[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Miami Game Thread: Wade quote to remember "officiating errors in our favor don't really bother me."
Author Thread
SocraticBallin22
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6096

1/6/2016  9:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2016  9:59 PM
Rolo enjoying his big game after the win!

AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/6/2016  10:02 PM
OjilEye wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:amundson...why is he here?
Injured . . .

He got a haircut. That about sums it up.

He's insurance in case we lose a big to injury. It can happen.
And yah, he's lookin' like a new man with that buzz...

When healthy he is also a good practice player, I expect, and he plays tough ball when he does get on the court.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/6/2016  10:04 PM
D. Will deserves some love for bringing it again tonight. He made some timely baskets and gave Winslow fits like Bosh was giving KP.
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

1/6/2016  10:12 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:D. Will deserves some love for bringing it again tonight. He made some timely baskets and gave Winslow fits like Bosh was giving KP.

he may be the quickest leaper I have ever seen. If only they can actually teach this kid how to play. Not sure that he is smart enough and will ever get it.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Malcolm
Member: #6131

1/6/2016  10:15 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:D. Will deserves some love for bringing it again tonight. He made some timely baskets and gave Winslow fits like Bosh was giving KP.

he may be the quickest leaper I have ever seen. If only they can actually teach this kid how to play. Not sure that he is smart enough and will ever get it.

There's gotta be a way to get through to anyone.

May take forever, but there's gotta be way . . .

yellowboy90

1/6/2016  10:19 PM
mreinman wrote:

he is above 55% after tonight for TS% on 24% Usg rate with a minuscule 6.5 TOV% while sporting a .150+ WS/48.

He just might be getting it. Are you sure you are not letting D.Will past and hair doo cloud your judgement?

mreinman

1/6/2016  10:24 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

he is above 55% after tonight for TS% on 24% Usg rate with a minuscule 6.5 TOV% while sporting a .150+ WS/48.

He just might be getting it. Are you sure you are not letting D.Will past and hair doo cloud your judgement?

maybe ... every time he touches the ball I'm scared. He is definitely playing much better but he still seems to not be getting the pig play and the double deer post ... everyone is waving him all over the place.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/6/2016  10:27 PM
3 wins in a row against the top of the East! Nice.

The team is playing like a team and well. I think the shorter rotations are helping tremendously for AA and DWill especially.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/6/2016  10:32 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:If I were Rolo's coach, I would say..."great game, 9-12 from the field...but 4 rebounds in 35 minutes and you're a 7 footer?...that's bush league!

You're not watching how he is boxing out for his guys. RoLo does the little things that dont show up. The last 3 games especially.

This is the player that PJax envisioned.

KP needs to calm down on this drives. As Clyde said, he "bails" out.

mreinman

1/6/2016  10:33 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:If I were Rolo's coach, I would say..."great game, 9-12 from the field...but 4 rebounds in 35 minutes and you're a 7 footer?...that's bush league!

You're not watching how he is boxing out for his guys. RoLo does the little things that dont show up. The last 3 games especially.

This is the player that PJax envisioned.

KP needs to calm down on this drives. As Clyde said, he "bails" out.

agree on both points

yellowboy90

1/6/2016  10:34 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

maybe ... every time he touches the ball I'm scared. He is definitely playing much better but he still seems to not be getting the pig play and the double deer post ... everyone is waving him all over the place.

Some of that is on Grant, I will change that to a lot of that in my opinion is on Grant. I used to think it was D.Will but seeing him with some of the starters he gets to the correct spots more often. Also, we need to factor in that this is his first year in the system and I am sure as he gets more reps he will learn more.

Dude is only 1 yr older than Grant. This maybe a natural growth. He maybe taking that DeMar DeRozen jump, realizing he can get to the line at will. It happen in season 5 for Derozen too.

mreinman

1/6/2016  10:40 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Some of that is on Grant, I will change that to a lot of that in my opinion is on Grant. I used to think it was D.Will but seeing him with some of the starters he gets to the correct spots more often. Also, we need to factor in that this is his first year in the system and I am sure as he gets more reps he will learn more.

Dude is only 1 yr older than Grant. This maybe a natural growth. He maybe taking that DeMar DeRozen jump, realizing he can get to the line at will. It happen in season 5 for Derozen too.

I hope. I am definitely getting a bit more comfortable with him. In the beginning of the year I wanted to hit him over the head with a hammer but I did not want my hammer to break.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/6/2016  10:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2016  11:01 PM
Lopez/KP are two of the best defenders in Defensive FG% in the league for shots 0-6' from the basket (around the rim).
Meaning together they are probably the best rim protectors in the league.

The key for us is defense. When we're playing good defense, it allows us to get some breathing room when the offense will go cold. It happened twice tonight - the offense went dry for a bit. But the defense was so good, we just didn't let Miami get too many consecutive scores. As soon as Fish reverted to Quinn at C, Miami got easier shots and a number of layups.

Said before the game - I think this team's way more talented on defense than offense. We really have shut down defensive talent. Calderon's the only guy who can't defend his man on a consistent basis. And even Jose's been giving a big effort lately. I look around the league, and there isn't too many defensive teams much better than ours - talent wise. Perhaps the only thing we're missing is that wing player who extremely good defensively that he'll take on the opposing team's star perimeter player. Lance Thomas may have that potential though. With time and experience - focus obviously - the Knicks have more than enough talent to be top 5 in the league defensively.

blkexec
Member: #748
1/7/2016  12:34 AM
Always been a D.will fan since college. It irks me to hear selfless jealous fans talk about d.will like he's garbage.....even after a solid game. Just because hes making more money in two years than most will ever see in a lifetime doesn't mean u should hate on him. He's probably smarter with higher iq than most knick fans on this board. That hate runs deeper than basketball.

I've said from day one he should get more playing time even when he makes bone head mistakes. But im starting to think hes better off the bench because it forces him to always play hungry. And I'm starting to enjoy the defense and two man game between the twin towers.

Good win....Give Fisher and Melo the credit for this run. Melo is trusting his teammates. ...Fisher is developing team chemistry by shortening his rotation.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/7/2016  12:57 AM
blkexec wrote:Always been a D.will fan since college. It irks me to hear selfless jealous fans talk about d.will like he's garbage.....even after a solid game. Just because hes making more money in two years than most will ever see in a lifetime doesn't mean u should hate on him. He's probably smarter with higher iq than most knick fans on this board. That hate runs deeper than basketball.

I've said from day one he should get more playing time even when he makes bone head mistakes. But im starting to think hes better off the bench because it forces him to always play hungry. And I'm starting to enjoy the defense and two man game between the twin towers.

Good win....Give Fisher and Melo the credit for this run. Melo is trusting his teammates. ...Fisher is developing team chemistry by shortening his rotation.

With regard to the rotation one thing that some may not have considered is that by basically playing everyone Fish gave everyone a legit shot to earn a spot in the final rotation. No one can really say that they didn't have at least some shot to show what they can do at some point early in the season. Now that he's set the rotation there's no one that can complain being out of the rotation cuz if they had excelled then they would have the spot in the rotation. The guys playing deserve to play for the most part.

Malcolm
Member: #6131

1/7/2016  1:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2016  1:26 AM
nixluva wrote:With regard to the rotation one thing that some may not have considered is that by basically playing everyone Fish gave everyone a legit shot to earn a spot in the final rotation. No one can really say that they didn't have at least some shot to show what they can do at some point early in the season. Now that he's set the rotation there's no one that can complain being out of the rotation cuz if they had excelled then they would have the spot in the rotation. The guys playing deserve to play for the most part.

I think you and I both know this from Phil's book . . . where he says he didn't worry much about first 20 games each season while waiting to see what he had in front of him.

I mentioned that here before . . . and that Fisher was probably doing same thing.

Sure enough . . . just about game 20, Fisher started using the same 10 man rotation everyday.

And now . . . it looks as if he knows what'll win more games with the talent we got -- an 8 man rotation.

As you say, no one should have a complaint. Not Early or Grant or O'Quinn. That's good for team morale.

But it's pretty unlikely we'll try to win the rest of the season with just those 8 guys.

KP probably can't handle those kind of minutes, for one thing.

We either need to get more talent somehow . . . or pull back and lose some games while we try to develop the talent we have.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/7/2016  9:22 AM
Team is really showing great chemistry. Chemistry starts with leadership and its clear this team has two strong leaders in Melo and Fisher. For the guys trashing Fisher for not using a shorter rotation earlier you are being dopes. Can you not see he played 12-13 guys for the first two months to let guys earn their minutes? Did he potentially sacrifice some wins to accomplish that? Im sure... we saw some games where 12 guys played and some of the lineups were not effective (putting it nicely). However everyone except Early got extended minutes at some stretch, and the 9ish guys in the rotation are clearly the best right now.

Its also clear the right buttons are being pushed. Calderon and DWill have had their minutes cut at various times over recent weeks and look how they are playing now. Galloway has been playing less and that has been more. Rolo is truly becoming an anchor. Rolo and KP and Melo are turning into a fantastic frontcourt combo on both sides of the floor. Balance, size, scoring, length... against the Hawks WE were forcing the adjustments, not being forced to adjust TO.

Great win. Hoping its a sign of the times and not just a good blip. It certainly looks like they are legit.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/7/2016  1:11 PM
fishmike wrote:Team is really showing great chemistry. Chemistry starts with leadership and its clear this team has two strong leaders in Melo and Fisher. For the guys trashing Fisher for not using a shorter rotation earlier you are being dopes. Can you not see he played 12-13 guys for the first two months to let guys earn their minutes? Did he potentially sacrifice some wins to accomplish that? Im sure... we saw some games where 12 guys played and some of the lineups were not effective (putting it nicely). However everyone except Early got extended minutes at some stretch, and the 9ish guys in the rotation are clearly the best right now.

Its also clear the right buttons are being pushed. Calderon and DWill have had their minutes cut at various times over recent weeks and look how they are playing now. Galloway has been playing less and that has been more. Rolo is truly becoming an anchor. Rolo and KP and Melo are turning into a fantastic frontcourt combo on both sides of the floor. Balance, size, scoring, length... against the Hawks WE were forcing the adjustments, not being forced to adjust TO.

Great win. Hoping its a sign of the times and not just a good blip. It certainly looks like they are legit.

Great point about the letting guys earn their time. This was a brand new team - 6 of the top 9 guys in our rotation are new - Fish gave guys a chance to make their role on the team. It has clearly helped the culture.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/7/2016  4:05 PM
From the Sun Sentinel:
The Knicks are a team you can see progress. They had 17 wins all last year. Wednesday was their 18th win. The team that couldn't shoot straight last year shot 55.7 percent to complete back-to-back wins against Atlanta and the Heat.

And the Heat? Patience is fine. But questions are piling up.

"We just have to keep on forging ahead,'' Spoelstra said.

Game 35. Do you know who the Heat are? Or, as Wednesday showed, do you like it?

Copyright © 2016, Sun Sentinel

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/fl-hyde-heat-knicks-column-0107-20160106-column.html
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Miami Game Thread: Wade quote to remember "officiating errors in our favor don't really bother me."

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy