[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Atlanta again!
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

1/5/2016  10:57 PM
Malcolm wrote:Williams extends his lead over Porzingis for 2nd most FT attempts per game . . .

Really loving his style of play.
The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Member: #5748

1/5/2016  10:59 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Loved this game. The way we Atlanta came back was scary, but it was also us not respecting their 3 point shooting. Needed to close out on their open bigs more. Outside of that, this was a very good game.

Fisher's 9 man rotation has totally transformed this team. The last 2 games this team has looked like a legitimate top 5 Eastern Conference team. Now Afflalo has been overplayed and playing way over his head, so I expect him to come down to earth a bit - but Melo OTOH has shot the ball poorly. So it should even out hopefully (When AA comes back down, Melo's hopefully gonna raise his shot).

Props to Melo as well, really good team game from him. The efforts have been there before from him, but now we're seeing them truly be maximized. Tonight Atlanta paid dearly for trying to double him or crowd him early.

Porzingis also with a big game. 15.5 points 9 rebounds in his last 2 games.

They played the starters a lot of minutes tonight though. If Melo gets hurt the season goes down the tubes

That's only because they were playing an EC contender, a top 4 team that won 60 games last year. If this were a more typical game, the other 4 guys would get more of a run. We definitely need a go to scorer off the bench or to possibly bring Afflalo off the bench (Start Gallo).

Melo's in his prime being paid 3 starters equivalent money, and he has to play big minutes if the Knicks want to be a good/competitive team this year. You earn that much, you gotta carry that much of the load. I'm hoping Phil is seeing the areas where he can add some help. DWill has been very good, but we need someone more reliable, a veteran with more of a consistent shot off the bench.

Melo will be fired up for the Heat. The team maybe tired though.

We might be in for a run for our money. Melo played 40 mins, and Lopez and Afflalo both played some really heavy minutes as well. In addition, the Heat are coming off a days rest as well.
The Future is Bright!
Malcolm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6131

1/5/2016  11:01 PM
Knicks win 8th game on road. Last year: 7 . . .
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/5/2016  11:03 PM
@KnicksMemes Knicks 107 Hawks 101 but the real winner is Kent Bazemore who gets to see another day on this Earth
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/5/2016  11:03 PM
TPercy wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Loved this game. The way we Atlanta came back was scary, but it was also us not respecting their 3 point shooting. Needed to close out on their open bigs more. Outside of that, this was a very good game.

Fisher's 9 man rotation has totally transformed this team. The last 2 games this team has looked like a legitimate top 5 Eastern Conference team. Now Afflalo has been overplayed and playing way over his head, so I expect him to come down to earth a bit - but Melo OTOH has shot the ball poorly. So it should even out hopefully (When AA comes back down, Melo's hopefully gonna raise his shot).

Props to Melo as well, really good team game from him. The efforts have been there before from him, but now we're seeing them truly be maximized. Tonight Atlanta paid dearly for trying to double him or crowd him early.

Porzingis also with a big game. 15.5 points 9 rebounds in his last 2 games.

They played the starters a lot of minutes tonight though. If Melo gets hurt the season goes down the tubes

That's only because they were playing an EC contender, a top 4 team that won 60 games last year. If this were a more typical game, the other 4 guys would get more of a run. We definitely need a go to scorer off the bench or to possibly bring Afflalo off the bench (Start Gallo).

Melo's in his prime being paid 3 starters equivalent money, and he has to play big minutes if the Knicks want to be a good/competitive team this year. You earn that much, you gotta carry that much of the load. I'm hoping Phil is seeing the areas where he can add some help. DWill has been very good, but we need someone more reliable, a veteran with more of a consistent shot off the bench.

Melo will be fired up for the Heat. The team maybe tired though.

We might be in for a run for our money. Melo played 40 mins, and Lopez and Afflalo both played some really heavy minutes as well. In addition, the Heat are coming off a days rest as well.

Deng and Winslow is like Selfalosa and Bazemore. One good maybe is that Whiteside is out

Malcolm

1/5/2016  11:04 PM
I'm looking at Knicks schedule. Man, getting to .500 is not easy . . .
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/5/2016  11:05 PM
amazing that every one on the bench was a negative
ES
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/5/2016  11:07 PM
https://vine.co/v/ihWetTUelaK
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/5/2016  11:07 PM
Heat on the 2nd night of a B2B was always going to be a tough one, a good bet for an ugly loss. That's fine with me, because the silly thing would be to rest the starters to be more fresh for Miami only to LOSE to BOTH Atlanta and Miami. Tomorrow I'm sure if things get ugly, Fish will hook the starters quick.

But what you don't know if you're not an established playoff team without a good bench like ours, you can't be resting starters as if we're San Antonio, Golden State or like that. Melo makes the same money as 3 starters combined on this team. Lopez makes 14 M. These guys need to play big minutes. Injuries are a concern for sure - what you do is make sure in games that are winnable is that you can cut minutes there. Games against teams we've been facing recently aren't the sort of games you can even think about resting starters a little more because of a B2B.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
1/5/2016  11:14 PM
blkexec wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:I want someone to tell me what KP told Bazemore when he looked down on him and got in his face? Best quote wins a prize.

hahahahahhahahaha....Knicks fans behind Hawks newsmen at the game

Thats why it's so important to the NBA for the knicks to have a good team. Knick fans are everywhere!

I went to an Atlanta/Knicks game, at Atlanta, last year and I swear half the spectators there were rocking Knicks gear. I found that very surprising considering their records at the time.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/5/2016  11:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:F@ck the Hawks. No way I can go to sleep now.

Refs let Milsap get away with a lot of rough stuff, as well as a number of travels.

This was a game where I thought we might lose in the end, and I was getting ready to be really pissed off because some of the Hawks seemed to be A-holes tonight.

Hate the fact that we have to play a back to back against a very good game after an emotional win in what might have been a statement game for the team.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Swishfm3
Member: #392
1/5/2016  11:19 PM
What I love more than anything is that Melo came to KP defense. You don't normally see (at least, I haven't) Melo do stuff like that, so watching him pushing Bazemore off of KP was awesome.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/5/2016  11:20 PM
I'm really happy for the Knicks and I hope this continues for the rest of the year! This is the kind of execution we were looking to see. They really have started to exhibit the BALL and PLAYER movement this is all about! They Trust each other on both ends.
WaltLongmire

1/5/2016  11:21 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:I want someone to tell me what KP told Bazemore when he looked down on him and got in his face? Best quote wins a prize.

hahahahahhahahaha....Knicks fans behind Hawks newsmen at the game

Thats why it's so important to the NBA for the knicks to have a good team. Knick fans are everywhere!

I went to an Atlanta/Knicks game, at Atlanta, last year and I swear half the spectators there were rocking Knicks gear. I found that very surprising considering their records at the time.

Decent sized NY population in Atlanta, I think, including my sister.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
mreinman
Member: #3189

1/5/2016  11:21 PM
presidential kp of course with a great interview
so here is what phil is thinking ....
Malcolm

1/5/2016  11:22 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Hate the fact that we have to play a back to back against a very good game after an emotional win in what might have been a statement game for the team.
Yeah. Would be nice for the team to be able to sort of let it sink in.

Stuff happens way too fast in NBA to learn easily . . .

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/5/2016  11:22 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:What I love more than anything is that Melo came to KP defense. You don't normally see (at least, I haven't) Melo do stuff like that, so watching him pushing Bazemore off of KP was awesome.

This is a real TEAM and MELO has bought in and taken ownership of this group. He's been playing the TEAM game the way we've wanted to see. He's never passed like this or defended like this before.

WaltLongmire

1/5/2016  11:24 PM

"All you had to do was ask politely for the ball and I would have given it to you...in Latvia our mothers teach us not to grab from someone."

mreinman
Member: #3189

1/5/2016  11:25 PM
nixluva wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:What I love more than anything is that Melo came to KP defense. You don't normally see (at least, I haven't) Melo do stuff like that, so watching him pushing Bazemore off of KP was awesome.

This is a real TEAM and MELO has bought in and taken ownership of this group. He's been playing the TEAM game the way we've wanted to see. He's never passed like this or defended like this before.

no. this was the biggest challenge that phil had and initially it looked like melo was not gonna go for it but it seems like phil finally got to him.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

1/5/2016  11:27 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

"All you had to do was ask politely for the ball and I would have given it to you...in Latvia our mothers teach us not to grab from someone."

Haha

Atlanta again!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy