYC players involved in this trade, so this trade is subject to the BYC provisions of the CBA. Due to Indiana and New York being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and New York had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did not happen here (neither met the condition). This trade does not satisfy the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

I don't like Croshere on bit but this would be a good trade for us (probably not for Indiana).
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
12/16/2001  4:05 PM
Charlie to miami will be a weird trade, as miami has either minmum players, 2-3 million players or 10 mil and above players but nothing in the Ward price range. They do however have a trade exception so something like this would work, pure for arguments sake anyway,

Miami trades: LaPhonso Ellis $3,000,000 to New York
Miami trades: Anthony Carter $3,250,000 to New York (BYC Value $1,625,000)
TOTAL: $6,250,000

New York trades: Othella Harrington $2,475,000 to Miami
New York trades: Charlie Ward $5,110,000 to Miami (plus Trade Kicker $814,500)
TOTAL: $7,585,000

TRADE ACCEPTED

Miami had to use $3,289,500 of their $3,350,000 trade exception in order for this trade to go through. Miami has $60,500 left of their previous trade exception to use in another trade.

New York would also receive a trade exception of $1,335,000 with this trade. This would have to be used within one calendar year from the date of this trade.
Knixkik
USA
12/16/2001  4:35 PM
Another deal we can look into is for Vitaly Potapenko of Boston. BskBALL.com said new york was talking with Boston about him. I looked at the Celtic's roster and realized they lack a pure, solid power forward. I think they could have a lot of interest in Thomas or more specificly Weatherspoon and both deals would work under the cap. Boston starts Battie and has Blount coming off the bench at center so they can afford to loose Potapenko in order to get a good, veteran forward. Weatherspoon for Vitaly sounds fair and works capwise so i really like it. Thoughts?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/16/2001  4:40 PM
Posted by LarrythaLeo:

I have worked out a possible trade that could net us a true up tempo point guard and an agile big man:

NY gets:
PG Nick Van Exel
PF/C Raef Lafrentz
SG/SF Tariq Abdul-Wahad

DEN gets:
SG Latrel Sprewell
PG Mark Jackson
PF Othella Harrington

Realgm.com Trade ID # 431346

If one of the big three is going to be moved its going to be sprewell he is the player with the least questions in his game and has the most trade value. I know there is going to be a lot of negative comments about this trade but Van Exel is a PG that can score and create for others, While Lafrentz is a Polished big man who can let Camby play the 4, and in Tariq we get one of the better perimeter defenders in the league.

C Raef Lafrentz
PF Marcus Camby
SF Shandan Anderson
SG Allan Houston
PG Nick Van Exel

Although this trade fills some positional gaps, it breaks a few of the golden rules of trades: Never trade a high-level all-star for anything but an even exchange and never trade away the one player who can will your team to a victory. Spree is too valuable to trade away for anything but a perennial all-star in return.

Any trade with Denver that includes Spree should also include McDyess.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
LarrythaLeo
Member: #71
USA
12/17/2001  3:29 PM
Although this trade fills some positional gaps, it breaks a few of the golden rules of trades: Never trade a high-level all-star for anything but an even exchange and never trade away the one player who can will your team to a victory. Spree is too valuable to trade away for anything but a perennial all-star in return.

Any trade with Denver that includes Spree should also include McDyess.
I would like to believe that we are getting an equal exchange of talent while also improving the balance of our team . Everytime the knicks hit the floor I feel they are an undersized unit that is forced to overachieve to be sucessful. Look back at the year that Alonzo Mourning was out with the illness. Miami was forced to play undersized and the effects showed in the playoffs. A fatigued Miami team was swept out of the playoffs by Charlotte a more physically imposing team. In terms of equal talent this year Nick Van Exel is averaging 24 pts and nearly 8 assists while Raef is adding 14 pts and nearly 8 rebs these two can replace the absence of Spree 20 pts 4 assists 4 rebs.
Sprewell for Nick and Raef

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy