[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Atlanta again!
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

1/5/2016  11:27 PM
nixluva wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:What I love more than anything is that Melo came to KP defense. You don't normally see (at least, I haven't) Melo do stuff like that, so watching him pushing Bazemore off of KP was awesome.

This is a real TEAM and MELO has bought in and taken ownership of this group. He's been playing the TEAM game the way we've wanted to see. He's never passed like this or defended like this before.

While I have complained about his shot (or inconsistency with his shot for what is a player who many think of as a top 10 guy in the league, top 5 scorer) I do agree he has been a marvel in terms of passing and effort on D. Fisher called him out early in the season on it, and Melo responded. I give credit where credit is due. Melo has become someone who truly is making teammates better and playing a 2-way game. Now if he can maintain this 2-3 years it'd be great. I don't know if he can or will, but it'll be that long until we actually are good enough to compete maybe for a title. And then this development in Melo's game/leadership really counts big time. Feel we're 1 move away, however making that 1 move to get to the next level won't be easy.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/5/2016  11:27 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:What I love more than anything is that Melo came to KP defense. You don't normally see (at least, I haven't) Melo do stuff like that, so watching him pushing Bazemore off of KP was awesome.

This is a real TEAM and MELO has bought in and taken ownership of this group. He's been playing the TEAM game the way we've wanted to see. He's never passed like this or defended like this before.

no. this was the biggest challenge that phil had and initially it looked like melo was not gonna go for it but it seems like phil finally got to him.

Was Phil buying the ice cream after the summer workouts in Melo's gym?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

1/5/2016  11:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2016  12:51 AM
How must the Hawks feel after losing back to back games to us after their great season last year?
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

1/5/2016  11:29 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

no. this was the biggest challenge that phil had and initially it looked like melo was not gonna go for it but it seems like phil finally got to him.

don't care how but at least its finally happening.

I was one of the only guys who kept saying that he could do this if he wants to and most said he is who he is.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/5/2016  11:34 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I was one of the only guys who kept saying that he could do this if he wants to and most said he is who he is.

I was angry with MELO back when MDA tried to get him to play like this and he balked. He's matured since then and this summer he bonded with his mates and it has had a positive impact on the team.

Fish seems to have gotten thru to his players cuz they finally started playing faster and executing much better. The Ball and Player movement has been great the last 2 games.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/5/2016  11:36 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:I want someone to tell me what KP told Bazemore when he looked down on him and got in his face? Best quote wins a prize.

hahahahahhahahaha....Knicks fans behind Hawks newsmen at the game

Thats why it's so important to the NBA for the knicks to have a good team. Knick fans are everywhere!

I went to an Atlanta/Knicks game, at Atlanta, last year and I swear half the spectators there were rocking Knicks gear. I found that very surprising considering their records at the time.

tkf goes all the time too, so do i...there are a lot of NYers in Atl

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/5/2016  11:43 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

A few Woodson era ISO hiccups for Melo in the closing minutes, but a very good game for him, with some of the better passes we've ever seen from him in the 1st half.

Fewer ISO plays and forcing his own shots also means more energy for defense and rebounding.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/5/2016  11:45 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

A few Woodson era ISO hiccups for Melo in the closing minutes, but a very good game for him, with some of the better passes we've ever seen from him in the 1st half.

Fewer ISO plays and forcing his own shots also means more energy for defense and rebounding.

I did enjoy Melo's low post abuse of the Hawks tho. 😈

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/6/2016  12:06 AM
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

He did go to the basket more often than he usually does.

Clyde might have commented about him going inside instead of shooting a J that was not going in much in the first half. Always a good thing to have a flexible offensive game.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/6/2016  12:08 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

He did go to the basket more often than he usually does.

Clyde might have commented about him going inside instead of shooting a J that was not going in much in the first half. Always a good thing to have a flexible offensive game.

With Milsap forced to cover KP and Horford on Rolo, Melo was left with Bazemore who is nowhere near as strong as Melo.

¿ △ ?
Kemet
Member: #6148

1/6/2016  12:30 AM
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

This was a great TEAM-WIN where everyone added sweat for the win.
Being the team was adding pure hustle for this win i didnt mind Melo shooting over 20 shots for 20 pts on his career 40% isolation moves. I did get worried about losing this game down the stretch like so many others on ISO-Melo moves each time on offense watching a 15 pt lead go down to a 2 pt lead was scary until the give n go by Calderon n Lopez gave us 4 pt lead in the final seconds

SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

1/6/2016  1:05 AM
Fish leaned on the starters heavily in this game with a back to back in Miami tomorrow night. Let's see what we have left in the tank at South Beach. He may have to expand the 9 man rotation.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/6/2016  7:06 AM
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/6/2016  9:39 AM
haha nice
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Malcolm
Member: #6131

1/6/2016  10:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2016  10:06 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:

good camera work and video editing, too . . .
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/6/2016  10:09 AM
Malcolm wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

good camera work and video editing, too . . .

came in here to post this. you can see Bazemore reeling at the start of that pass from the hard pick ROLO leveled him with, freeing up both he and Melo.

¿ △ ?
Atlanta again!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy